OP Offline
Sidelock

A little light reading for those who may be curious:

https://lymeconnection.org/news_publicat...-and-the-brain-

Peripheral neuropathy

Loss of executive function

Easily frustrated

Rage episodes

Also, most doctors know almost zero about the disease and the tests they prescribe are completely useless. You need to find a "lyme-literate" physician who uses the Igenex labs regimen. Horowitz's book "Why Cant I get Better?" will get you on the right path. There are exactly two doctors here in Colorado that are credible (there were three, but one died).

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/02/18 11:20 AM.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully the medical science has progressed since the publication of this extensive article about the controversy in the medical profession re: Lyme's disease.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/07/01/the-lyme-wars

Sidelock
Sidelock

like gilda said, "its always something"...

wishing you continued recovery and good health...

Last edited by ed good; 07/02/18 12:01 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
After 44-months of nearly continuous treatment, I have finally been cleared of my Lyme's Disease (which went undiagnosed for 11-years, almost killing me first). After I was in for a final check-up in May, my lymes-literate sawbones admitted that only about 20% of his patients ever achieve that end. Most have components of the disease that have to be managed....until end-of-life. My health has improved dramatically since those early days of May; I've lost almost 40 lbs, I'm walking 15 to 20 miles a day (w/the dog, of course) and I've re-entered the workforce again. A gift from God, right? Well, yes...and no. My marriage has been badly damaged by the many years of an almost total disability and late-stage....Lymes psychosis, which is the devastation the disease does to your cognitive skills (and which absolutely nobody warns you about). Severe loss of executive function and being easily frustrated leads to unwarranted outbursts (look up Lyme psychosis & Lyme rage sometime) and a thoroughly oppressive atmosphere at home. My spouse and I are working through all that now (please pray for us!) and I finally have a glimmer of hope (our 33rd anniversary was last Thursday, hopefully it won't be our last).

Forgive me for venting here but it leads to my next question...I was visiting my brother in New Hampshire last week and even after being very careful where I went and what I did, I was awoken Friday morning by a deer tick crawling up my neck while in bed. I know about Permethrin and Deet, are there other options that folks use to keep these now-dangerous little bast*rds at bay? I'm headed to Minnesota next week and I don't want any more surprises.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/lyme-disease-carrying-ticks-are-now-half-all-us-counties

https://qz.com/441583/lyme-disease-is-spreading-faster-than-ever-and-humans-are-partly-to-blame/

It seems that one of the causes of the increasing spread of lyme disease is climate change.

I recall you support the party that denies climate change.

Nature is not without a sense of irony right?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

nca225: This makes you happy?

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/02/18 01:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

225: shame on you...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225, there's a time and place for everything and this isn't the time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My local Bass Pro stopped carrying Repel brand and I was talked into using the Sawyers brand (to be fair I only tried the Sawyers in
a pump spray Not the arisol) ...I did get a few ticks on me. Another thing I did not like about the Sawyers brand is the strong chemical smell that lasted and lasted and lasted.

I went back to Repel and if your clothes are properly treated I have yet to get a tick and I spend upwards of 30 plus days in the turkey woods each spring some of which I spend napping at the base of a tree.

Some might not believe it but ticks will get on you in sub zero temperatures if you sit on the ground and warm them up....just an old wise tale that a hard freeze kills ticks or has an effect on their numbers.

Some speculation that Lyme disease originated in a military lab on an island right out from Lyme Connecticut and it was developed by the US Military as a weapon.

Last edited by HomelessjOe; 07/02/18 10:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the factors in Lymes spread is the deer population. There are more deer around now than before Europeans arrived.

W. E. Boyd
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Look up Operation Paperclip and Dr. Eric Traub sometime. The Plum Island (Animal Disease Center) sits just off of the Connecticut coast.

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.