May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (eightbore, DSchrank, Ian Forrester, MattH, Hammergun), 603 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,796
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Clapperzapper, wood turners love box elder if it has some color from spalting, which much of it does. It does burn hot but very fast, thus not much firewood value.

If you get a colorful log, ask the local wood workers, they will probably have a club or local news letter.

I'm cutting and hauling a lot of cherry and walnut for lumber milling today. I'll sell or trade a lot of it.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,

Just buy a stainless liner, sleeve, and cap on eBay and be done with the chimney work .

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Ted,

Just buy a stainless liner, sleeve, and cap on eBay and be done with the chimney work .

The block exterior is ready to fall off the house. That, and Id like a ground level clean out installed when it is repaired.
The stainless stuff can come after that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,

The chimneys in our house are 35 feet tall, all laid I n probably 1850, and are made of soft brick with lime mortar. Consequently too hot of a fire degrades the mortar, so to extend their lifespan another hundred years or until somebody bulldozes the place, we put stainless liners in.

Talk about draft.

I am cursing the Frost nipI have on the front of both legs.
Burns like fire.

I had to work outside early Wednesday at 18 below on the docks.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Growing up we live in a little two room cabin, during a really cold spell, once a week mom would pull the furniture away from the walls and turn up the space heater to thaw the frost off the walls.

We had a kerosene lantern to take to the outhouse to keep warm in the winter and dad built a pump jack for the well so I could just flip the switch in the house and by the time I got to the well water was coming out of the pump.

It was just about the best time in my life, we lived on the river and there was fishing and swimming(it was the bath tub) in the summer and ice skating in the winter. We were surrounded by fields and forests, with plenty of pheasants rabbit and squirrels.

What more could a kid ask for growing up. We roamed the river and fields for miles no one thought it was dangerous. I feel sorry for kids today, they can't even go to the park with out a parent along.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Our house had more than two rooms, oscar, but uninsulated, no light and power, one-room school etc. It WAS the best time of my life: a .22, alder for trout rod, dinghy and sail, traps and snares, independence, Mom expected us home for meals but if we didn't we went without because there were more interesting things to do. Those of us with shoes or not to school didn't matter. Schoolmates were good to each other. We discovered the bad stuff later.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Think I'll go shooting it's 67 outside now calling for a high of 70 with strong winds out of the south should make for some fun shooting.

They had initially predicted cooler weather for today.

I'm guessing that after our Great President Donald J. Trumps State of the Union Address last night the sorry azz democrats caused the temp to rise at least 10 degrees on the east coast.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I shot a round of sporting yesterday afternoon and stayed for the bi-weekly supper. It was 79 degrees as I was driving there about 3:30. Forecast high for tomorrow is 82F. I'm really concerned that everything is going to start "putting out", and flowering, and that another freeze will ruin it all. Does that 'occasionally here.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Weather straight from the North pole this AM. Minus 41 in Saskatoon.
Not going anywhere in a rush this morning.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In 1940, wearing moccasins, I went to Caswell Elementary School in Saskatoon in those temperatures. I've never heard since the squeak of snow under my feet.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.