April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Kolar Dickson, HMAK, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 419 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,217
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like the finish on my Revelation the way it is. Very nice job.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Please explain to me why CSMC charges hundreds of dollars of upcharge for the Lin Speed finish so the ultimate buyers can sand it out. Just a question. My Inverness probably has the Lin Speed finish, a very shiny finish that requires a lot of effort. I am not thinking I will mess with it. Just my opinion as a paying customer.

It's not Lin Speed, Eightbore, it's Tru Oil, and it is a very nice built-up gloss finish. I think it looks great and it's a real shame to mess with it. My 30" barrelled RBL12 light frame has this finish and I would not think of "knocking it down" to a duller finish.

I have a couple of doubles that I have finished out to a soft satin sheen with boiled linseed and progressive sanding to a 1000 grit polish that are very nice. I wanted them different from a gloss finish. Both types of finishes please me, and I don't care to change one to the other.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I received my Revelation about a month ago, but didn't shoot it until today. Got the 30 inch barrels and english stock, and I really like the balance and it fits me well. It smashed the clays. My only disappointment is I did purchase the wood upgrade, and it compares to my eye in no way with the quality of the upgrades I've seen with their RBL guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy
I received my Revelation about a month ago, but didn't shoot it until today. Got the 30 inch barrels and english stock, and I really like the balance and it fits me well. It smashed the clays. My only disappointment is I did purchase the wood upgrade, and it compares to my eye in no way with the quality of the upgrades I've seen with their RBL guns.

Call them and tell them you did not get a satisfactory upgrade.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: Grouse Guy

Call them and tell them you did not get a satisfactory upgrade.
JR

They have been replacing stocks for at least some unhappy upgraded wood purchasers and well they should. Keeping in mind that wood grade is somewhat subjective. It's certainly worth a try. From reports I have read on these guns, it sounds like they are really making an effort to keep folks happy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To me it isn't worth the time and hassle to call, complain, ship, wait, hope the replacement is better, then get what you get.

CSMC should sure know what a suitable wood upgrade amounts to by now. Clearly they sent Bruce Buck a stock upgrade he gushed about in his review of the gun in Shooting Sportsman. This ain't that....

I feel it is just as important to let potential customers who aren't professional reviewers know what they should expect in a wood upgrade from CSMC these days... not much (unless they complain).

Call me old fashioned... I expect a Made in America product which targets the upper end of the available market, and asks you to pay an additional premium to purchase it, to get their quality "upgrade" right the first time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/service...4221913/enhance

This what I got first try. I'm not a professional reviewer. I think I got my money's worth. You deserve the same. The person I know of who felt the same as you about his wood upgrade, got a nice replacement. It only a took two or three weeks. He showed photos of both stocks, on another site. Not trying to be argumentative but I think you are cutting off your nose to spite their face.

Last edited by Alder adder; 07/08/18 04:20 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I appreciate your engagement.

PM me your email address. I'll send you a couple photos of what I received.

Thanks,
GG

Last edited by Grouse Guy; 07/08/18 04:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Niemann

Since most Italian guns are grossly over-priced, it is refreshing to see a sporting gun manufacturer in (now) anti-gun CT pick up the pieces.

Seriously?

Beretta will be making guns 100 years from now. CSMC, not so much.

For every one of these things CSMC sells, the Italian industry will sell 1,000 guns.

Good luck with your selection, but finding a happy customer of this marvelous CT savior of the sporting gun industry can be a challenge. At least at the clubs I frequent.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
Originally Posted By: Niemann

Since most Italian guns are grossly over-priced, it is refreshing to see a sporting gun manufacturer in (now) anti-gun CT pick up the pieces.

Seriously?

Beretta will be making guns 100 years from now. CSMC, not so much.

For every one of these things CSMC sells, the Italian industry will sell 1,000 guns.

Good luck with your selection, but finding a happy customer of this marvelous CT savior of the sporting gun industry can be a challenge. At least at the clubs I frequent.

I would like to see the numbers you are using to determine that "Most Italian guns are overpriced", Niemann. There must be a lot of overpriced Italian guns that I am not aware of. Considering that Beretta, Zoli, Guerini, F (and I) Rizzini, Poli, Piotti, and many other makers, are all reasonably priced for what you get, and make up the bulk of the doubles sold out of Italy, you must be aware of a lot of sales by the higher end makers (Fabbri, Bosis, Famars, P & V, etc.) that I am not.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.