May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (KY Jon, PALUNC, 3 invisible), 304 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,503
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 39 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

The evil and crazy will always fall through the cracks and they will always find a method of destruction. The worst mass school murder happened in 1927 when a disgruntled school board member blew up a school in Bath,MI Over 18yrs old, no gun, no drugs just crazy. We need to harden the schools. The best way should be debated by folks that know a lot more about schools and security than I do. Keeping the crazy and evil out makes more sense than making restrictions on the sane and law abiding in my opinion.

I don't care if bump stocks go away but I think it will be tough to wright a law that is narrow enough scope to out law them and not other add ons and modifications.

I think the existing background laws are good but the data base needs work to be more complete so it can work better and when someone fails a check they need to be charged.

I have mixed feelings about the age change. Does it make sense that at 18 you can't buy a single shot 22lr pistol but you can buy an AR? On the other hand does it make sense that a 20yr old that has been shooting shotguns for 11yrs can't buy one?

It's never as easy as it seems.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We got Obama and Eric Holder to thank for bump stocks....

Being they are anti gun I think them allowing bump stocks to become legal was a calculated plan by them for a mass shooting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How you "understand" school shootings depends a lot on how closely it has impacted you. When a deranged student shot up a classroom at Umpqua Community College, he chose a class he was a member of. The instructor he killed was a friend and colleague who had been my student teacher. The student had a history off-kilter behavior. I think every secondary teacher with a few year's experience gets some students they see could be dangerous. It's become a tradition now among the deranged to study the course of school shoot-ups. They want to join the club. As for the Sandy Hook shooter, his mother would nor have bought an AR-15 if the Assault Rifle ban had not been allowed to lapse. She was monumentally stupid, but not a law-breaker. Note, too, the Assault Rifle ban was fully supported By Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford.It was not just some wacko-Democrat feel good effort.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 02/24/18 07:28 PM. Reason: addition

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
As for the Sandy Hook shooter, his mother would nor have bought an AR-15 if the Assault Rifle ban had not been allowed to lapse. She was monumentally stupid, but not a law-breaker. Note, too, the Assault Rifle ban was fully supported By Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford.It was not just some wacko-Democrat feel good effort.

George Bush Sr. also signed some kind of firearm control law. The situation with terror shootings isn't going to go away. It's only a matter of time before high cap semi-auto firearms will be on banned list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
this aint bout drugs...it is about certain individuals getting so pissed at whatever or whoever, that they take their anger and revenge out on others...in the middle east they use suicide vests..in this country they use high cap, semi auto firearms...the results are usually the same...lots of dead and maimed victims and one dead wacko...

Yes, we have Christian terrorists and they have Muslim ones. Different means are used, but death toll per terrorist can be great as we have seen in Nevada.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Nobody here seems to understand-this was all by design. It was totally predictable, and foisted on a willing minority that could be emotionally swayed by symbolism over substance.

Best,
Ted

Actually Ted, I do understand that this was all by design. That was my whole point in proposing restrictions on teen driving and cell phone usage. We all know that the teens who are so willing to give up our Gun Rights would squeal like little pigs at the mere mention of giving up their drivers license or cell phones. We should all understand by now that the Liberal Left is always at the ready to blame guns immediately after a shooting, while totally ignoring "Real Common Sense" legislation that will save many more lives.

SKB has once again shown his true pro-Democrat position in his post where he asserted, " Comparing road accidents which we will always have to mass shootings is a sad state of affairs." With thinking like that, GM would still be building the Corvair, and vehicles still wouldn't have seat belts or air bags. Teen driving is not a Constitutional Right, it is a privilege. Thousands of teens die every year because they are obviously not yet ready for the huge responsibility of driving a car or motorcycle.

Of course, we could always start incrementally by first raising the driving age to 19 instead of 21. And we could certainly prohibit driving for any purpose other than to go to school ( only where school busses or public transit was unavailable) or strictly for travel to and from work, with no non-adult passengers. If there were more tragic and fatal accidents after this, we could be ready to pounce with even tighter restrictions. Faced with this line of perfectly rational logic, I'd bet 999 out of 1000 anti-gun teens would stop to consider the ramifications of giving up rights and privileges.

I note how SKB conveniently forgot to mention restrictions on cell phones and texting by teens even though many more teens die in a month due to being distracted by that than die from school shootings in an average year. Most of us went all through school and college without owning a cell phone. It is not a necessity, and doesn't provide the same level of personal safety as firearms ownership. And once again, it isn't a Constitutional Right.

