May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (GMCS, Jimmy W, welder), 633 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

'I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man's case that just took place in Florida...to go to court would have taken a long time,...'

'Take the guns first, go through due process second,'

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

How do you know that Billy? The last time pro-gunners reluctantly conceded and didn't strongly resist the onslaught by the anti-gunners, it only made them keep trying to take more. That was the GCA of 1968. They came back for "Saturday Night Specials, for all handguns, and for so-called Assault rifles. They also tried to get ammunition bans and "Smart Guns" that could only be fired by the owner. They never stopped coming at us, trying to get more and more. And through it all, FUDD's like you kept saying that it would never happen and that your Liberal Left Democrats were no threat to us.

They are now calling for strict regulations on "weapons of war" that were designed only for killing people on the battlefield. They are saying that these guns have bullets that travel 3 times the velocity of most handgun ammo, and expand violently in flesh. They are saying that guns with such devastating firepower have no place on our streets.

You know what Billy? That sounds a lot like Stevies Mauser or your Springfield rifles.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
"Every regulation is a step toward disarmament," is the basic lie that makes sensible regulations impossible. Fully automatic weapons are legal to own. A tax must be paid; they must be registered. However, federal agents do not appear in the night to kick down doors and confiscate these weapons. The fraction of US society that would ban gun possession if they could is very small. They will never prevail. But , if we do not adequately address the on-going gun slaughter, we will end up losing more than if we'd made some reasonable suggestions ourselves.

Bill, I live in a country with far more firearms restrictions than yours. We also have far fewer mass shootings than yours, or far less per capita gun crime than you. But essentially the same rate of teenage death by vehicular misadventure that the US does. But right now, as a result of your latest school shooting, the anti gun forces are back at it, saying it's time for more gun bans, more regulations.

So tell me again how its the basic lie that makes sensible regs impossible. If you really believe that, then you don't understand the objective of those you support.

Oops, just hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/01/18 04:20 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, here's another example of what I'm talking about.

Here's what will happen after a pile of new gun regs. NOTHING! NO REDUCTION IN GUN CRIME!

The rate (or trend) of gun crime will be essentially the same. Because gun regs are ineffectual at preventing crime. So the anti gun people will be out, saying "we haven't enacted enough regs....we need more....because gun crime is so bad!".

How do I know this? Because the rate (or trend) of gun crime remained the same in Australia and their gun confiscation. NO CHANGE!

But even more importantly....go back to Keith's first post. About driving licenses. If we wanted to save young lives, why isn't this in the national headlines every night and on the lips of every lawmaker and CNN talking head in the land.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/01/18 04:29 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Deep Throat,
Good to see you have come around to my way of seeing things. Raising the age limit on long guns is simply bad policy no matter who had the idea. Glad you finally agree with me. Too bad it took you so long.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I actually support some change, such as better reporting by the states to make NICS more accurate and effective, and to actually enforce the laws we already have on the books such as prosecuting criminals who attempt to buy guns and fail the NICS check.

Well look at that back on page 9 you agreed with me about better reporting to the states for more accurate back ground checks. Looks like you are starting to see things more my way all time.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no dog is this fight. None of this secrete database/registration/disarmament stuff affects me, as most of my guns sunk in an unfortunate fishing accident.

I shall now make the post that pisses off everyone.

First, keith, you've got a serious cognitive bias in the form of negative transference. You have feelings that seem to be about one person, when theyre really about someone else. You think SKB, King Brown, or whomever is anit-gun. Really it is other people who are anti-gun and you transfer those feelings onto people on this board. Its not so different from the progressive who blames the NRA for a school shooting. Seek help.

Second, I dont think there is a solution because people will not talk about the fact that public high schools are shitty places and many teachers are stupid assholes. Architecturally a modern school is nearly indistinguishable from a minimum security prison, which makes sense because they are essentially day jails.

Worse yet, in the old days school was a small part of a young persons life. They went to school for 6 hours and came home to their real lives. Over time schooling evolved into the totality of a young persons life. What could be more depressing than that? If for whatever reason youre any type of social outcast or loner, it is a life of constant torture in an unpleasant environment. With smart phones and social media there is no disconnecting. Kids are stuck in school when they arent even physically on campus. No wonder they need antidepressants. I would too. Its a testament to human decency that there arent more school shootings.

Finally, the folks who say, No one needs an assault rifle have a lot more faith in humanity than I do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for all the commentary. Different completely here during the previous administration. Remember Nixon the Communist hater was the only president who could go to China to find a friend in the Cold War, and similarly pro-gun Trump to the NRA because "something has to be done" toward gun reform. Second Amendment inviolate rights scarcely mentioned while members seem to be looking for something reasonable instead of yelling at each other. All good. Bless America.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
"Every regulation is a step toward disarmament," is the basic lie that makes sensible regulations impossible....

Isn't it a lie to use the word sensible? Do we need sensible gun control regulations because criminals are sensible, or do you want to impose something you're calling sensible on law abiding US citizens? An important distinction because illegal violent felons have exemptions from firearm law and regulation.

The problem is how you define sensible. If it means calm dialog, but then voting for a maxy waters or a finestien, who's gonna find that sensible? Other than just for the sake of doing something, what assurances are there that your side will acknowledge the problem is solved and not keep demanding more sensible gun control by pushing emotional division? The problem with regulation is I highly doubt you would want me to regulate your morality, why don't look at it from that point of view?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Second Amendment inviolate rights scarcely mentioned while members seem to be looking for something reasonable instead of yelling at each other....

Huh? Remember Clinton, the violator of interns, no yelling just one heck of a party. Sorry about that, just throwing in a little balance.

Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.