March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (AZMike, jcn, battle, Jim H., Lloyd3, Gerry Addison), 831 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: B. Dudley

And what do they deem as excessive shipping charges? I see the example of $75 for shipping. Which, in most cases is excessive. But i have seen some comments on this board that suggest that $40-50 for shipping is money making. That is simply not the case. If a seller is assigning a fixed shipping price on an item, they dont know where the buyer is going to be located. Odds are, they are going to be at the farthest point from them. And shipping a gun across the country can easily cost $40 or more. Especially if insurance is purchased. And, shipping materials have to be factored in too. Proper boxes and packing materials are not cheap. So, for a 2-3 day priority service, $40-50 is not really excessive.

And i am all for discouraging reserve auctions. They are pointless and just clog up the site.

I just arranged shipping for a gun I bought on Gunbroker. The seller says he is using a shipping service called ShipMyGun. ShipMyGun had my FFL in their database, so I did not have to get an FFL copy to send to the seller. The total cost for shipping was $30.00 including $500.00 insurance. Shipping distance is over 1000 miles. I do not yet know how well they will pack my gun for shipping, so can't comment on that yet.

I agree that Gunbroker should have done something about excessive and Reserve auctions that are repeated for years in the hopes of reeling in a sucker. If they needed more revenue, they could have started charging a sliding listing fee that increases each time a gun is relisted. But I can see how that would be hard to enforce if a seller merely changed something when relisting a gun for the umteenth time. It would enhance my experience if we could at least filter out the sucker fishermen when we do our searches.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can see where this will hurt the small seller who only has a few products to sell or even the one off seller. The complications of shipping, payment and 20% fees make it easier to use an auction house. I can also see the opportunity for a new selling site to establish itself that avoids the discouragements Gunbroker is moving towards.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You mean like 200 plus Stevens .410 sxs listed for 800!

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are other ways of doing things.
usedguns.com.au
ozgunsales.com
As a buyer I deal direct with the seller & have nothing more to do with the web site after finding information there on the gun & seller contact.
Have a look at their advert conditions, cost & times.

You may want to start your own sellers site.
O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you think I should buy the 10 gauge Pedersoli percussion ?
O.M

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

charging fee on shipping does nothing to reduce the sellers fees. It just adds revenue to Gunbroker. Just call a spade a spade, don't blow smoke up our collective butts.
Gunbroker is moving to an EBay system. I no doubt think that their [politics will too. they are adopting the EBay philosophy and business model of screwing over sellers (their cusomters) for the sake of buyers (who Gunbroker does not earn a dime off of.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Shipmygun shows 29.95 min. to ship and that doesn't include insurance.
I asked Shipmygunsome questions. 'The main one is how do they get UPS to pay a damage claim on a $5000.00 gun when UPS will not pay more than $1000 damages or loss for a collectable firearm. That's not rumor, that is form UPS (and FEDEX) website.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: moses

An Australian website does us a whole lot of good!

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have sold some items on gunbroker. The only stuff I have is the is cheap stuff that just will not go away, I think the gun broker buyers are trolling for under priced bargains.
When I have tried to put a nice gun on GB, lots of lookers, no buyers. So, I will not care about the new seller fees. Some of the changes I do agree with. I see some sellers put up stuff and it just stays there. Just cheap advertising.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.