May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (FelixD, DSchrank, Licensed to kill, ClapperZapper, azgreg, 2 invisible), 393 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,793
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Originally Posted By: gjw

I also don't trust the Russian either, never have. Putin is just another Red Tsar trying to reform the old USSR.

I thank God we have a man like Trump in office, a man of his word and he tells it like it is. Refreshing!

Greg,

If it was the conclusion of our intelligence agencies that the Russians, at Putins directive, interfered with our election to benefit Trump, and yet you do not trust the Russians and never have, have you ever wondered why the Russians wanted Trump? And does your lack of trust for the Russians, whom actively worked to elect our president, and undermine other western democracies, ever given you a moment to consider the basis for Trumps contempt for NATO, which, ironically works towards Russian national interests?

Seems somewhat counterintuitive.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

I don't know the extent or even if they tried to influence the election. If the Russians did, and I mean if they did. They may have thought that Trump would be a buffoon who would screw up our system and would weaken it to their advantage. There is NO solid evidence of Trump acting with the Russians. There is evidence of the Russians in bed with the DNC and Hillary's campaign. But we can go on and on, on this subject, so it's moot to continue it here.

As far as NATO goes, they do need to pay their part in this alliance, they haven't so far. They want us to defend them at our expense. The NATO members who do their part are those from the former Warsaw pact and the Baltic states, they know what the Russians are like, first hand. They want to keep their freedom and are willing to pay what their economies allow to keep it. Trump is just giving NATO a stiff kick in the ass to get them off their ass, and it's while he's not the most polished diplomat, he's getting the job done his way and is looking out after the US ahead of anyone else, as he should be.

Just my thoughts

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

17 of our intelligence agencies concluded Russia was interfering with our election Greg. You seem kind of skeptical of their conclusions, is there some information that you have that they don't? Just me wondering...

BTW way, please go on and on. Evidence that the Russians were in bed with the DNC and the Clinton campaign please. I would like to review it.

As far as collusion, I think it prudent to wait and see what the Mueller investigation concludes before we start to have discussion on that topic in earnest.

Last edited by nca225; 07/12/18 06:14 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
17 of our intelligence agencies concluded Russia was interfering with our election Greg. You seem kind of skeptical of their conclusions, is there some information that you have that they don't? Just me wondering...

BTW way, please go on and on. Evidence that the Russians were in bed with the DNC and the Clinton campaign please. I would like to review it.

As far as collusion, I think it prudent to wait and see what the Mueller investigation concludes before we start to have discussion on that topic in earnest.

Hi, I don't think it would pay to go about this subject. One can google for this info to your hearts content for both sides. I support Trump and it sounds like you don't. That's fine, at least we're not calling each other names or engaging in personal attacks. Kind of nice on this forum for a change.

As to Mueller, personally I think he's a Dem hack who's out to get Trump no matter what. His "team" are all Dems and Hillary supporters, enough for me. He needs to either $hit or get off the pot and produce some evidence. He can't because there is none.

Anyway, I guess you and I are at an impasse here, so lets just let this subject drop.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Roger that Master Sergeant

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

NCA, the conclusion on Russia's meddling in the 2016 election was reached by only 3 intelligence agencies: CIA, FBI, NSA. But then if you stop to think about it, what would Coast Guard Intelligence, the Dept of Energy, or the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency have to contribute on the subject?

Re NATO, some of them are more "active" partners than others. For example, if it's a question of dealing with Islamists in North Africa, our troops are working very closely with the French. They've always been very reliable allies in Africa. And they know the region pretty well, seeing that about half the continent once consisted of French colonies. (A lot of the rest consisted of British colonies.)

And some NATO countries are of strategic value to the alliance just by virtue of geography. I remember my former MI unit commander's paper entitled "Iceland: NATO's Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier". Shortly after he wrote that, Tom Clancy's book on WW III, "Red Storm Rising", came out. In Clancy's plot, one of the first things the Russians did was drop an airborne division on Iceland.

Last edited by L. Brown; 07/13/18 07:10 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Even though he was off topic once again, it was good of Larry Clown to point out the false information that nca225 posted once again.

We knew or suspected that Russia had been meddling in elections around the world for decades. Nothing new or earth shattering there. Still zero evidence that Trump colluded with Russians to cheat their anti-gun gal Hillary out of the election. Maybe they should be mad at Donna Brazille and the DNC for colluding to cheat Bernie Sanders and throw the nomination to Hillary. What we won't see from nca225, rocky mtn bill, King Brown, or any of our other very reliable supporters of anti-gun Democrats is this... The fact that Obama's State Dept. used U.S. tax dollars in an effort to influence the Israeli elections and get rid of Pres. Benjamin Netanyahu. Of course, anti-gun Democrat Bill Clinton also tried to make sure Netanyahu didn't get elected, another case of election meddling Liberals won't talk about:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/the-hypocrisy-of-american-election-investigations-into-israel/

Obama had also interfered in elections in Kenya (2006 as a Senator), Macedonia, Egypt, Libya, Honduras, and supported Leftist movements around the world.

Now, who would like to see Larry contribute something about ticks and Lyme Disease?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith I don't know why we bother with the mentally ill...

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This has sure gone all over the place...for the record, the 33% DEET seemed to work pretty well (absolutely nobody got bitten while using it). When there was a greater risk, I wore clothing that had been treated with Permethrin and never even saw a tick. Anyway, back at home dealing with reality here.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/16/18 02:45 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Funny that anytime you talk about a blood sucking insect the Demo'rats and liberals show up in their defense.

Years ago we thought 33% Deet worked good and for a time it probably did...

I just wonder how long before ticks become immune to Permethrin ?

Glad your getting better Lloyd.

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you Sir.

Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.