April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 835 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,840
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hey Folks im new here. I have a handful of SXS. I love them im just learning here and beginning.

As the post title says ive got a A&F 28 ga. With a blownout barrel. Ive seen a thread here with a few diffrent sleeve jobs. Ive talked to merrington and little..? They may become my only options but I just wanted to ask if someone else could do the job. Since I will be for the most part destroying the value of this gun I dont wanna spend a ton doing it. So please let me know of anyone that might be an option.

IDEALLY I would love to find a set of barrels for this gun. Ive contacted evryo e I could think of imcluding griffin and howe and the europe gun forums. So of you guys have a set of 28 ga. Zoli Rizzini barrels i. The closet Im in the market. Thanks for all the help.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome to the forum! I've not researched sleeving companies so I'm not much help there

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome, Patrick. You may find that a sleeving job is not reasonable for your gun. In addition, Aaron has announced that he is not taking any more jobs on, and is moving in a different "direction".

Being patient and scouring for another set of barrels may be your best bet. Besides, there are lots of other fish in the sea. wink

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe Briley does it as well?

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

My guess would be that sooner or later, you can find another Z-R 28ga, and it will turn out to be less expensive than sleeving the one you have now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Patrick, welcome to Doublegunshop bbs. Don't buy guns with blown out barrels...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

The biggest Issue is finding tubes. The cost will be $2-3,000. There just isn't a reliable, cost effective source of any gauge or length of tubes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome to the site.

1. What George said.

2. With a blown barrel, the gun you have has value only for parts or if you can find another set. In other words, next to no value. So, don't think you'll be destroying its value if you get a new barrel sleeved to it.
That said, the comments upthread reminding us of the extreme cost of sleeving - if and when (a) there is a craftsman to do it and (b) it can be done - are useful. They also point out that, if you should be able to get it done, you're almost certain to be underwater on the gun if and when you come around to selling it.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Im in this thing for nothing. Aaron (I believe) told me I could sleeve just the one barrel. The wood, action, etc. Is pretty darn nice. I dont have it in me to walk away from this thing. I read a thread here that showed several sleeve jobs. I know there arent 50 guys that do it, but surley 10? Who else could I talk to? Any ideas on trackung down a set of barrels?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Get hold of Toby Barclay. He can take the gun back to England and have it done for a reasonable price. I know someone who did it and there was a good savings. Others here may know how to contact him. He does post on this board and comes to the United States a couple of times a year for the major shooting events.

So many guns, so little time!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.