April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Karl Graebner, Tim in PA, FlyChamps, Jimmy W, NCTarheel), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
He obviously is carrying an agenda.

No agenda, just calling 'em like I see 'em. The 2nd gen. 12 ga. Red Label was a vast improvement over the first, but it died soon after introduction. I like Ruger guns, but if you ever held an original 12 ga. Red label, you know what I'm talking about. VERY nose heavy due to overly thick barrels to accommodate their choke tubes, gaps in wood-to-metal and metal-to metal fit, horribly mis-matched wood, crunchy and heavy triggers, unreliable mechanically.

The best Red Label by far was the first run 20 ga. with the blued receiver and no choke tubes.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 12/11/18 01:21 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My BIL has an early 12. He loves it. Me? Meh.
While some others might vociferously disagree, I see no reason to not "call them like you see (handle or own) them."

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
The best Red Label by far was the first run 20 ga. with the blued receiver and no choke tubes.

I also have one of those, 20 ga, 26", IC/Mod. Great chunk of wood on that one. I think the best Red Label is the 28 ga/28". Have one of those, too. I am guilty of liking Rugers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
The 1984 Olympic Gold Medal was won with one, shot by Matt Dryke.

I watched Matt speed shoot a round of Skeet riding on a unicycle once. Shot the entire round in less than two minutes. Went straight. Might be a video of it on YouTube. One heck of a shooter. Back many years ago, the service branches had several great shooting teams in clay target as well as what most people think of as marksmanship disciplines.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw John Michael Morris, of S. Carolina, shoot a round of skeet straight (25 X 25) from the hip in 60 seconds flat, timed with a stopwatch. He then shot a round of skeet, straight, from a bicycle shooting with one hand from the hip, as he steered the bike with the other.

I saw Tom Knapps former partner and now Benelli exhibition shooter, Tim Bradley, perform in Savannah a couple years ago. John Michael is so much better than Bradley he makes him look like a rank amateur.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's two guys at my club who shoot Rugers. I've looked at both, not sure what gen. they are, but both have good wood to metal fit and decent wood. Ya, they look a little different, but nothing I find offensive.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
I saw John Michael Morris, of S. Carolina, shoot a round of skeet straight (25 X 25) from the hip in 60 seconds flat, timed with a stopwatch.

Some of the guys at my club struggle with shooting a high/low pair in 60 seconds......... laugh

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Off topic, but regarding Ruger RLs.....when I first got into double guns (early 1990s), I remember fawning over a Ruger RL 20 gauge at a now defunct sporting goods store in Wichita. Rustys? Anyway...I thought it was gorgeous. Truth be known...I still like them. Ive never owned one, but I would. I thought it was a nicer gun than the Citoris, Berettas, etc that Id asked the to see. When Id stop into that store to pick up reloading supplies, I would always ask the salesman if I could hold that Ruger RL. I couldnt afford it (E-5 didnt make as much as they do now), the salesman knew it too, but he didnt seem to mind letting me dream.
I do know quite a few people that do or have owned them. Ive never really heard a complaint other than reading on a few bbss about issues with barrel regulation. All the ones Ive seen in action have worked as they should. If I ever get a hankering for a 28 gauge, itll be a RL.

And just to stay on topic....I still love my 3200. Took just a few limits of greenheads with it this season and I love taking it to the clays course too. And as to why they dont make them anymore....bean counters. Thats it. Other guns can be made much much cheaper than the extremely well built 3200. And ya....theyre that good EEB.

People just need to understand that the 3200 is not an ideal rough or walk up hunting gun. With that said, if I was doing a typical push & block type hunt for pheasants, damn straight Id block with my 3200. Clays, Doves, pigeons, waterfowling...the 3200 shines.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well stated re the 3200, LeFusil. The Remington 3200 was and always will be one of the world's great over/unders. It's not for everything, but neither is any other shotgun.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have two 28 28s which I use to break in new shooters. I almost had to tell my son to breakup with my future daughter in law. She liked one so much she just did not want to give it back. Also have a 30 20 which does well on Sporting Clays. Son has a 30 12 that works well for him. Our total number of problems with all these guns is zero. Load them, shoot them. About as simple as it gets.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.