Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
You must be one of them a Fwench cAnookers because I noticed a lot of wee weez in your posts.

Last I checked when you talk about American politics you ain't a wee...

Miss'sure.

jOe, before we were Canadians, we were Americans....for 140 years. And we have been in Canada for over 200 years. Can you do the math?

I am completely at ease commenting on American politics. It's something I have a vested interest in and I actually pay attention to it and American society. You should try learning, jOe, you might be surprised at what you find out. And BTW, your attempts at posting zingers typically fail miserably.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

A lot of them cAnookers were draft dodgers that jumped the border during the Vietnam war....

Your fervent posts about American politics makes one wonder is this cAnooker feeling home sick for his country.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
...Are you suggesting there isn't polarization now between the Dems and the Republicans? Are you suggesting many people don't judge others simply by their expectation of who they are voting for?....

....My long term game involves things like working towards evolving the culture of the teachers colleges so they aren't turning out Marxist foot soldiers who brainwash millions of kids every day that the Left view is the only view. My long term game involves blowing up the culture of journalism schools....

Hmmm, aren't we a hundred and ten percent sure there IS polarization? And, I don't understand this. What is in any way wrong with making a judgement about someone who either states who they vote for or implies who they vote for? Isn't how we use that judgement? I believe a long term ground game will be simpler if we don't have to pretend that we're above the fray. Why else would we be harping on hate, if the perceived mob didn't rule? In my previous comment, I gave examples of tactics. Can you come up with reasons not to selectively apply the tactics of the left? Selective meaning, half a booker or warren or hill or barry or pelosi or ocasio or harris, geez there a post length limit.

You may have gathered from the past that education is one of my pet watches on the national scene. I think if you wait for college, you're waaay too late. We'll see. I haven't noticed the dept. of ed. move the needle in a meaningful way to me, but a conservative long game will have absolutely zero chance of influencing formative years under an ideological dem progressive dept. of ed. Hey, what about alternatives? How we gonna get King to stop trashing the thousands upon thousands of kids, of all stripes, who have gotten a wonderful introduction to firearms through the various NRA youth programs, by distilling their body of work down to a couple of misleading sound bites?

If you want to grab today's kids attention, it probably should be a very short message and pop up on their phone. Thank goodness we have someone with the cajones to raise awareness of how info is controlled.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
A lot of them cAnookers were draft dodgers that jumped the border during the Vietnam war....

Your fervent posts about American politics makes one wonder is this cAnooker feeling home sick for his country.

jOe, I both like and admire America immensely. And if it ever made sense for my life, I'd move in an instant. I could happily live in either Canada or the USA.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Thank goodness we have someone with the cajones to raise awareness of how info is controlled.

Yup! Total agreement.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

If you want to grab today's kids attention, it probably should be a very short message and pop up on their phone.

Maybe but that is not my approach. A young man 16 years old joined me and his father on his first Grouse hunt last weekend. The two of them will be staying at my house this weekend and hunting our public lands with muzzleloaders for big game, his first big game hunt. When I showed this young man my Lancaster built percussion rifle built in the 1860's he was amazed by the condition of gun and asked intelligent questions about the rifle. Last week his father asked me if the boy could shadow me for day in the gun shop. He does very well in school and has an interest in both engineering and gunsmithing. This whole view that the youth of today is lost cause is both sad and mistaken. I will also be introducing my 14 year old nephew to hunting big game this year.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, It sounds as if you've wasted far too much time with Alex Jones. Every policy or position you oppose is a hoax or a scam. Evil forces are relentlessly at work in every dark corner. No idea from another perspective should ever be considered. CB, I appreciate your patience and willingness to take a broader view. However, I have to question your devotion to the business ethos. Of course we all benefit from those who found and run enterprises, but as Obama pointed out, they didn't make that all by themselves. Everybody's work contributes to what each of us is capable of making. Thomas Jefferson made amazing achievements, but it was partly because he owned a lot of slaves who made it possible for him to focus on issues other than those of day-to-day. PS: A frequent comment here says Democrats buy votes by programs that reward their voters. Isn't that what politicians do? What is Trump's disastrous tax cut but a reward to his wealthy handlers? There's lots of blather here about honesty, and CB and SKB are among the few who demonstrate it in their willingness to acknowledge that issues can have more than one side.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill were you at the Trump rally yesterday ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, I stood in the street and yelled,"Lock him up." Just kidding.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

An observation: A lot of the nostalgia and the animosity it feeds that gets paraded here is badly misplaced. When the world changes in ways we don't like, it's easy but dishonest to scapegoat those who don't look like or vote like we do. There's a great longing here to be able to live as if we were on the frontier. If you're the only one in a hundred square miles, it really makes no difference how fast you drive, where you shoot or what you shoot at, how much game you harvest. The frontier is over. When I was a kid, I bought a 22 rifle on the playground of the elementary school. I could walk from my house in town to a good place to hunt. No more. It's not impossible now because some liberal Democrats have passed laws. It's impossible because we all have a great many more neighbors now. Now we have to have speed limits and stop signs. By appropriating so much of the planet to our exclusive benefit, we've painted ourselves into a corner. We could be more free to do whatever we pleased it there just weren't so many of us. We need to become conservatives and start conserving a sustainable world instead of consuming it as fast and completely as possible. The refusal to recognize and accept limits is folly and inevitably leads, as the Greeks told us, to tragedy.

Bill Ferguson
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.