April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Kolar Dickson, HMAK, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 419 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,217
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

54 above here today...got down to T shirt working in the yard.

Mid 60s tomorrow.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It was about 10 degrees when I got home from work, with a raw wind out of the south east. It was a bit less than pleasant to walk, but, the pooch shouldnt be denied. The sunset was beautiful.
It is supposed to be much warmer, tomorrow.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,
You're correct, we are in for a good warming this weekend up here. I'll be hitting the clays course for sure.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

And now a word from the world's foremost weather prognosticator:

Happy Groundhog Day.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Global warming will be here before you know it...we used to just call it Summer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Global warming will be here before you know it...we used to just call it Summer.

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
God's Covenant with Noah after the flood.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Got down to about -35 here, but we missed the snow and strong winds. Normal cold snap. Time to work on my firecracker pack and label collection that likely is world's largest. And yes! Some show double shotguns and muzzle-loaders!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trees a popping...I know that sound...The box elder trees all around my house sound like somebody shot a .22 in the back yard.
Me, I carve decoys and load 10 ga ammo for my 1894 Rem...

Mergus

Duckboats, decoys and double barrels...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Funny you should mention box elder trees.

The front of my property is low land forest, perfect habitat for Box Elder trees.

I cut a bunch of them down, and split them all up into firewood. Worked my butt off, and then nobody would buy it. 60 face cords all ricked up on our front lawn, ready to go. A great store of work.
Then one day, an Amish guy rolls in riding in somebody elses truck.

He asked me what kind of firewood it was, I said Box Elder, its not worth much.

He says how much will you take for all of it? . I was a little shocked. I said, do I have to load it?. He said, no, we will come down with the wagon and get it.

I shot him price, he extended his hand, we shook, And he peeled off a bunch $100 bills.
I said, what are you gonna do with all this wood? Nobody wants it for firewood, too dry, too small. He said, we shoe horses with it. It lights good, it burns fast, it burns hot and with a little fresh air you can melt steel and no ash.

Thats the one and only time I have ever had anybody look favorably on that crap.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wood stove in the basement, and a block chute on the side of my house, to drop the wood into the basement. Mine isnt a pretty stove, with glass in it, it is an old, cast iron All Nighter with a ceramic tile floor under it.
My favorite mix is oak, elm and birch. Elm sucks to split, unless it is below zero degrees outside, then it just pops like any other wood. Popple and box elder are ok, if you have plenty of wood of other species to mix with them. I have a ton of black walnut to burn, nothing to mix with it at the moment. But, my chimney needs work, and Im holding off until it is fixed.
I only run the stove from about 10 above or below. It cooks you out of the place, if it is warmer than that.
I love wood heat.

Best,
Ted

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.