May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Argo44), 669 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,506
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

The prescribing of certain drugs has increased in many developed countries yet incidence of mass shootings is much less then here, therefore, the drugs themselves can not be blamed. The poor supervision due to breakdown of family unit system poor values along with easy access to firearms will continue to take toll on innocent human lives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

People are fallible, they fail. In this latest school shooting, it seems the FBI failed to do what we expect it to do. The local deputy simply chose his own life over doing his duty. That doesn't mean that the system fails; it means the system must improve itself and get rid of the people in it who were responsible for the failure.

When a killer goes to a school to kill with a gun, he probably will until stopped. The same applies to a killer who goes to a school with a dynamite vest. Or one who decides to use arson as his weapon. Or a truck. Or poison. Evil has way more faces than an AR-15.

The common thread is preparedness and the will to institute systemic rules which will protect the innocent. Its become clear to me that safe zones where guns are prohibited do not serve the purpose of protecting people, but instead just invite tragedy.

Schools and other public gathering places can be protected by actual security teams and systems (not the assignment of some deputy who won't do his job when the need arises). We can spend the money to have protection or not.

I remember the school security debate when Newtown happened. The politicians kids attended some school in Washington with an armed security team. Yet they believed they were special cases because of their position and our kids needed no such protection.

The current gun control assault will fail and likely finish tanking the democrat party in America. The second amendment and the NRA are our protection in this country. The gun lobby's position that a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy seems to me to be the most sensible guidance I've heard from anyone...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to make any less of this tragedy, but school attacks are not exclusively a modern thing. The worst, if measured by lives lost, was this one..................... in 1927.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I hope that Geo Newbern is correct and that Democrat anti-gunners will fail and the 2nd Amendment will remain as a bedrock principle. But that will not happen if we don't continue to act with resolve and determination. Hope alone will not sustain us. But millions of gun owners will blame the NRA if we end up going down the same path as Great Britain or Australia. I urge gun owners who are smart enough to see that we are under a continuous assault by anti-gun Democrats to step up and fight back.

I hope those who understand take a few minutes to call, write, or email their Congressmen and Senators, and join or renew membership in the NRA. Above all, don't be a FUDD who thinks they won't continue to go after all guns if they have their way with us now.

I do think it is time to press our legislators to take a hard look at the sometimes horrific side effects of SSRI Anti-depressants.The fact that many patients are helped by them does not excuse the fact that far too many end up suicidal, homicidal, or both.

I thank Ted for brilliantly shredding the totally inaccurate excuses that rocky mtn bill put forth for wacked-out students attempting to beat some body count record from a previous attack on another soft target of unarmed people. I too instantly doubted that shooters were retaliating when they choose to shoot up schools, movie theatres, churhes, country music concerts, or malls. There is a very good reason they don't attack Police Stations or gun shows. Those of us who aren't DNC parrots know that.

Jagermeister continues to show his inability to comprehend simple things. I have previously emphasised that the problem of mass shootings goes far beyond simple one-faceted solutions like banning AR-15's or SSRI's. But he is too agenda driven to see that other contributing factors I've mentioned such as the breakdown of the family unit, the rise of dependency on government Wefare programs, and the relentless movement to eliminate God and religion from society has been largely due to the same anti-gun politicians he worships. But his narrative is not surprising when you understand that this internet pretender with thousands of posts on a double gun forum doesn't even own one. He continues to place blame on easy access to guns, but has steadfastly refused to even comment on the 2016 Muslim terrorist attack in Nice, France where 86 people died and 456 were injured by a truck intentionally driven into a crowd. No AR-15's needed.

His fellow anti-gun troll friend Ed Good continues to preach the false narrative that the 10th Amendment supersedes the 2nd Amendment. Fighting a battle when you are being sabotaged by people who pretend to be on your side makes things much more difficult. And that is why I feel it is important to be relentless in exposing them for what they are.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Apparently, there was not one but four cowards in the Broward sheriff's department.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/four-sheriffs-deputies-hid-during-florida-school-shooting/

Sidelock
Sidelock

heard the gov of florida on the radio today...he wants at least one uniformed and armed police officer in every school in the state...and the pres has suggested that teachers be trained and authorized to carry concealed handguns while in the class room...both good ideas...like uniformed officers at airports and air marshals on planes, these are known and unknown deterients that work...they should also work in schools...

Last edited by ed good; 02/23/18 11:56 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I want to believe that we can get out in front of this problem by diagnosing nut cases and limiting the dosing of medications. We cannot depend upon insane asylums because we have as a society decided they are too expensive so we do not have them anymore.

I don't however believe that we are presently able to predict the behavior that causes school shootings. It seems to me anyway that direct planning to quickly and with deadly force nullify the problem when it arises is our best course...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

So the Libertarian (not) idea is to ask the same government that failed the Stoneman Douglas kids at every point to now decide who should and should not receive SSRIs? Set up a SSRI background check for pharmacies? Require pharmacists to obtain a signed release "No, I don't hear voices telling me to shoot school kids today" before dispensing the Rx? Maybe ask the person with the Rx if they have tried "Medical Marijuana" first to get the tax revenue in order to finance the "SSRI Control Act of 2018"? This all sounds like "reasonable SSRI restrictions" to me frown

This BTW is the same government that told docs 20 years ago that "pain" was a public health crisis and if someone said they were in "pain" and the "pain" was not treated we were failing to adequately treat with safe and effective medicine...with a very low risk of addiction or abuse. Didn't work out so good. 90% of primary care docs KNEW this was BS, didn't want to mess with the drug addicts, who then went to a "Pain Clinic" where 1% of docs gave Rxs for 90% of the narcs. Most have now lost their licenses, and some are in prison for manslaughter.
The government changed it's mind about all that in 2017, and now some folks with legitimate need for long term narcs so they can have a life (not my life is taking narcs) can't get them.
But the cartels are filling the need, with fentanyl from China; enough to kill most of Mass.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/09/33-...-in-boston.html

There will no doubt soon be a class action suit against the SSRI makers, just like the suits against the narc makers, and that's how things get sorted out in our country. Very messily.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
The prescribing of certain drugs has increased in many developed countries yet incidence of mass shootings is much less then here, therefore, the drugs themselves can not be blamed. The poor supervision due to breakdown of family unit system poor values along with easy access to firearms will continue to take toll on innocent human lives.

Pardon my Hungarian...but you are a damn idiOt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I want to believe that we can get out in front of this problem by diagnosing nut cases and limiting the dosing of medications. We cannot depend upon insane asylums because we have as a society decided they are too expensive so we do not have them anymore.

I don't however believe that we are presently able to predict the behavior that causes school shootings. It seems to me anyway that direct planning to quickly and with deadly force nullify the problem when it arises is our best course...Geo

No way to predict evil....it's in all of us.

Most can control it....these drugs are known to let the evil take over.

Drew these drugs you speak so highly of weren't given to us by God....

God gave us who we are not what some pharmaceutical company wants us to be.

Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.