May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Tim in PA, GeorgeGibbs505, mark, Stanton Hillis), 278 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,546
Posts546,129
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've never had a bad experience travelling in Europe while visiting the whole gamut of gun stores. I said to my wife, Is it because we're old? She said, no, it's because we're polite.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan- The same thing is often said an out upscale car dealers.

In sales there is a gambit called “negging”, wherein the prospect comes to see themselves as unworthy, and consequently comes to want “it” 10x more.
I sometimes wonder if we do that to ourselves.

I am worthy of an Aston Martin DB12v
No negging required.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"If you can walk with Kings and Consorts, and not lose the common touch- If you care about things that matter, but not let them matter too much"--

True story- years ago, when you could buy Irish Sweepstakes tickets- a "sand-hog" hit it big- walked into a Cadillac showroom, where a distant relative of mine was Sales Mgr-- In his work Carhartt/Dickies/Red Wing attire, dirty and disheveled, but with the confirmed winning ticket tucked into the bib of his coveralls-
A rookie said-- "Watch me give this bum the old bum's rush- can't have him dirtying up the showroom, can we?" Grand-dad Hermann told the rookie to stay back, he would handle this situation. Long story short, Gramps. sold him a new Caddy coupe, and the next day, a bit cleaned up, he brought in his wife and bought her a new Caddy convertible- paid in cash- my Grandpa got a nice commission.

Never judge a book by its cover- words of wisdom indeed.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/20/19 04:51 PM. Reason: It was my grandpa, not my uncle

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

FWIW Fox,
Cadillac has nigh unlimited manufacturing abilities, and aren’t an exclusive brand.
Anyone can get all they can afford, dirt and all. At any time.
Their new SUV is beautiful.

I think that anecdote is purely an American imaginary tale that circles around endlessly.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for reminding me, ....Fox....

IF—

BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
FWIW Fox,
Cadillac has nigh unlimited manufacturing abilities, and aren’t an exclusive brand.
Anyone can get all they can afford, dirt and all. At any time.
Their new SUV is beautiful.

I think that anecdote is purely an American imaginary tale that circles around endlessly.

I must have been dreaming all the times I saw it happen to my dad.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's NOT a "yarn" Oh Zapp-meister of the Clapper Rails- It happened at Pemberton Cadillac, in downtown Toledo, Ohio- in the mid- 1950's. The sandhog was working in the area of Lake Erie where the Cedar Point Park complex is now located- aprox. Sandusky area. Charlie Baither was the young "rookie" my Grandfather P.H. Waid "guided" through this event.

My grandfather died in Nov. 1968, while I was on active duty with the USMC- I must have been about 10-11 years old when he told it to me. I still have his 12 Gauge L.C. Smith, and a Stevens Single shot .22 he gave me on my 10th birthday-

Here's the story you might be thinking of-FWIW.. A Italian construction worker wins the Lottery- his pockets full of cash money, he walks into a fancy car dealer ship-and starts looking around-- The sales manager walks over, asks him if he wanted to buy a new car that day-- "Yeah, sure, I'm a buy-ah da new obe- How mucha dese yellow one costa"?? Well sir, that model is $27,500- how were you wanting to pay for it- we do have GMAC financing available!" Ok- but Ima gonna pay in cash- how much it costa den?"-- Oh, well, in that case, we'll give you a discount- just walk over to the cashier's window and tell Marie that you are a cash customer, and she'll figure it out for you."

So he walks over to the cashier's area, and there's Marie- a "doppenganger" for Sophia Loren-- low cut blouse and all- "'excusa me, but dat man say I getta discount for paying cash- what is dese discount anyway?" -- "Well, Sir, Marie replied, with a big smile, a discount is something we take off when you pay in cash. Capishe?''

Mama Mia- he says- so, yyou tella me how mucha you take offa for 27 tousand dollar?' "Well, Sir- she replied- would my earings get in your way???"

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/21/19 06:22 PM. Reason: shorten

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I've never had a bad experience travelling in Europe while visiting the whole gamut of gun stores. I said to my wife, Is it because we're old? She said, no, it's because we're polite.

King, do you still think it is polite to post all of your anti-2nd Amendment, anti-gun, and anti-NRA rhetoric here on an American shotgun enthusiast's forum... along with your support for the most extreme anti-gun politicians such as Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton???

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don’t think Zapper meant any disrespect, Fox.

Glad you’re back.

Here ya go...

Sidelock
Sidelock

None taken, Lonesome roads-- My Uncle Herman, who lived in Louisville, was also a bit of a "raccoon-tuner" he even resembled W.C. Fields-- I was 10 when my Grandpa P. Herman Waid told me that story that happened while he was used car Sales Mgr. at Pemberton Cadillac in downtown Toledo--

Now my Uncle Herman left me his custom 21 ounce two-piece pool cue, and a pocket watch and a Morgan Silver Dollar- all of which I have yet today.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/21/19 06:21 PM. Reason: shorten

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.