May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (azgreg, Themauserkid), 209 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,924
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope...I did not support Hill...EVER. Even lil K could not dig up a single quote despite his best efforts.

I spent a whole bunch of time criticizing O-care and the mandate. I guess that does not count.

Good to see you are still following blindly Craig. I would expect nothing less from you.

By the way Craig, did you feel something I wrote was not accurate? Maybe you felt we needed the Iraq war? Did you not want Bush 41 to get credit for his hard work? Maybe the truth bothers you, I am not sure.

And just a little note of reality while we are all reveling in the good economic data. Obama changed the way we measure unemployment from the traditional U6 method of measuring to the U3 method resulting in much lower numbers. If you look at the U6 number current unemployment is sitting at 7.8%. This has been the longest, slowest "recovery" on record. and no, that is not Trumps fault.

Last edited by SKB; 07/28/18 10:04 AM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Per Mark Twain “There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics”

SKB you are correct the last administration twisted and lied and the media allowed them a pass. Politicians of both sides are unreliable narrators. The media more so. These days I find myself having to choose the politician who hurts my interests less, rather than one I like.

SKB trying to argue or reason with some on this board is a waste of time and energy. The little nasty minds simply are what they are. Bless them.

PS at the time I thought the Iraq War reasonable and I think Bush honestly did too, but in hindsight I think differently.

Last edited by old colonel; 07/28/18 10:30 AM. Reason: Added PS

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am more cynical than you on the Iraq war. From the very first mention of it I felt it was a bad idea and that the Bush administration was cherry picking data to support the predetermined decision to go to war while suppressing anything counter. Saddam was sitting on 1950's technology at best. I never could see how they posed any real threat.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

For me it was not that Iraq was going to directly threaten the US. It was that Saddam’s continued existence required a continued presence by the US in the Middle East to a degree which had a good many negative side effects. In the end Colin Powell’s view that you break it you buy it turned out to be more right.

It was a situation in which every answer was bad and one had to pick the less poisonous. We may have chosen badly, but I do not believe it was out of an evil intent.

Rarely a week or month goes by where I do not think about the soldiers I lost there.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....Good to see you are still following blindly Craig. I would expect nothing less from you.

By the way Craig, did you feel something I wrote was not accurate? Maybe you felt we needed the Iraq war? Did you not want Bush 41 to get credit for his hard work? Maybe the truth bothers you, I am not sure....

Thanks for noticing Steve, I try to set a high bar for myself.

It cuts both ways. Just because you feel like you're accurate doesn't mean the facts feel the same way as you do. I feel like I've been consistent in my observations. Do we really feel like we need quotes to figure out which agenda your pet peeves overwhelmingly support?

By the way, it stood in the way, but was it ever about the conventional military or the safe haven? The roaches just scurried over to libya, eh, after your gal left a little vacuum. You never quite ever said you supported her, just felt like the psuedo high road was righteous over electability, independently speaking,eh?

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not my gal, never was, no pseudo support, never will be for her or her kind. Oh by the by, I voted for President Trump. I do not always agree with him but he was the only real choice for a multitude of reasons, guns being just one of them.

News flash....facts do not have feelings. That is for folks intolerable of the truth.

I thought it was about WMDs? Are you suggesting we were mislead and roaches were the real issue? Lies, lies and more lies.......

Seek the truth and you will find the high road Craig. You might find the journey awful uncomfortable though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....News flash....facts do not have feelings. That is for folks intolerable of the truth.

I thought it was about WMDs? Are you suggesting we were mislead and roaches were the real issue? Lies, lies and more lies.......

Seek the truth and you will find the high road Craig. You might find the journey awful uncomfortable though.

Uncomfortable as it may be, the facts are that help like yours could've given us two terms of the likes of algore, for the student of history. Maybe, you like being part of the movement that's inspiring hill to take a third swing at it? Maybe, a warren, holder or oprah will give you truth, truth and more truth?

The journey is looking up, I'm getting a new set of shocks thrown on the ole pickup since it got stuck in the shop for other odds and ends.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The facts certainly are unfortunate. The fact I do not fit in to the mold you are so desperately trying to make fit is unfortunate for you. You see Craig by not supporting the Republicans on every issue in no ways means I support the agenda of the Democratic Party, I do not.

I like the truth. The truth is the Iraq war was a huge mistake and the rational used to enter it was deeply flawed.

The truth is BOTH parties through multiple administrations pushed free trade with little or no concern for the domestic job market.

The journey is looking up.....hunting season is nearly here.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

The truth is BOTH parties through multiple administrations pushed free trade with little or no concern for the domestic job market. ..........

I can only partially agree with “fact.”

Past administrations have indeed talked a free trade agenda, but have for influential friends and supporters manipulated things for their benefit while tolerating similar and in many cases gross manipulations and outright unfree trade actions by many trading partners. The reality of world trade is free trade is a mantra honored in word but not often by action.

