May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (trw999), 669 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,607
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was here 18 years ago. I joined the old board about the year 2000 or maybe a bit earlier. It's been a nice place to visit that I read every day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was here 18 years ago and somewhat before that.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

I been here a long time. I remember the good ole boys. Now we have a bunch of haters.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
I been here a long time. I remember the good ole boys. Now we have a bunch of haters.

The hate was there in the beginning, it was just anonymous at the beginning. I logged in a day or two after the big change, and had been here, posting with my real name, for years before that.
I still post with my real name.

Best,
Ted

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the positive update on your daughter and kind remarks. Easy to lose sight of the time that passes, sometimes. Will pray that her life continues to bloom and y'all's too.

This board has been and continues to be comprised of 'passionate' as well as 'opinionated' individuals, many of whom are well versed in specific areas and perfectly willing to share an insight or assist another when they can; been that way from the get go. Have made some lasting friendships and acquaintances because of its existence over the years that would never have been possible otherwise. Sorely miss many of those now passed, inclusive of one that told me I was an 'idjit' for suggesting once that an individual who was prematurely wringing their hands over a recent purchase to 'just go shoot it at some skeet targets and see whether you can hit anything with it or not,' rather than patterning it first. I still think it was a reasonable enough and easily accomplished suggestion. Ha!

Personally, I value this place highly and have benefitted from its existence.. for a long while now; fairly close to right out of the gate on the original site, but lost that sequential low digit member# when the domain change took place.

And I'll continue to support it so that others might benefit as much as I have.

kind regards, tw

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Our little girl at six days old. A few hours after her second surgery. (Camera used floppy discs!)

Our little girl and her old man went to Warped Tour this summer. We had a great time!

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Congrats dad, many more great times to come. One of my daughter's has dragged me out to a concert or two. People get scattered around, but my wife and I are looking forward to visiting with two of ours this weekend.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Congrats dad, many more great times to come. One of my daughter's has dragged me out to a concert or two. People get scattered around, but my wife and I are looking forward to visiting with two of ours this weekend.

No dragging required.
We find ourselves sharing our musical tastes. She drove with me to an auction last weekend (Took the car and visited grandma while I was at auction.)

We spent a good bit of the drive with Five Finger Death Punch turned up loud. laugh
When mom or sister are in the car, it is sedate and boring. wink

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner
Apologies for the delay in replying!
Away from my computer and the saved passwords. Tried every password I could remember on my phone and tablet but no joy.

Originally Posted By: Pete
I love happy endings!
Actually, I've been here a lot longer than 18 years, but that is when the format changed, and the older stuff is no longer with us. I really miss some of our early posters who are in heavenly pastures.

Well done, Dave!

Pete,
My wife and I worked it out last night. It has been 20 years since my son and I visited your home. I still have the Scott/Lindner Premier. Did have it renovated (not a full restoration) by some of the craftsmen I met though this website. Have also since learned the skills to do such work myself.
Originally Posted By: Stan
Wonderful update, Mike. So happy for your daughter.
How long has it been since you hooked me up with the 32" L C Smith 0 grade, 10 ga.? I'll bet it's been over 18 years.
SRH

Stan,
That has to be 15+ years. It has been 15 years since I left the employer I was working for at the time. So it could easily be 18.

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Mike I am happy to know how well things worked out. I don't remember your original thread but I was probably around. Weren't you posting as Marksman then?...Geo

Geo.
Yes, Marksman was my handle at the time. The software requires that I still use it to log in, though my username displays as Utah Shotgunner. I started using that name, as I thought I would never leave Utah (and would return yesterday!). Of course, as soon as I made the change, we packed up and moved east.

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
I was here. Wonderful report, Mike. Hope youre here a lot longer.

Back at you Joe.

Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
I registered on this version of this board 12/31/2001, but I seem to remember an earlier version of the board that I was also a member on? Some of you old timers help me out here. Am I dreaming or was there an earlier version of this board? I have many fond memories of Der Klunkmeister, Dr. Gaddy, Bill Wise.....the list goes on - too far I might add. These I have named were the cornerstones of this board as far as I was concerned. I still miss their contributions.

Perry,
Yep, there was earlier version. It think I first found Gunshop.com in mid to late 97. Just before I left Arizona for my move to Utah.
As Stan mentioned above. I remember a phone call with you. I was driving past the Kennecott Copper Mine, headed to a customer site in Nevada. Dont recall what we were discussing (shotgun related Im sure) but clearly remember the call.

Good grief US, I too (now) remember the call!! And that is an accomplishment since I do not remember what I had for dinner last night! I think it was about either a gun you had posted about or a piece of gear that you were using that I saw in some picture of you that you had posted??? Seems like ages ago. Well of course it does because it was!!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just saw your pictures US. You have a lot to be thankful for. That "little girl" has grown to be quite a beautiful young lady that I am absolutely sure you are justifiably proud of!! Treasure every moment you can spend with her!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.