April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (playing hooky), 166 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,431
Posts544,705
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#516616 06/23/18 03:18 PM
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi all,

I was looking at some nice presentation cases and I started off with looking at Galazan/CSMC. They have some really nice oak and leather cases for a SXS for about $1,000 which includes accessories.

I also noticed that Emmebi carries very similar cases, but are $3,000. I think the Emmebi looks slightly better, but not 3x better.

Anyone have any idea why Emmebi gun cases are so damn expensive?

http://www.emmebi.it/eng/gun-cases-side-by-side.html#

I was looking at 1000/D01 in particular. $3,000 euros on the price list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dhanks
Hi all,

Anyone have any idea why Emmebi gun cases are so damn expensive?

http://www.emmebi.it/eng/gun-cases-side-by-side.html#

I was looking at 1000/D01 in particular. $3,000 euros on the price list.

Probably because there are people out there willing to pay the price. I would look at Jeff's Outfitters site before making final decision.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff's Outfitters. Cheaper alternative.

Rich
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are some case makers here in the U.S..I had a nice oak and leather case made for my H.J. Hussey by FEI.

Mike Proctor
dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know there are a lot of options; however, I wanted to know why Emmebi is at least 3x if not 4x as expensive. Does anyone know why? Materials? Quality?

dhanks Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I would like to make a custom presentation case for my Blaser R8. I have two barrels, two scopes, two magazines, two bolts, shoulder strap and accessories. Anyone have any recommendations on a case builder for such a presentation?

I assume I have to send the maker the gun, barrels, and all accessories so he can fit it properly?

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can trace the outline on construction paper for the gun. As far as the accessories that would be for the case maker and you to discuss.
There is a guy over in Rock Hill, S.C. who is a member of the Carolina Vintagers. I can not remember his name but he is outstanding

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

For that kind of money, just go with Huey and get a total custom.
Best,
Craig

Sidelock
Sidelock

have had jeffs cases, parker repro cases and galazan cases...

cant beat jeff's case for what you get for so much less money...

Last edited by ed good; 06/23/18 08:33 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a few Emmebi cases, most of which were built to go with production guns (Parker Repro, Beretta, one other that I can't remember right now), plus a couple that were sold directly by Emmebi. No doubt they are nice cases, but the ones that came with production guns are not as nice as the ones sold by Emmebi. My sense is that they will build whatever the customer wants, at the customer's price point. They are usually expensive because they are Italian, big name, high quality, and some are hand made. If you think Emmebis are pricey, look at custom leather cases from the artisinal Spanish makers. I also have a bunch of Jeff's cases. If he has one that fits your needs, that would be the way to go. Consider buying a nice case from Jeff's or CSMC and then having a casemaker gut it and refit to your specific needs. Get a solid case because the setup you described is going to be a load in one case.

Another possibility might be the Browning leather three-barrel case. Don't know if they are still made, but outside looks like Emmebi from across the room, and there is a lot of room inside to refit your gun. I have one, but don't remember if there is a Browning logo on the outside. If so, you could hide it with an initial plate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.