Our trade policies are more complex than the free vs tariffs or short term balance of payments many in politics and the media boil it down to. Trump, in his bull in the china shop approach has and will continue to shake things up. Maybe he will get a better deal for American business, however it is in the end a long game and what policy future governments after Trump is a serious question mark. In the short term the shaking things up will be uncomfortable for many, but maybe less uncomfortable than long term economic disadvantage.

An essential element to US power or security (our freedoms) is our nation’s economic abilities. I do not believe either party has done a very good job. I have my doubts about Trump’s approach, but have no doubts that the other options would be worse.

PS: I do concur with your thought hunting season is approaching and it is a good thing

Last edited by old colonel; 07/28/18 02:31 PM. Reason: Added PS

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can thank Bush 41 NAFTA, he negotiated that beauty.

I guess lefty Stevie missed it when I said that some Republicans were also responsible for part of the mess we're in.

Originally Posted By: keith
In all fairness, some Republicans were also guilty of supporting bad trade deals, taxes, and unnecessary regulations that prompted employers to move production overseas.

Bush 41 was a free trader who started the NAFTA negotiations. It was apparent that it was going to lead to massive job losses and only help our foreign competition. But Liberal Left anti-gun democrat Bill Clinton could have stopped it. Instead, he signed it into law. It was Bill Clinton who dropped the atomic bomb on workers when he finished what Bush 41 started. It was the second piece of legislation he signed after inauguration. The only thing more important to him was to allow gays to join the military, which was the very first thing on his agenda.

Bush 43 was also in favor of so-called Free Trade. Trouble is, most of these deals favored foreign interests and made it tougher for U.S. Corporations and U.S. manufacturing workers to compete. The job losses and Factory closures are undeniable, but many of these fools still cling to even more bad agreements. Trump is fulfilling a campaign promise by fixing their messes. Both Bush's were also too soft on stopping illegal immigration. However, I voted for both of them knowing that either Bill Clinton, Al Gore, or John Kerry would have been much worse choices for our nation on trade, taxes, the Welfare State, immigration, national defense, and especially when it came to preserving the 2nd Amendment.

That was 43 that talked like and idiot and started the war we did not need in Iraq. Bush 41 was well spoken.

I am far from liberal but I do have a strong affinity for the truth.

Lefty Stevie is once again rising up to defend the Liberal Democrats and to denigrate the Republicans. He says he is an independent moderate, but we have never once seen him jump into a thread to defend a Conservative or to defend the 2nd Amendment. He could never show us where he has in the past jumped in to criticize a Democrat for their anti-2nd Amendment actions. I'd like him to show us where he ever did, and I'd like him to show us that his take on the Iraq war is anything but 20-20 hindsight and armchair quarterbacking after the play was ran. His sole contribution to any 2nd Amendment threads in the past has been to attempt to disrupt them, presumably in the hopes of getting them locked or deleted entirely.

SKB Lefty Stevie knows all too well that I could supply dozens of quotes from him to support what I am saying. The fact that he didn't come right out in full support of Hillary while he was criticizing Trump and Republicans is the same sort of disingenuous behavior we saw from Larry Clown and other FUDD supporters of anti-gun Democrats.

By the way, for the millionth time... the Iraq war was not about WMD or about the World Trade Center attack. It was about repeated threats from Saddam Hussein, and his repeated violations of U.N. Sanctions imposed after the 1991 Gulf War. His use of WMD was part of the evidence, and his threats to use WMD again was part of the incentive to attack. 86% of the American public, including many leading Democrat Senators and Congressmen supported going in. WMD was indeed found in Iraq, but he had ample time to move, hide, or dispose of most of it. Liberal Left Democrats will still maintain none was ever found, even after you provide proof, which has been done here numerous times.

This recent claim that Lefty Stevie SKB voted for Trump is a huge surprise since he had nothing good to say about the man when Trump was running for his life in a neck and neck race with the anti-gunner Hillary. Here's where I confronted Stevie about the same line of bullshit in February in my post #506513

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506373&page=22

I'm going to have to see a lot more before I ever believe he is anything but a Liberal Left Democrat FUDD who finally realizes that openly supporting anti-gunners might not be a good thing for someone who does gunsmithing for a living. My opinion is based totally on what I have seen from him here in the past, and I do not believe one bit of what he is claiming to be now.
This is remarkably similar to seeing King Brown claiming to support the 2nd Amendment after weeks of posting anti-2nd Amendment propaganda right out of Anti-gunner's playbooks. Of course, many here have seen the same thing from Lefty Stevie, and understand the game he is playing. Here's a warning to Stevie from a thread earlier this year, reminding him what happened to Jim Zumbo when he supported banning semi-auto rifles. I'm sure that Stevie won't mind me repeating this since he claims to have such a strong affinity for the truth.

Originally Posted By: buzz
Zumbo only wanted them banned from the prairies and woods. Gunsmiths for gun control.....idk quite what to think about that.

Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me twice... shame on me.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.