April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jtplumb, eeb, buckstix, PALUNC, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 967 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Believe what you want to believe. Read your history. My observations are based on history of the issue. Positions changed about the Second, by jurists themselves, even the NRA. That's why there's a debate. Mentioning facts doesn't make me a liar. As posted above, to give a little nudge: " It's absurd for the educated in the 21st century to believe one ideology fits all, and pure fantasy to say that one is purer, more virtuous than the others as fundamentalists everywhere do."

Mentioning facts wouldn't make King Brown a liar. But distorting facts and posting falsehoods does. The NRA did not at one time believe there was no Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I challenge the liar from Nova Scotia to show us where and when they did. They evolved over time, especially in the 1960's and 1970's from an organization devoted mainly to civilian marksmanship to one that primarily defends the 2nd Amendment in response to attacks, erosion, and infringements upon our gun right by the Liberal Left anti-gun Democrats.

The jurists who have sided with infringements upon gun rights were not on the Supreme Court majority, and thus were not the ultimate arbiters. The meaning and original intent Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms was not adjudicated in the U.S. Supreme Court until 2008 in two landmark decisions. These are the Heller and McDonald decisions that King continues to deny and lie about. But that Original Intent has been demonstrated to pre-date the ratification of the Constitution, and it most certainly is not a recent invention of the NRA or John Ashcroft as King Brown has said many times in the past. We've already discussed judges who violate their oath by legislating from the bench. There were also judges in this country's past who upheld slavery, segregation, and suppression of voting rights for women and minorities. King Brown would be outraged if we even suggested that those things are subject to interpretation and change simply because they were debated in the past.

Last, but not least... when you can post dozens of anti-gun statements and also read crap like this from your friend Ed Good:

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

...and then say this:

Fifteen years of my almost daily visits here confirm there are no anti-gun members.

...then you are a liar. My opinion is based upon clear and simple facts and your own words. To even attempt denial of the fact shows that you are also mentally ill, and certainly here to undermine our Constitutional 2nd Amendment Rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I understand your message, and admire you for its sincerity. I have a strong spiritual life and usually refer to The Great Spirit to accommodate my ecumenism, a distinguishing mark of my family for generations. I try to follow Jesus and the Commandments.

My mother was a Baptist and Anglican father sang professionally at 11 at Toronto's biggest Catholic and Protestant churches, later converted to Catholicism. My grandmother was a British Israelite and grandfather assistant to General Booth and Salvation Army in London, and music director for Gipsy Smith, the Billy Graham of the day.

The amazing amalgam of all it to me is a striving for tolerance, an injunction of Him and Jesus.

Figured there’d be a Buddhist or Muslim in there somewhere, King.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's Good Friday King. Why don't you tell us that charming story where you claim that your Father converted to Catholicism without belief in the resurrection of Jesus, and that the Jesuit Priests who converted him didn't believe in the resurrection either? After that, perhaps you could finally show us where I ever once disrespected your father. That was another of the many lies you've told here that I haven't forgotten.

I didn't believe that conversion to Catholicism story when you told it the first time, and I still don't believe it now. I don't think you were able to accept your Dad's conversion to Catholicism any more than you are able to accept our 2nd Amendment Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

I have also noticed that you never capitalize the "G" in God, but you always remember to hit the Caps key when you refer to Mohammed or the Prophet of Islam. I'll bet you'll be careful to use the capital "G" now, because it is so important to try to deceive people, isn't it?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #510035 03/30/18 04:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, for accuracy's sake, the higher clergy were of The Antigonish Movement, not the Jesuits whom my father also admired. It doesn't matter what you believe. It happened exactly the way I earlier described his conversion. Dishonour is saying it's a lie.

Nursing him alone 24/7, I was with him all the way. Doctrine didn't matter as much as his being a young Communist as were many others looking for something better than capitalism during the Depression. The Church finessed it by saying Dad was head of his times.

The reason for the consanguinity of my spirituality, and using another expression for deity, is in my post above to Stan. I would appreciate more respect from you toward my father's conversion.

As for accepting the Second one way or another, to me it's simply an interesting controversy saturating US public life although I remind true believers from time it's not as cut-and-dried as they see it. Nothing ever is.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually it is cut-and-dried. The US Supreme Court is the ultimate decision maker regarding the Constitution. It has been so since Marbury vs. Madison. The Constitution recognizes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Full stop.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Goillini #510054 03/30/18 06:27 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are correct, Mr. Gollini: millions of Americans believe that's the case. Other millions and myriads of jurisdiction often think differently, Vermont only today introduced a bill to strengthen gun control, older age, large magazines etc. Historically rare for legislation not to change over couple hundred years.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I told my centerman once that the play should be an amalgam of deeks and passes with a consanguinity (anyone else look that up?) of spatiality in the neutral zone and he cross checked me in the teeth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The US constitution was set up so it could be changed "Only" by being amended. Those trying to destroy the 2nd amendment are well aware of this. They aso realise that at the present time they stand no chance of getting an amendment passed. Therefore they are trying through deceit (Out-Right Lies) to convince the "People" the constitution does not protect this right.

I said it before but will say it again. It truly takes a person who is totally Ignorant or an outright Liar to misunderstand the 2nd amendment. Unfortunately the Outright Liars are convincing many of the Totally Ignorant they do not have this constitutional right. I do truly believe King, there is little doubt as to where you stand on this issue, but do realize WE are in the US, not Canada, it truly is none of your business either way. I am not trying to tell you who to vote for or what to take stands on in Canada, for my part you can Butt Out of our politics we've had enough of your Lies.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Of the same fiery emotional temperament as your centre, both skating like Howie Meeker, you found some space and there's Bobby Orr to put you on your ass. Don't cry, it's a great story for your kids.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Of the same fiery emotional temperament as your centre, both skating like Howie Meeker, you found some space and there's Bobby Orr to put you on your ass. Don't cry, it's a great story for your kids.

It would be an honor for Bobby to put me on my ass.

My luck I’d have Sid Crosby spear me in the nuts.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.