April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (buckstix, Jimmy W, barrel browner, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 409 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,201
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey bub...I think you started it when you pimped' my Benelli in the junk cleaning rod thread...my Benelli had nothing to do with that thread.

Stan are you getting that senile ?

Ps...you can have your wittle Yiltz and I'll have my bad azz Benellis...and if someone asks about a gun I'll give my opinion wither you like it or not. This is America last time I checked.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will add this to this conversation. Understand I am not down-talking to any member here on this forum in this. You can, however, look at my number of posts & quickly see that I am not an "Idle" member, but run my mouth a lot. On one occasion several years ago there were no posts for 2-3 weeks which I responded to. Of ALL, the members of this forum "ONE" sent me a PM checking to see if I was OK. As I said, I am not condemning anyone for not doing so, have never done likewise myself. BUT does anyone want to take a wild Guess as to just Who that thoughtful member was?

"IF," you said Joe, pat yourself on the back, you are 100% correct, No-one But Joe. Say what you want, He's a gentleman in my book.

I may not agree with him 100% but then there is not a single poster here that I agree with 100% of the time, including ME.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
keith #524879 10/03/18 11:17 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith I bet he doesn't remember when I posted pics of my 1879 Purdey hammer 10 with seamlessly sleaved and reproofed barrels...ol Teddy bOy started knocking it because the dummy saw the 12 ga. gauge mates in it and thought that had something to do with the sleaving job.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mr. Miller you have been one of the few people that always added knowledge to anything you commented on...

There's a few know it alls and liberals on here that I'd have a good drink of whiskey to celebrate their leaving.

jmc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, Im curious - was that snake killed for meat, fear, superstition? When I was a boy growing up in the Tidewater part of Virginia along the James where peanuts were farmed amongst other crop in the mid 70s,, we had copperheads (and some say cottonmouths) and several other non venomous species in good supply... was told never to kill a snake by a farmer friend and neighbor of the family unless rain was needed for the fields... if it was drought, the fhe first snake - venomous, or just a big old black snake was needed to be hung on the field fence to bring the rain... I remember being tasked with hanging around the corn crib one early July day while my father went with the farmer to pick out a hog for the pit which would be the center of the 4th oJuly spread... Pretty sure I was handed an old Colt .22 six shooter loaded with rat shot and an RC Cola and I got the job done.. One black snake to hang on the fence and it poured rain the entire 4th weekend. As I recall from stories, my father and the other men got to cooking that pig under tarps to keep dry and the fire going, while consuming enough Budweiser and brown liquor to subsequently roll a Jeep in that same field on that dark rainy night. Had to send a couple olboys to the hospital with a few broken bones.. Needless to say, I also learned to roast a pig later that weekend and to this day dont kill snakes or run farmers wet fields in my truck.. Funny what one remembers and not... Anyhow, sorry to hijack this thread and interfere with the OPs agenda.

Best,
jmc

jmc #524885 10/03/18 11:49 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You didn't grow up around Salem did you ?

Just kidding interesting story...most farmers I knew would've beat you if you killed a black snake around the barn.

Sidelock
Sidelock

jmc, I let all snakes have a pass unless they are a rattler, moccasin or copperhead, and are near where we live or work. That one was killed as I was just leaving the hosts dove field. He would've been upset with me if I hadn't. I've let some mighty big ones crawl on when I see them away from living or work areas. We have a huge rat snake that hangs around the house here from time to time. Even my wife finally learned that every snake isn't a rattler, and let's them go on about their business of catching rats. However, she called me about four years ago late one morning and asked if I was close to the house. I was close and she said to come quick, there was a rattler on the patio. I drove up and she was standing watching him afraid to shoot because of the proximity to the house and damage to the pavers. I killed it with a boat paddle I had in the back of my truck. She and the little yorkie had walked within a foot of him as he lay under the patio table.

So, it's an individual call on each one. Never heard any old tales about a black snake bringing rain, but did hear an old wives tale that shooting a snake with a shotgun will "shackle" the gun, and shooting at something too far will, too.

A local friend of mine got bitten about a month ago. He's still recovering. Lots of big long tails around here. Peanut fields during the summer are very attractive to mice and rats, and rattlers because of them. We have to be very careful where we walk and put our hands until after the nuts are combined.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Hey bub...I think you started it when you pimped' my Benelli in the junk cleaning rod thread...my Benelli had nothing to do with that thread.

Stan are you getting that senile ?

Ps...you can have your wittle Yiltz and I'll have my bad azz Benellis...and if someone asks about a gun I'll give my opinion wither you like it or not. This is America last time I checked.

Guess you missed this Stanley...

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, I read it Frank., I just don't see any sense in throwing good money after bad. My mistake for ever cracking a joke about your bEnellis. You can dish it out, but it sure must taste bad when it comes back around.

And, it's Stanton, just to be precise.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I can take a joke Stan...and taste just fine. cool

Your personal dissection of me proves you can't.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.