Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
#527618 11/03/18 09:19 AM
DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The degradation of Drew's post about picture posting into a political free for all is the last straw for me. You can check out the donor's lists and see that I have contributed every year for at least 10 years. No More.

Dave is making a profit on this forum. At least he could moderate to the extent that informative posts aren't constantly turned into political BS by the same half dozen malcontents.

If you are a regular donor please join with me in a boycott until he addresses the issue.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm curious Bob. Who exactly are you referring to when you say the "same half dozen malcontents" and what would you propose Dave do that "addresses the issue"?

You are calling for a boycott. Please be specific about the action that boycott is designed to instigate.

Last edited by canvasback; 11/03/18 09:40 AM. Reason: Grammer

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DrBob
The degradation of Drew's post about picture posting into a political free for all is the last straw for me. You can check out the donor's lists and see that I have contributed every year for at least 10 years. No More.

Dave is making a profit on this forum. At least he could moderate to the extent that informative posts aren't constantly turned into political BS by the same half dozen malcontents.

If you are a regular donor please join with me in a boycott until he addresses the issue.

Are you by chance related to Sara Lefever?

DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't wish to name any individuals as I know where that will end up.
Lets just say that if you take a post off topic with some personal or political diatribe against a poster you are warned the first time, banned for some arbitrary period the second time, and permanently banned the third time.
Now I will hear about how I want to ban freedom of speech. No, you can say whatever you want. However, I am not going to pay to hear it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr. bOb...I just made a donation for all the whiners.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Boycotts are sometimes necessary but this isn't the case here. All that's required is a simple declaration from Dave that politics and degrading comment is not permissible. It works on other forums I attend. "Keep it clean" isn't enough where mean and dirty reigns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I made a suggestion to Dave a few months ago that could fix the problem by allowing the thread readers to rate comments and essentially lock certain posters out of specific threads for going off topic. But he said it wasnt feasible due to either forum technology limitations, or development costs.

I understand Dave's reluctance to interject himself into a 1st Amendment debate. And I think he thought he was helping the situation by shelving "Misfires." But all it really did was move the personal politics into every other thread.

To me this isnt about free speech...it's about relevance, and staying ON THREAD TOPIC or having the self control to NOT needlessly interject other stuff.

This forum has degraded from its intended purpose, and the user base -- and Dave -- have a right to yank the microphone away from anyone who is repeatedly incapable of STAYING ON TOPIC.

If someone is rude I think one has the right to defend themselves, but if people STAY ON TOPIC it's much less likely that it will get rude.

Otherwise, what's the point? It's no longer about doubleguns...

NDG

DrBob Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Are you by chance related to Sara Lefever? [/quote]

Yes, but please do not blame her as she had no choice in the matter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Non-moderated forums are not for everyone...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just sent money to Dave.

And BTW...how do you know if hes making a profit off of this website???? You go through his books? Talk to his accountant? Know something we dont?

You dont like it here, hit the bricks and quit free loading and being a [censored]. . You always have that option. Posting on a forum, asking for a boycott of donations to the forum owner, that should have you scrubs permanently banned.

If Keith accepted donations, Id happily donate to him as well.... just to keep calling out the posers and fags. Itd be worth every penny.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.