April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushveld, Ted Schefelbein, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 275 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

Again I think it makes more sense to keep evil and crazy folks out of schools than make restrictions on the sane and law abiding. If you could wave a magic wand and remove all the black guns from the country does any one think the attacks would stop? Crazy and evil folks would use bombs or shot guns with buck shot or things normal folks have not even thought of yet. Colombine shooters used 9mms , shotguns and bombs . The cause is the decline of our society and a lack of respect for life. It is not something that can be fixed by legislation but sadly it is the county we now live in. We need to harden our schools to protect our children.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
You know you may be on to something lil k.......maybe ar-15s should be class three items. Then we would not need to ban them. I have not cast a vote for a Democrat in years. Convenient how you avoid admitting that now GOP politicians are calling for a change. Better avoid that one at all costs and head on over to infowars where you will not need to think.

There were 10 million AR-15's in the U.S. in 2013, and certainly a couple million more have been produced since then when demand skyrocketed under Obama's threats to ban them. Then we have millions more AK-47's and their variants, SKS's, Mini 14's, etc. If production was banned today, how soon could we expect the supply to dry up? If guns are the problem, one would expect that Gun Shows would be the most dangerous place on the planet.

I'm not at all surprised to see you suggesting that semi-automatic AR-15 style firearms should be regulated as Class III. Your support for anti-gunners and their solutions always surfaces, doesn't it?

I have no idea how you vote or if you vote. All we have to counter what you say now is your consistent support for anti-gun Democrats here in this forum, and your very reliable denigrations of pro-gun Republicans, as with your many recent attacks and criticisms of Trump. I think they call that circumstantial evidence. Very strong circumstantial evidence in your case Stevie.

I am not avoiding admitting anything about GOP politicians calling for change. I actually support some change, such as better reporting by the states to make NICS more accurate and effective, and to actually enforce the laws we already have on the books such as prosecuting criminals who attempt to buy guns and fail the NICS check. Your boy Obama ignored tens of thousands of those crimes while pressing for more restrictions on law abiding gun owners. Enforcement of existing laws would have prevented the shooting in Parkland, Florida. What good are more laws if we don't enforce the ones we have now?

And you may recall me roundly criticizing my own Republican Senator and several others like John McCain when they backed Obama and Biden's anti-gun legislation after Newtown. I have always been critical of any Republicans who support anti-2nd Amendment legislation, but I know that won't stop you from posting falsehoods and showing your ignorance. And we all know how much it bothers the hell out of you whenever anyone points out the extreme anti-gun fervor of the Liberal Left Democrats... even though you say you don't vote for them and don't like them... Yeah, you're fooling everyone Stevie... We believe you...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stevie never fooled me...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
But we do address automobile carnage in a thousand ways. It's worth pointing out that accidental hiway deaths are not the same as deliberate murder....

Why is that worth pointing out. When a dem calls for gun control, why don't they remove accidental death and suicide from their 'stats'. Maybe, it's better to peddle in a lot of misery, instead of just a little?

Sidelock
Sidelock

...A friend who is very pro-gun and an NRA member made a suggestion to me yesterday I thought may have some merit. He suggested requiring firearms to be locked in a safe when not in use as many other countries require....

I think your comments are all over the place, but this is a possible solution with merit? Would this knucklehead's safe have been at the school? If not, isn't it legal to transport the rifle?

Boxlock
Boxlock

You know you may be on to something lil k.......maybe ar-15s should be class three items. Then we would not need to ban them. I have not cast a vote for a Democrat in years. Convenient how you avoid admitting that now GOP politicians are calling for a change. Better avoid that one at all costs and head on over to infowars where you will not need to think.

1. AR-15s should not be a Class III item. There is no difference between an AR and any other semiautomatic rifle.

2. The GOP is not going to call for an AWB.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hard for a liberal mind to understand that...him being gun ethusiest he should know that a person with a single shot shotgun with an ejector and a bag of buck shot could do just as much if not more damage than a person with a semi auto rifle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some people might not have the money for a gun safe...that requirement is just another way for the anti gun advocates to get control.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with both your points. Notice my first comment regarding ARs....I said I did not think they should be banned and it would not help. I was just rattling the cage of lil k. The GOP is not calling for an AWB. I would rather see that than raising the age to buy a long gun which they are considering. Some form of increased gun control is coming and the GOP is going to help. Just look at Florida. You now have Rubio and Scott on board, both with A ratings from the NRA. Trump is suggesting several options. These are not liberal making these suggestions folks. I do not have the answer but this is not sustainable. We can not continue to have these mass shootings and keep the laws at status quo. Things are changing, you may not like it but that is the reality of the situation. Was the possibility of raising the long age even a thought before this? Could you imagine the President or Rubio saying what they have said before this? Just look at the corporate partners the NRA lost this week alone. We are losing the battle of public perception and in a big way.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Evidently the media has you believing we are losing....Are the elected idiots proposing raising the legal age limit for purchasing a long gun from 18 willing to raise the legal age for people going in the US military ?

Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.