April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 1,150 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,841
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

That fancy hybrid may have been usable, but mostly around the country club or ski lodge, eh?

Buy a bicycle, craigd. And keep away from my Acura. Scratch it I’ll go full on Joe Kocur on you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I said “useable”, I meant as a daily driver.
The Acura NSX works throughout it’s intended range.
Heat, air, electronics, heavy traffic, dirty air, like a regular production sedan. Of course tire life is short due to sticky soft rubber.

I loved the engine roar right behind me.

Exotic cars bear a great deal of similarity to handmade shotguns.
Some are for owning and looking at.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
When I said “useable”, I meant as a daily driver.
The Acura NSX works throughout it’s intended range.
Heat, air, electronics, heavy traffic, dirty air, like a regular production sedan. Of course tire life is short due to sticky soft rubber.

I loved the engine roar right behind me.

Exotic cars bear a great deal of similarity to handmade shotguns.
Some are for owning and looking at.

A little different in use-ability but the thing that bonded PA24 and I most was we both had de Tomaso Panteras. And man, when that thing was roaring 6 inches behind your head......A driving thrill like no other. Plus, there is a glass window to the engine bay so you can look at it if you want.

Definitely NOT a daily driver.

Last edited by canvasback; 01/21/19 01:59 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I did some work with Maybach.

The service tech said that he had to make certain that any of their cars would start at 40 below zero after sitting all night outside some oligarchs Moscow mistress’ apartment, as well as be cool when sitting all afternoon idling outside the tent of a Sheik’s mistress in the Arabian desert.

They are very well made cars that also work as intended.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
I did some work with Maybach.

The service tech said that he had to make certain that any of their cars would start at 40 below zero after sitting all night outside some oligarchs Moscow mistress’ apartment, as well as be cool when sitting all afternoon idling outside the tent of a Sheik’s mistress in the Arabian desert.

They are very well made cars that also work as intended.

Them are some low rent oligarchs and sheiks. You’d think they’d put them up in a fancy high rise hotel with indoor parking.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was the 275 degree operating temperature range that caught my interest.
Imagine the tolerance range that has to be addressed.

At 300k you get 32? way electrically adjustable seating.
Cashmere carpet (meh) and a real burl walnut dash.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Hello Clapper Zapper, You would be more than welcome to visit our factory to see how much work goes into producing one of our guns and the level of investment required, next time you are visiting the UK.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’d like that.
Your with Longthorne?

Maybe mid August.
Depends on the hatch somewhat.

Say Hello to Les, the diving, coffee roasting dude for me if you cross paths.
It’s a small world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Awwwwww.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not surprising that there was a link between B&E and H&H. When I visited the H&H factory back in 2001, they were doing quite a bit of work with CNC machines.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.