March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dale May, NZHunter, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rudybollo,
Do you have a lathe? If so, you can make a simple die pretty easily. If not, do you have a friend with one, or your gunsmith? If you don't have an arbor press, you can use a large vise to power the operation. Do your cases have a groove ahead of the rim, if not you may have to file or turn one, to avoid closing the primer pocket/ flash hole.
Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kutter

If it's a 28ga chamber and bore, you can follow this link and scroll down to page 24.
It'll give you the specs for both the chamber & the bore for the 28ga. See what your's is in comparison.
http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/download/209.pdf

At around .626 base for 28 gauge modern plastic, that leaves around .040 of slop. Maybe the 28 gauge could be fireformed to expand that much.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Rudybollo,
Do you have a lathe? If so, you can make a simple die pretty easily. If not, do you have a friend with one, or your gunsmith? If you don't have an arbor press, you can use a large vise to power the operation. Do your cases have a groove ahead of the rim, if not you may have to file or turn one, to avoid closing the primer pocket/ flash hole.
Mike

No lathe. Do not have a local smith or friends with lathes. Will keep looking around for a solution. I have plenty of other projects I can complete.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rudybollo,
I understand. I only had a vise, grinder and drill press, for many years. It just got to the point that I couldn't do what I wanted to do unless I acquired and learned to use better equipment. You are the only one that can decide what is most important to you.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rudybollo,

I am only 20 miles from the WI, MN border straight west of Stillwater.

Not sure where you are located in WI but I load 28ga on a Mec Jr and we might be able to resize the 24 ga stuff in the sizer on the press. If that doesn't work I have a small (9") lathe and drill mill and we can probably conjure up something that would work.

Might be worth the drive depending how far you are into WI.

WBLDon

Sidelock
Sidelock

WBLDon,
That is very nice of you, good show.
Mike

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: WBLDon
Rudybollo,

I am only 20 miles from the WI, MN border straight west of Stillwater.

Not sure where you are located in WI but I load 28ga on a Mec Jr and we might be able to resize the 24 ga stuff in the sizer on the press. If that doesn't work I have a small (9") lathe and drill mill and we can probably conjure up something that would work.

Might be worth the drive depending how far you are into WI.

WBLDon

Oops! Guess I need to update my profile. I am in Baton Rouge, LA now. But thanks so much for the offer. Even though I did live in Manitowoc, WI, I was always up for a road trip.. But LA to MN is a bit of a stretch!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rudybollo,

What! we are just up the river a bit from you! LOL Put the boat on the Mississippi, point it north and go. Ya can't miss us.....

Take care and good luck with your project. I am still wondering if a Mec Jr could be used to resize the cases with a little Imperial Sizing Wax...

Don

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Don:
I would use a Lee handloader if I could find one in 28 gauge. I have the requisite leather mallet and dowel rods!

Sidelock
Sidelock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MRC-Mequon-Reloading-Lee-28-Ga-Gauge-2-3-4-Shotshell-Loader-Reloader-Kit/323087159396?hash=item4b397ed064:g:GdUAAOSwOFBai4uq

Copy and paste entire link

Mike

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.