May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 816 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr.Drew the more I read your defense of these drugs the more I ask myself has Dr.Drew given up on God ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe: God helps the hopeless and helpless. Those with miraculous resources like MRI machines and Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR) He expects to help themselves.
In His sovereignty He could heal major depressive disorder, but He usually uses us, and medicines, to do so.

BTW: You might keep some anti-venom around next time the snake handlers are at it wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Im generally fine with God when left to myself but when folks start talking about how He does or doesnt work I wish I was an atheist.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So it seems we are left with the question of which is the better or more "Libertarian" choice...

...to ask the government to look at the risks associated with the use of SSRI Anti-depressant drugs... or to stand idly by while anti-gunners and anti-gun politicians once again blame the gun and press the government to restrict Constitutional Gun Rights of law abiding citizens.

I suppose it could be a matter of empathy for the sick, or apathy about guns we may not own or use. Or it could even be due to seeking an easy solution to a complicated problem. Or it could be a matter of personal enrichment, i.e., follow the money. I might not be so down on SSRI's if I was in the business of making or prescribing them. It might be a matter of me thinking that my paycheck was more important than the rights of people to own a class of firearms I don't personally care for.

What we know is this: Something or some things have changed within our society that is resulting in mentally defective people deciding to pick up a gun and kill as many unarmed people as they can. Since guns have always been readily available, it must be something else. And we never hear after these school shootings that the perpetrator consciously targeted only those who may have bullied or tormented him, which further refutes rocky mtn bill's DNC agenda driven assertions.

Should the government be looking into these drugs? Well when you consider recent reports from JAMA that these drugs may be over-prescribed and in many cases no more effective than a placebo, while still carrying the risk of suicidal or homicidal side effects...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/185157?redirect=true

... and when you also consider that the Pharmaceutical Industry has been found to suppress or falsify the risks associated with these drugs...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/...est-ever-revie/

... then we have something of a cover-up similar to what corporations did to hide the risks of tobacco use or asbestos. And it did indeed take both government intervention and messy lawsuits to address a serious problem. But perhaps some here feel that intervention was wrong too.

However, not all Doctors or Psychologists are buying into the idea that these drugs are a miraculous and indispensable panacea...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/obsessively-yours/201001/five-reasons-not-take-ssris

Newtown Shootings: A Caution About Violence and SSRIs

But I have my own selfish motives. I started this thread because I am actually passionate about preserving my gun rights, and I am willing to expend time, money, and energy to prevent anti-gunners from incrementally eating away at them. It ain't preaching to the choir when some in the choir are busy undermining the church.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK.
More feel good congressional hearings telling us what we all already know about the risk and benefits of SSRIs; they are inappropriately prescribed, they work for some, don't for others (esp. long term), and have serious potential side effects.
https://www.webmd.com/depression/features/are-antidepressants-effective#1 (click on view all at the bottom)

But who wouldn't give up their SSRI to save the life of one child?
It's the drugs (and guns) not the evil.

BTW: the Las Vegas shooter had nordiazepam, oxazepam and temazepam on board. Better add Benzos to the hearings.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That's the problem. The anti-gunners and the students who are petitioning Congress and the President to do something about AR-15's, large cap magazines, and even Background Checks, (which shooter after shooter pass with flying colors) aren't really interested in saving lives of school kids.

If they were all about saving lives of school kids, they would be pressing to increase the driving age which would save over 400 times as many kids as banning and confiscating every AR-15 in the U.S. And they would be holding protests and marching on Congress to ban the use and possession of cell phones which kill an average of 9 people every day and injure over 1000 more:

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/distracted_driving/index.html

If we don't stand up to this, history has proven the anti-gunners will be back for handguns, semi-automatic hunting rifles and shotguns, and more. They don't like our doubles either. But Jagermeister doesn't have to worry because he doesn't own any double shotguns.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've always suspected the increment that the antis want is de facto registration, likely as part of 'strengthening' our background checks. Then, they can target, regulate, apply prohibitive fees, and criminalize down the road, as long as they can get that foot in the door.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I want to see end to these mass shootings. Stronger back ground checks make good sense to me. Bump stocks can go the way of the Dodo as far as I am concerned. Hardly a 2nd amendment issue in my mind. The non-sense coming out of the NRA currently is going to be its downfall and I am a paying member. Saying that people really do not care about the lives lost in these tragedies does a disservice to all gun owners. Comparing road accidents which we will always have to mass shootings is a sad state of affairs. I do not think banning the AR is practical or will help but I think the country is starting to reach its limit for this mess. We now have a whole bunch of prominent GOP politicians who are calling for a change. I agree but do not have the answer. I'm not sure how we got to a place where we have so little value for another human beings life. I am not in support of the gun grabbing platform of the left but I can clearly see the status quo is not sustainable. A friend who is very pro-gun and an NRA member made a suggestion to me yesterday I thought may have some merit. He suggested requiring firearms to be locked in a safe when not in use as many other countries require. Would it stop all of this? No, but it could be a step in the right direction. I am in no way interested in giving up my guns but you would need to be blind and in complete denial not to see we have a big problem in this country and something needs to be done. Something needs to be done so we can KEEP our guns and that means finding a way to stop this mess.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

this aint bout drugs...it is about certain individuals getting so pissed at whatever or whoever, that they take their anger and revenge out on others...in the middle east they use suicide vests..in this country they use high cap, semi auto firearms...the results are usually the same...lots of dead and maimed victims and one dead wacko...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Sandy Hook shooter took his Mother's guns from her safe after he killed her. When you are at the point that an individual will kill his Mother in order to visit mayhem on a school full of children, another law on gun storage isn't going to help.
Hardening the school would have a better chance than another layer of laws that will be used to harass legal gun owners rather than eliminating a sick perp.
That won't stop the left from trying to pass as many laws that do just that-it is never about ending the mayhem, it is about whittling the rights down a little bit at a time.
Nobody here seems to understand-this was all by design. It was totally predictable, and foisted on a willing minority that could be emotionally swayed by symbolism over substance.

Best,
Ted

Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.