March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's always the Dems' answer.............. throw more money at it.

Why? ............ it buys votes, that's why.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It also works sometimes. We have a state back ground system here in CO and have a much higher rate of catching problem people trying to illegally purchase guns than states who use the FBI. We do pay a fee on each 4473 run. It started out at 10$ and went steadily down to 6$ but we just had a big increase in the fee which is now at 15$. Our system is also much, much faster than using the FBI. I typically get an answer in less than 5 minutes. Added costs? Yes there are but as someone in business it is worth it to me for the increased speed and accuracy.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

and then there is the theory that gun confiscation advocates dont want the mass murder via firearms syndrome to be mitigated, because then there is less popular support for their agenda...

some say that the evidence that bummer did little or nothing to address the mass murder via firearms syndrome is proof that his agenda did not include saving lives, but instead was geared more toward the eventual confiscation of certain classes of firearms by federal authorities...

like his stooge declared "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Last edited by ed good; 02/25/18 06:37 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
A larger investment?
I'm going to guess if the local cops showed up at my house half a dozen times, someone would be incarcerated, likely me. The program that keeps police from arresting black and hispanic kids pretty much kept Cruz out of the clink.
Epic fail number one

The county cops couldn't be bothered to enter the school and end the bloodshed.
Epic fail number two.

The FBI, warned several times about this little [censored], completely dropped the ball in spite of crystal clear intent displayed by Cruz for many others to see.
Epic fail number three.

Where do you want to thow money to fix this, BIll? Local, county, or federal level?

Best,
Ted

100% correct.Add Epic fail no four:
The security camera's are on a 20 min delay-they were monitoring recordings instead if live !

The government,more laws and throwing money at it will fail like they always do!

Last edited by Dave K; 02/25/18 04:39 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

The notion that government can never be made to work is as self=defeating as Drew's acceptance of razor wire. It you aren't willing to spend more money to make background checks work, you're just telling terrorists to go ahead and arm themselves. Ed Good just uttered the stupidest remark ever, by him or any other hominid.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
It also works sometimes. We have a state back ground system here in CO and have a much higher rate of catching problem people trying to illegally purchase guns than states who use the FBI. We do pay a fee on each 4473 run. It started out at 10$ and went steadily down to 6$ but we just had a big increase in the fee which is now at 15$. Our system is also much, much faster than using the FBI. I typically get an answer in less than 5 minutes. Added costs? Yes there are but as someone in business it is worth it to me for the increased speed and accuracy.

Steve, if it worked great at $10, then it continued to work at $6, why raise it to $15? Possible answer ............. to further discourage the buying of more guns in the first place.

Hey, don't laugh. It worked when Bill Clinton raised the annual fee for a FFL from $10/yr. to $200/yr. Licensees dropped from 282,00 to barely over 100,000 in just a short time span. I was one of them who, due to moving a small number of guns, could not justify the increase.

Follow the $$$$.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....We need a seriously larger investment in background checks, and when we err, it should be on the side of caution.

Wouldn't it be wise to discuss what this means? Doesn't this mean a de facto registration? Wouldn't it require a buyer background check, a seller background check, and documentation of a unique firearm? A member here kindly explained to me about at least one state that makes this process quick and easy, a pilot program for the nation if you will. And, of course, let's not forget the 'fee'.

Let's say you have a seventeen year old grandkid when the law is passed. Four years later, at age twenty-one, they want to sell a starter .22 or generic deer rifle they were given at twelve years old. They are a good lawful citizen, but the quick and easy background check flags them for not ever having that firearm legally transferred to them.

Are they a felon on the spot, or do they have some special exemption? Should they be flagged in the future for attempting an illegal firearm transfer that's in the database? Would this be the equivalent of a sale out of a car trunk on the south side of chicago, and why not? But hey, I got to enjoy that little front that came through your neck of the woods early last week. Brrr, but much more pleasant than the thought what an untruthful ideologue would do with a registry.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It goes up, it goes down. I cannot worry about what amounts to pennies for a valuable service. Happy to pay for the convenience. First time is has been ever raised.

Here for the meltdowns
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My god no not at all. By Federal law any Government body associated with your back ground check is prohibited from entering the information into a searchable database. When you buy a gun they have no idea what you except if it is a long gun or a handgun. Not the make, model, serial# or caliber. Those records stay with the FFL holder for 20 years or until he closes shop. As stated above, I do not mind the fee nor does it seem that the folks planning to shell out for a gun do. I have never once been told that the fee would make or break a deal. I usually have enough profit in sale that adjusting the total by 10$ is a no brainer.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: SKB

Steve, if it worked great at $10, then it continued to work at $6, why raise it to $15? Possible answer ............. to further discourage the buying of more guns in the first place.

Hey, don't laugh. It worked when Bill Clinton raised the annual fee for a FFL from $10/yr. to $200/yr. Licensees dropped from 282,00 to barely over 100,000 in just a short time span. I was one of them who, due to moving a small number of guns, could not justify the increase.

Follow the $$$$.

SRH

We do both here,both no charge, FBI NICS for long guns-95% if time immediate reply of proceed-delay or deny,you can even go on line no wait there either.The handguns go through State PD NICS, 20 min average call back.
What percentage of denied NICS checks are prosecuted ?
Out of 556,496.............254 a .04% prosecution rate

http://freebeacon.com/issues/prosecutions-lying-gun-background-checks-fall-new-low/

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.