April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (fullandfuller, 1 invisible), 1,074 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

my...how time do fly...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was here. Wonderful report, Mike. Hope youre here a lot longer.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think this might have been the first bulletin board I visited. Either that or maybe the old alloutdoors board. We've lost some good people, but it's still a great place. You can ask pretty darned obscure questions about doubles and be almost certain of getting an answer. Or, where it's a case of opinion vs fact, a bunch of answers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I registered on this version of this board 12/31/2001, but I seem to remember an earlier version of the board that I was also a member on? Some of you old timers help me out here. Am I dreaming or was there an earlier version of this board? I have many fond memories of Der Klunkmeister, Dr. Gaddy, Bill Wise.....the list goes on - too far I might add. These I have named were the cornerstones of this board as far as I was concerned. I still miss their contributions.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Apologies for the delay in replying!
Away from my computer and the saved passwords. Tried every password I could remember on my phone and tablet but no joy.

Originally Posted By: Pete
I love happy endings!
Actually, I've been here a lot longer than 18 years, but that is when the format changed, and the older stuff is no longer with us. I really miss some of our early posters who are in heavenly pastures.

Well done, Dave!

Pete,
My wife and I worked it out last night. It has been 20 years since my son and I visited your home. I still have the Scott/Lindner Premier. Did have it renovated (not a full restoration) by some of the craftsmen I met though this website. Have also since learned the skills to do such work myself.
Originally Posted By: Stan
Wonderful update, Mike. So happy for your daughter.
How long has it been since you hooked me up with the 32" L C Smith 0 grade, 10 ga.? I'll bet it's been over 18 years.
SRH

Stan,
That has to be 15+ years. It has been 15 years since I left the employer I was working for at the time. So it could easily be 18.

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Mike I am happy to know how well things worked out. I don't remember your original thread but I was probably around. Weren't you posting as Marksman then?...Geo

Geo.
Yes, Marksman was my handle at the time. The software requires that I still use it to log in, though my username displays as Utah Shotgunner. I started using that name, as I thought I would never leave Utah (and would return yesterday!). Of course, as soon as I made the change, we packed up and moved east.

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
I was here. Wonderful report, Mike. Hope youre here a lot longer.

Back at you Joe.

Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
I registered on this version of this board 12/31/2001, but I seem to remember an earlier version of the board that I was also a member on? Some of you old timers help me out here. Am I dreaming or was there an earlier version of this board? I have many fond memories of Der Klunkmeister, Dr. Gaddy, Bill Wise.....the list goes on - too far I might add. These I have named were the cornerstones of this board as far as I was concerned. I still miss their contributions.

Perry,
Yep, there was earlier version. It think I first found Gunshop.com in mid to late 97. Just before I left Arizona for my move to Utah.
As Stan mentioned above. I remember a phone call with you. I was driving past the Kennecott Copper Mine, headed to a customer site in Nevada. Dont recall what we were discussing (shotgun related Im sure) but clearly remember the call.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll always remember that big old Elsie with fondness, Mike. I took ducks with it on the L'Anguille River in Arkansas, with hand loaded 2 7/8" bismuth, but more importantly I may not have been able trade into this 16 ga. 32" barreled Elsie if I had not had the big 0 grade as trading fodder.

May you live well.................and long.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Boxlock
Boxlock

I've been here pretty much from the start and before the formation of GLSSA.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back when I first started, there was a significant "Damascus Roulette" contingent among the regular posters. We don't see nearly as much of that these days.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Got our first home computer December 1998, and been here ever since.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My profile shows 12/31/01 but as I recall we had to Re-join about that time. I note good number with that same date & some others as 01/01/02, a day later. I know that I started out on internet dial-up prior to my retirement in Aug of '99 but do not now recall just when I joined the doublegun forum or how I even found it.
I do remember the name Marksman, but had not realized until it was pointed out that you were the same person..

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.