Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

geo: grouse hunting is a wonderful thing for hunting man and bird dog...

many good books have been written over the years on the subject...two of my favorites were written in the nineties by two different authors, both with the same last name of fergus...

"a hunter's road", by jim fergus...

and

"a rough shooting dog", by charles fergus

Last edited by ed good; 08/02/18 08:45 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, care to explain what I said that was rude?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

Maybe speaking on his behalf, and acting a bit like keeth...just say'n

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal

Wow, what a rude personal attack from iittle dla (sic), the Mayor of Munchkinland. I wonder why Gladys Kravitz, our Thread Moderator, hasn't made any comments about this totally off-topic thread diversion which has absolutely nothing to do with grouse populations?

And James (canvasback), I hope you had a nice birthday.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Says the guy speaking on Eds behalf.

I said nothing rude......I think however, Ed doesnt like having his hypocrisy exposed so baldly. A purveyor of hunting guns who rails against hunting to hunters on a site dedicated to hunting guns. If not sitting quietly and accepting the rank hypocrisy is acting like Keith, Im fine with that.

I dont take kindly to being threatened with legal action for speaking the truth, dal. I call that an attempt at bullying. And so Ed will just have to accept that my comments towards him may have a bit of an edge now and then.

BTW, thanks Keith for the best wishes.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

whatever

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

whatever

Passive-aggressive much?

If you aren't prepared to back up your position, maybe you just don't have one? I can't remember the last time I engaged you dal, not sure why you feel the need to engage me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen,

One of the reasons I joined the Double Gun Forum is the civility, with very few personal attacks.

ed good,
I can understand how a man limits his Grouse hunting because of his age. I just cut way back with my Grouse Dog training business this past year, I want to now due more hunting with my friends and less gun dog training.

In fact one of my good friends Cpt Denny Boyce has now given up all his bird hunting, because of his weak legs. Last season was his final Grouse hunt. I almost had to carry the big guy off the Grouse mountain. This Fly Fishing season he sat and read in the Log Cabin. I will miss his company in the woods and Trout streams badly. He is now 86, I am 70 and will continue for as many years as possible.

ed I will never equivocate an animals death with that of a human however. Even my Father and Grandfather who both saw even more death in WWI & WWII than I did in Viet Nam, still Grouse hunted, I do the same. I can understand your thinking however.

My Grouse hunting is not about killing it's about the great dog work and the beautiful mountains, taking the beautiful bird is important however it's just a part of our family tradition. There are times we go out and never shoot a Grouse, it's all part of they way God makes things happen.

Ryman Gun Dog/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ryman Gun Dog
Gentlemen,

One of the reasons I joined the Double Gun Forum is the civility, with very few personal attacks. ........

Unfortunately civility here while practiced by the preponderance of the members is not universal. Your best weapon against the bother is to identify those who decline to be civil and use the ignore feature. It is regrettable, but necessary if you do not want to hear their agendas, anger, and otherwise distractions. Many good people have argued for civility without result.

Soon, if not already, you will see the patterns and note those persons you would rather not read. I do note that some are only occasionally bothersome and otherwise post some good data.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I age I find dog work is almost as import as watching younger hunters stumble along and fall in love with the outdoors as they find their way hunting. This Fall I get to add a new hunter to my family. My middle son has a serious female interest, who is as outdoors friendly as he could ever ask for. In fact she now has one of my Ruger 28s which she has claimed as her own. So maybe better than watching a new pup develop, or a son or daughter fall in love with hunting will be a future daughter in-law to our hunting and shooting family.

Only thing I need to do now is add another black lab to our family. Perhaps a small female who thinks that hunting is life itself. I love pups.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.