April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lloyd3, Roundsworth, Marks_21, SKB, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 496 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,095
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 52 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 51 52
Sidelock
Sidelock

"You can read about them for yourself if the truth interests you."

The truth interests any thinking person, but can be hard to find. And yes, I too have tried to find it, in many sources.
Once again, I believe the truth that Dr Ford believes is not, and Julie Swetnick's is most certainly not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, My hope is that the FBI can get to the truth here. I'm a bit shocked too to learn of your allegiance with our President though perhaps I can guess the issue that puts you there. I'm not a conventionally religious person but was raised in a Baptist Sunday school. I'm confident Christ would have no truck with Donald Trump.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Come on Bill

A.W. Tozer (1897-1963) "The Set of the Sail", a collection of editorials written while editor of Alliance Life Magazine in the 1950s
It is Satan's wiliest stratagem to use our virtues against us, and this he often does with astonishing success. By means of temptation to sin he strikes at our personal lives; by working through our virtues he gets at the whole community of believers and unfits it for its own defense. A parallel to Satan's technique may be seen in the activities of certain subversive political groups who use the Constitution of the United States as a shield while they work to destroy that Constitution. By unctuous pleading for the right of free speech they seek to destroy all freedom of speech. By talking piously about government by law they push our country toward the place where there will be government by dictatorship and all laws will mean what a ruling clique of base, cynical men want them to mean. So diabolical is this method that one can only conclude that those who use it learned it from their father the devil, whose they are and whom they serve.

A.W. Tozer "The Next Chapter After the Last"
One thing must be kept in mind: We Christians are Christians first and everything else after that. Our first allegiance is to the kingdom of God. Our citizenship is in heaven. We are grateful for political freedom. We thank God for democracy as a way of life. But we never forget that we are sons of God and citizens of another city whose builder and maker is God. For this reason, we must not identify the gospel with any political system or make Christianity to be synonymous with any form of government, however noble. Christ stands alone, above and outside of every ideology devised by man. He does not join any of our parties or take sides with any of our great men except as they may come over on His side and try to follow Him in righteousness and true holiness. Then He is for them, but only as individuals, never as leaders of some political faction. The true Christian will be loyal to his country and obedient to those in authority, but he will never fall into the error of confusing his own national culture with Christianity. Christianity is bigger than any country, loftier than any civilization, broader than any human ideology.

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "A Knock at Midnight", June 11, 1967
The church must be reminded that it is not the master or the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of the state. It must be the guide and the critic of the state, and never its tool. If the church does not recapture its prophetic zeal, it will become an irrelevant social club without moral or spiritual authority.
(Which tragically much of what passes for Evangelical Christianity since the 2016 election has become.)

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Billy, I know where people get the idea that you are a Libtard. We get that idea directly from reading your posts.

I can't recall you ever once supporting a pro-gun Republican or Conservative anything. You have initiated threads such as "Republican Incompetence Caucus" and you are drawn like a rat to peanut butter when you see a chance to denigrate a Republican or Conservative.... just as you did here.

Like SKB, you claim to be fair and moderate, and willing to fairly judge both sides of an issue. But you frequently resort to outright lies in order to advance your Liberal dogma. And your Liberal bias is as evident as an erupting volcano.

It's interesting to see your disappointment with Drew and your apparent thoughts that Jesus would prefer Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton over Trump. I did not realize that Jesus supported things like late term abortion or selling parts of dead babies.

Some people may be foolish or dishonest enough to accept what you say. But I know we should not accept what you say. Rather, we should pay attention to what you do.

And the thing you do that galls me the most is thinking we should embrace you as a fellow gun enthusiast, when you repeatedly stab us in the back by supporting anti-gunners. But you Liberal Left Democrats believe your lies, so none of this means a thing to you.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, I agree that the church should be the conscience of the state, and if so it ought to oppose Trump at every turn. He has no conscience. He only has his ego. He is a con man. I didn't make any claim to knowing Jesus' political preference. I only know that he would have nothing to do with Donald Trump.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Trump....

....has no conscience. He only has his ego. He is a con man. I didn't make any claim to knowing Jesus' political preference. I only know that he would have nothing to do with Donald Trump.

Tisk, tisk, tisk, Bill.

Weren't you just lecturing the vast right wing conspiracy about only commenting about facts? Your facts sure seem to change like a living and breathing Constitution is supposed to, eh?

I can't speak for Jesus either Bill, but he is known to have room for all, right? But, when it comes to houses of worship, rev. wright is likely more than just fibbing about some affiliation with Christianity. Secular progressives will embrace any means for who knows what end, eh Bill?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Though I'm pegged here as a libtard, my political orientation varies with the issue. I'm liberal when that seems the best approach. I use these terms in their ordinary, not partisan, sense....

keith mentioned one of your favorite tactics is changing the subject, but we know better don't we? Our favorite rope a dope is playing the victim while claiming to be on some high road, huh?

I've never been in a voting booth with you, but I can say with clarity that your 'political orientation' story means absolutely nothing. It's who you vote for, and all the baggage, that matters. Maybe, one day you'll appreciate the value of the factual results of policy over feelings.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, perhaps you have evidence of a Presidential conscience the rest of the world is unaware of. If so, please fill us in. No conscience restrained him from bilking business partners. No conscience prevented his scamming the naive folks who enrolled in Trump University. Nothing held him back from a lifetime of philandering. I could go on at length, but I'll let you find as many more examples as you'd like. He's your man. Ps: If any of my examples of Trump's moral lapses are't factual, be sure to expose my error.

Bill Ferguson
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky man bill
Where does the notion come from that anyone who disagrees with you must be incapable of thinking for himself?

I don't need to speak for Drew, by any means, but here's my answer to that question, Bill. When you take editorial columns as facts, what are we to think? Editorial columns are the opinions of the editors. Period. They are no guarantee of truth or facts.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 09/30/18 07:27 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 23 of 52 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.