March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, Marc Ret, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 338 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,003
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have a Galazan gun case, their standard leather case that retails now for around $650 I think. Bought it about 10 years ago.

The little strap that wraps around the wrist of the gun to hold the action and stock in place has come loose. It was never stitched, only glued.

And suggestions for the best type of glue/some other way? to re-attach the strap?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've seen them secured with a screw or rivet, head covered with thin leather.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am interested in learning the best repair too, james. I have a Perazzi case that suffers from the same ailment. It was originally secured with a brass rivet, but it pulled off several years ago. I still have the strap, but to install a rivet now would mean it would have to penetrate the leather cover on the underside of the case, I think. I could send it to Kevin M., but would rather repair it myself if possible.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan, we are in agreement.....we are both trying not to put a screw through the case. LOL

I'm not sure of the right terminology, but the strap in my case that secures the wrist of the gun is held in place by another strap that was glued at both ends with just enough slack to slide the other strap through, so it would be held in place.

There typically doesn't need to be a lot of stress applied. I probably reefed on it too hard back when I was young and dumb.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just remembered that Kevin is most likely at the Vintage Cup this weekend. He may check in after he gets back home. I think I may take some pics of mine and email him for advice. He's refurbished a couple LOM cases for me, so maybe he won't think I'm trying to freeload. blush I just hate to ship it all the way there and back for such a small repair job.

I'll betcha there are others here that might know the best repair method, too.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For what its worth: I had a similar situation with a case I was relining for a Grant hgun. Here I had a little free space under the gun's wrist and, not wanting to 'bolt' through the leather wall and not having a thick wooden carcass to screw into, I solved the problem by gluing a baize covered wooden block to the case base and you can then stitch/screw/glue the hand strap to that. If there is no space UNDER the wrist, you could glue a block to either side of it and likewise attach the strap to those.
Hope this helps.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What I have done is make a small cut in the lining under where the wrist strap will be placed and insert a small piece of sheet metal, about 22 gauge and the size of a tunie (silver dollar) the metal was pre drilled and a brass screw put through it. Then the lining is glued down. I have used a glue gun and 3M 77 Super adhesive The glue gun works best. The strap is then screwed on. I then have lined the strap with sheeps wool cut from an old coat to cover the nut

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.