March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Southern Sport, Borderbill, damascus, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#531140 12/14/18 03:27 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anybody heard from Dennis Earl? I have tried to call him several times and am not getting an answer. I know he had a terrible summer between the fires and family health issues; And consequently backed up even more than usual.tnx,Gil

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I talked with him a few months ago. He posted here recently.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hope all is well, he is a fine man.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

GOOD NEWS!!
I just got off the phone with DES and all is well.
Gil's project is in the shop
YEEEEEE HAWWWW
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for the kind words all! Show season is just days from starting for me Needless to say I have been busy getting things ready to ship to DSC in Dallas. I am also attempting to remove the backlog created by illness last year and the fire season that had me pack up twice all of my clients projects. IF you call and you do not get me....leave me a message! I make a point of returning all calls I find on my phone log.....even Gil's smile

For what it is worth....cell phone reception can be interrupted in my area by the slightest thing. Even land line service is interrupted by the weather because all of it goes over microwave towers to my area. I may also be contacted by an email or a text. I try very hard to answer everyone in a timely manner.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dennis, I can appreciate your comment about poor cell phone service. I lived with that for many years here, but remedied it last spring. I had a signal booster installed that literally worked wonders. I went from not being able to use a cell phone anywhere in my home except standing at one window, in one corner of the house, to having 4G service and having plenty signal strength all over the house, in a couple of hours. I had a Wilson WE Boost installed, and it worked so well for the last 6 months that I called AT & T and discontinued my landline service last month. One tip ............. the higher you get the outside antenna the better it will work. Cell phone signals are "line of sight".

Here's what I got:

https://www.weboost.com/products/connect-4g

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you Stan. Living in a valley. the signal is over 1500 feet higher in their "line of sight". Also the tower is 7.5 miles away. I have been looking at boosters, as both phone companies say they are not interested in increasing signal strength into the valley due to "lack of profitability."

The companies offered several different booter models and makes but all start at $300 and go up. I really hate paying their rates and then have to pony up more money just to use the system at home/shop. I do not have this problem outside my valley.....usually. I will investigate your information though.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are expensive, Dennis, but they work well. I justified it for my business, and also by being able to now save about $60/mo. in landline bills. It had gotten so aggravating with telemarketers it wasn't worth having anyway.

Merry CHRISTmas, SRH

OBTW, the nearest tower to me is about 10 miles away. The outside antenna for the booster is directional. When you get it as high as you can you just point it toward the nearest tower.

Last edited by Stan; 12/15/18 06:42 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

'fraid Dennis Earl is terrain-challenged compared to SE Jawja farmland, Stan.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A bit off topic, but I've had good luck with a weboost car signal booster. Easy to hook up and use, way less cell phone dead spots out in the middle of nowhere. It was about two hundred dollars for the model I got, and for me, worth every penny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.