May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, Replacement, old colonel, Jtplumb, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 286 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,340
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 52 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 51 52
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, sustainability. And your last sentence first: Agree absolutely. I broke with provincial NDP until it comes to its senses on finance, and federally until the leader comes clean on racial ambiguity and appearances of anti-semitism.

Scandinavia---and everywhere else--is living on borrowed time/money. US bungling tipped the world on its ass in 2008, and the world with US leadership pulled through. Canada's regulatory regime allowed us to do best of the G7

Trade wars aren't sustainable for anyone, either. I have a notion they may be hurting US the most, and that's misery for Canada with economies joined like Siamese twins. I'm an optimist. We've been through worse than this.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
....The total cost including air fare to and from Canada, the surgery, and hospital bill was $3k. He said the hospital was like a hotel and the food was outstanding. Gil

I'd have two, I think, reasonable questions. First, did paying cash move him ahead of Canadians who're subject to a waiting list? And second, are the amenities costing medical services and supplies? There're Americans who risk life and limb to save a buck or two in Mexican health clinics, I think your buddy chose wisely for his situation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gil, the principal difference between here and there, as far as I'm concerned, is that I've never heard a citizen complain of their taxes being used for others needing medical assistance. It doesn't happen. I'm happy to pay it, hoping that I won't need it. Our health system, far from what Canadians would prefer because of rising costs of treatments, is considering advantages of the French private-public system. Overall, many Canadians think our health system is what distinguishes us from Americans. I wouldn't go that far!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Trade wars aren't sustainable for anyone, either. I have a notion they may be hurting US the most....

What trade wars are you referring to?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Trade wars aren't sustainable for anyone, either. I have a notion they may be hurting US the most....

What trade wars are you referring to?

I think hes still smarting over how Lighthizer roughed up that Ukrainian chick he was bragging about.

No Leafs fans I guess. No hockey tonight either. Bummer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, a Kentucky friend with a summer home and salmon camp here told me she paid $5,000 for surgery at the local hospital that would have cost her $50,000 at home. Seriousness of the accident put her at top of the list, not cash.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

So, Canadians are not only paying their hospital bills with taxes, they're subsidizing Americans who come there for surgery, too?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

With Canada and China, for starters. The president saying he didn't like the Ukrainian chick raised her position significantly. We knew she was doing a good job, supported by our opposition parties, but getting under the president's skin was a dividend. Maybe enough to be future PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doesnt take much to be PM in Canada I guess. But Sunny Boy proved that.
Just keep selling your sludge oil to the Cinese, King. Yall will be fine. Better get that pipeline built though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, Americans in trouble pay for services with cash, Canadians pay through their taxes. I've never had a bill. I live 12 miles from the hospital, last week had a scan and blood work, total time driving in and out, parking, services, was one hour and 45 minutes. It doesn't happen that way all of the time but jig-time and no bill. We know it's not free; it comes from our taxes.

Page 46 of 52 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.