March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I think the gun broker buyers are trolling for under priced bargains.
When I have tried to put a nice gun on GB, lots of lookers, no buyers.

I agree. I see lots of guys bidding low dollars on high dollar items then going away. No serious bids.

I will like to see the retailers go away using GB as a retail store such as Wholesalehunter and lg-outdoors. Retail prices plus high shipping cost.

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian
Originally Posted By: moses

An Australian website does us a whole lot of good!

I posted that as an example of another way of doing things.
I still say that if you want it done better, do it yourself.
O.M

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This will prove interesting. I have sold a few over the years on GB and bought a few as well. Like others I get very very PO'd about guns that have been on the site for years with endless relists. Look up completed auctions on particular item and then see how long an over priced item has been for sale. I actually don't even look at reserve auctions at all and use their filter to remove those from that I look at.

PS. I will have to try to list something and see what the new fee's and process will be like and decide if Guns International is where I try to sell a few items. Seems almost like a better way to go these days.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

The credit card issue is going to present a real problem for the casual seller with a desire to sell one or two guns out of a collection. I have some guns I was considering listing, but I'm not going to qualify to take credit cards to do so.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nowhere does GB mandate credit cards. They will be offering a reduced fee structure to those that do accept them but you can still utilize other payments.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I sell a few guns on gunbroker, mostly lower dollar, lower condition stuff. I just recently sold four guns to three different bidders which had been listed a very long time. One went to a large dealer who will resell it I would think. The market is really slow. Price is only one factor. Low interest and high inventory is not helping. I do not take CCs nor do I want to. I will be looking at other options including gunsinternational and using my own website in a more efficient manner. I see very few of these changes being beneficial to me. It will certainly change the site. If you look at the current fees taking the example they use, a 1500$ gun has 58$ in sales fees currently and they plan on raising that. Multiply that by several guns and all in the sudden you have a bunch of options for selling your inventory that are more appealing.

Last edited by SKB; 03/13/18 10:04 AM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's really going to change the marketing plan for one Kansas dealer who has had some doubles listed for at least ten years. As a buyer I'm looking forward to a cleaned up site.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian

Gunbroker is moving to an EBay system. I no doubt think that their [politics will too. they are adopting the EBay philosophy and business model of screwing over sellers (their cusomters) for the sake of buyers (who Gunbroker does not earn a dime off of.

GB earns money from buyers because it's the buyers money that makes the transaction happen. Sellers surely figure their fees into the price of the gun. Any businessman would. There are few really great deals on GB once you figure price + shipping + transfer.

Sellers seem to operate under the mistaken assumption that the seller is the only one who makes the system function.

Sidelock
Sidelock

gunauction.com

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

A while back I listed two DHE 20-ga. Parker Repros, one on gunbroker.com, the other on gunsinternational.com. Both were listed at $3800 each and both sold within a couple days. It cost me ~$63 in fees to sell the one gun on GB and $12 in fees to sell the other on GI.

Why would I want to sell another gun on GB?

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.