Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, mine came back 1/1024 Democrat. Very embarrassed until I remembered in my youth a Democrats were normal people, not screaming protesters seeing that one who accepts God is guilty of a hate crime.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yup, can o worms. Gonna have to reprint all manner of forms to have just a male and female choice, no cheating under penalty of big bro.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
I don't think DNA was taken in the civil war, George, or even in the Vietnam area. Best they could get was blood type and finger prints for us. DNA identification for military evolved in the first Gulf War.

Doing a quick search, it would appear that the above is the correct answer: DNA samples weren't collected before 1991. If you served subsequent to that time, DNA was supposed to be collected upon enlistment, reenlistment, or prior to deployment. Bot Active and Reserve. I was in the Army Reserve until 1998. But as an officer, I neither enlisted nor reenlisted during that period. My unit was alerted for Bosnia, but we didn't go and never began actual preparation for deployment. So it looks like they missed me.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I first started practicing law, one tool in establishing paternity, or more accurately, lack of paternity was done by blood testing. This would rule out paternity, but not establish. Later in the 1970s, the main tool in establishing paternity (or lack thereof) was the HLA (Human leukocyte antigen) test which could rule out paternity and narrow down likelihood of paternity when the simple blood typing analysis broke down and couldn't rule out paternity. HLA testing is done today in organ transplant suitability. In the 80s, DNA analysis began developing and has progressively gotten better over the years as more and more alleles could be compared. I defended a rape case involving a 1 and 600 quadrillion analysis that established the frequency of the tested alleles of dna in the general population compared against his and that found near the victim's cervix. Here's the image of a quadrillion pennies stacked in space.
https://www.google.com/search?q=quadrill...280&bih=579

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My daughter gave me a 23andme test for Xmas last year. No surprises, except that I was grievously disappointed to learn that my family has little Neanderthal DNA. I have always considered them the most extraordinarily accomplished members of the human lineage, surviving for 300,000 years in an ice age by hunting very large dangerous mammals. And then we came along and ate them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto from my daughter last Christmas. I was looking for family-acknowledged indigenous connection of the last 100-plus years. We have photos of generations back to native costumes. Not there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't be so paranoid. It is the future.
Your ills will be treated at the gene level. Some, prenatally.
You'll never see another deaf kid, or one with Down's Syndrome.
No more dwarfs. No Huntington's, no PKU's, no Tay Sachs, etc.

Your progeny will be perfected, the resistance is futile.

FWIW, Your culture is impressed on you, your genes are facts.

Don't be afraid of facts.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
That said, the placenta that followed my child out of others womb had a bunch of testing done and products harvested from it, including stem cells. Id bet they could duplicate the kid with it, if they tried. The doctor made it sound so important, I asked what it was worth to him.
He didnt offer anything.

Best,
Ted

Ted you shoulda tried Planned Parenthood. You have to go to where the market is...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 10/28/18 12:23 PM. Reason: added quote
Sidelock
Sidelock

Likely I was such an exemplary soldier they just wanted to clone me?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

1 to 1 1/2 percent Neanderthal is quite common with European backgrounds. Both my wife [German] and I [Sweden] showed a similar percentage of Neanderthal. Some authorities say the Neanderthal was more intelligent than [censored] Sapiens, but due to an unfortunate chromosome characteristic, the Neanderthal's birth rate became lower than its death rate. Many thousands of years later, the Neanderthal was gone with only cross breeding traces in [censored] Sapiens to show for their efforts. ---------------Well, I did not write Censored, what a silly thing.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 10/28/18 01:00 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.