April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (FallCreekFan, Tim in PA, 1 invisible), 445 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,202
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
It's too bad we don't hunt like the English staying in one spot while the peasants (affectionately known as beaters) drive the game toward us to shoot. If this was the case we could all wear them $400 leather-lined galoshes with French name.

Guys like Jagermeister who don't own any double shotguns, and who feel compelled to pretend they own one after several years of admitting they don't, aren't going to spend $400.00 on French galoshes.

Guys like Jagermeister, who rent cheap Chinese .22 bolt action rifles and who can't complete the sale of relatively cheap guns they put on Layaway aren't going to be participating in any driven game shoots either.

But you don't have to worry about wearing out hunting boots when all you do is live a fantasy life on the internet.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I wish I could afford $400 French galoshes...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I discovered Russels about 5 years ago and have been very pleased with the sheep hunter model hunting rough mountainous terrain. My feet are 2 different sizes and so the custom sizing is excellent for me. Some threads here caused me to question what else is out there and so I recently purchased a pair of Jaghund Potschund mountain hunters. One boundary hike later and so far I am pleased. I will report more once the season begins.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: fallschirmjaeger

They're closer to $500 and worth every penny.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So does Jagermeister.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

rtw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chukarman
Peter Limmer and Sons of Intervale, New Hampshire offer both stock and custom made hiking boots. Their custom boots are made to measure in the shop in New Hampshire and their stock boots are made in Bavaria (by Meindl, I have heard).

I have a pair of Limmer Lightweight hiking boots that are about 10 years old and very high quality.

Limmer website: http://www.limmercustomboot.com/cgi-bin/CustomBoot/index.pl

+1 for LImmer Boots. I also have their lightweight boots. The stock boots are made by Meindl.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know every one favors the Chasseur by Le Chameau, but does anyone have any experience with the "lower grade" versions made by them? For example the Vierzon or Country?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll start a new thread with this question...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was in Covey & Nye in Manchester last August and stupidly passed on a pair of Le Chameau that were my size and being cleared out for $325. I had made a quick stop to check out their gun assortment, found they had little in stock because they had just moved and was thinking about that when I saw the boots on their sidewalk sale.

I'm still kicking myself.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do most of my grouse & woodcock hunting in N. Michigan in tennis/running shoes with WalkFit arch supports, at least until snowfall, then I switch to my lightest weight uninsulated Muck boots.

And I shot a moose on a British Columbia mountain side last October wearing tennis shoes, but he was not up high enough to be in the shale/rock.

I get a kick out of the guys wearing high tech mountaineering boots hunting the gentle, rolling hills in here in Michigan.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.