Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You run your Setter, of course:

Sky was impossibly blue, and here we come upon another impossibility-there is a dog in this photo. It is sometimes hard to see a white dog in the cattails and snow. She is in there, in about the center of the picture:

She moves like a spectral being through the brush, heard when she is belled, a ghost when she is not, as was the case, today. We went about four miles through the open spaces area near my home. We saw one hawk, on the wing, and, likely hungry, a robin, and a nuthatch. The robins that attempt the winter are not the fearless birds of summer, too many things here are trying to eat them this time of year.

We had fun:

Yes, that is ice, frozen in our facial hair. A true Minnesota-in-January fashion statement.

Hope you guys are well.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only -23 here.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just parroted what the weather channel said, have no idea what it was actually, but, the good news was, the wind was down from last night. Maybe 5-10 mph when we were out, tolerable for man and beast for the 4-5 miles we walked.

Supposed to be 40 above on Saturday.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

For some years now, the Pacific storms that normally go West to East across Oregon have been deflected North along the coast up into Canada and then curve down into the Plains drawing the very cold from the far North. As a result, today was sunny in the 50's with one day this last week in the 60's. Nights near normal in the 20's so the fire wood gets used. Mountain snow level down but may go up as late snows have been common the last number of years.
Sorry you all are suffering. That has to be miserable. Spring WILL come. Enjoy your fires...don't get your reloading supplies too close.
Global warming is a [censored].

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Only -23 here.

Poor baby, your tears must be frozen to your cheeks.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yup, those storms occasionally detour. Been going on, for what, the last 35,000 years or so?
It got cold when I was a kid. It got cold when my Dad was a kid. The Dakota of a few centuries past had a name for it, which, translated, roughly, to Moon of the popping trees. Heard it last night, same as they heard it 500 years ago.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Minus 31 overnight Monday to Tuesday, minus 28C this AM in Saskatoon, just another winter day.
Warming a bit, but the promised snow has not materialized. At least it is freezing the garden pests. Hopefully we don't lose many perennials with so little snow cover.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We get the curve from Chicago's "Windy City" blasts-- and Lake effect snow as well-- colder than a Mother-In-Law's kiss- river frozen over, so the "bonus" late season on geese is "Gone With The Wind" I guess-- so, I've been re-organizing my supply of misc gun parts, downstairs next to the furnace in my workshop-man cave.

But- we haven't lost electrical power (Thanks for that), both vehicles start up, as does my 10HP snowblower, and the garage door opener works too- and the County plow has been through each day, clearing off the drifted snow-- Maybe 42 on Sunday- but a chance of rain- rather have snow, but no -40 wind chills, thank you all the same.

Yes- Spring will come-- not soon enough for me-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We always said colder than the tits on a brass monkey. But, only for really special cold, like the last few days.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

-39C here in Winnipeg yesterday morning, this morning and supposedly tomorrow morning. When you couple that with a 40 mph wind like we had yesterday, I ain't going walking!

Last edited by gunsaholic; 01/30/19 09:59 PM.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.