SKB's suggestion of mandatory storage is exactly what Jagermeister frequently suggests. Ted was quite correct about Newtown shooter Adam Lanza, and the futility of that idea. And like Jagermeister, SKB seems to want to ignore those little incidents like the terrorist attack in Nice, France that killed 86 and injured 458 with not an AR-15, but a rented truck. Where are his cries for mandatory restrictions on locking large trucks in secure storage facilities and using fingerprint scanners to even start them?

And I do understand his interest in Universal Background Checks, since as an FFL licensee, he stands to profit from the kind of checks that virtually all of these shooters easily pass before they become murderers. There is no damn good reason the government needs to get involved in the transfer of your guns to your friends or family other than to create a database of gun owners. None of these shooters inherited their guns from grandpa.

This is the time to take a few moments to contact your elected representatives to tell them you are not in favor of giving up any Constitutional Firearms Rights, and to also join the NRA and/or send them a donation to help counter to latest assault on freedom. Now is not the time to be a FUDD who is ignorantly wondering what we should give up to temporarily appease the anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You assume far too much you mental midget. I do not support universal back ground checks nor do I offer transfers for a fee. I make exactly nothing for completing a 4473 and only do so for good clients.....for free. My interest is in not losing a business I have spent years building and the guns I cherish. The current system is broken and if you can not see that you are blind. The database used is full of holes and needs improved reporting. Notice the whack job in Texas who the Air force failed to report. I am fully aware that you can kill someone with out a firearm and know the history of terrorist using other methods well. That does not mean we as gun owners do not have a huge problem on our hands with our image with the general public. This can not continue as noted by our President, Senator Rubio, Governor Scott and others. no these guns did not jump up and kill those kids by themselves. Making schools a harder target as Ted mentioned makes good sense but I fear it will take much more than that. Not a simple problem and I do not claim to have the answer.

Last edited by SKB; 02/24/18 08:24 PM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

But we do address automobile carnage in a thousand ways. It's worth pointing out that accidental hiway deaths are not the same as deliberate murder. Both are severe issues and deserve attention. The answer to mass shootings by adolescents is to keep AR-15's out of their hands.

Bill Ferguson
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
But we do address automobile carnage in a thousand ways. It's worth pointing out that accidental hiway deaths are not the same as deliberate murder. Both are severe issues and deserve attention. The answer to mass shootings by adolescents is to keep AR-15's out of their hands.

A death is a death, accidental or not... especially where they are preventable. Have you ever been to the funeral of a teen who was killed in a vehicular accident? Accidental highway deaths aren't the same as school shooting deaths because there are on average, over 400 times as many deaths resulting from teen driving. Other than that, there is still a grieving family and a dead body in a casket. If you seriously feel that the key to stopping school shootings is keeping AR-15's out of their hands, then we can save thousands more live annually by keeping vehicles and cell phones out of their hands.

But it is no surprise to see either SKB or rocky mtn bill jumping to support the knee jerk solution of blaming the gun, because both of them are reliable supporters of anti-gun Democrats. The only difference between them is that Bill can admit it, and Steve is in denial of the obvious.

There is no question that gun owners and the NRA have an image problem. That is because the Left and guys like Steve and Bill support politicians and a News Media that relentlessly attacks the 2nd Amendment while hypocritically ignoring things like SSRI side effects, and things that kill far more people such as auto accidents, drug overdoses, and medical mistakes.

And I simply LOVE how SKB has me on IGNORE and doesn't see my posts! If nothing else, threads such as this tend to flush out those who continually help the Liberal Left Democrats who work so tirelessly to erode our rights. When Conservatives finally do relent and offer up some support for gun control, those on the Left always act as if it is something they really wanted. And when they do concede some ground, the anti-gunners always return for more restrictions. Reagan did not pass any bans on semi-auto AR-15 type guns. That was done after he left office. The Firearms owners Protection Act did ban future transfer of unregistered FULL AUTO firearms when the Democrat Hughes Amendment was added to the bill at the last minute, and the Left twists that by saying he signed a ban on assault weapons. That is a lie. It was Bill Clinton who signed the 10 year ban on many semi-automatic assault style firearms. The law had a 10 year sunset provision that was allowed to expire under George W. Bush, and there is NO EVIDENCE that either Reagan or George H.W. Bush would have supported extending the 10 year ban that was shown to be ineffective in deterring violent crime. In fact, Michael Reagan has said that his father's 1994 support in a letter to Congress was due to the onset of his Altzheimer's disease. When rocky mtn bill or King Brown offer statistics or so-called facts about gun control, it is always best to check them. Their "facts" about gun control come from anti-gunners and the DNC.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You know you may be on to something lil k.......maybe ar-15s should be class three items. Then we would not need to ban them. I have not cast a vote for a Democrat in years. Convenient how you avoid admitting that now GOP politicians are calling for a change. Better avoid that one at all costs and head on over to infowars where you will not need to think.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 8 of 39 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.