Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Got back from Pennsylvania last night. Lots of snow and cold makes for a very White Christmas for the family, but it still would have been fun just to get out and walk with a birdgun (even if it was just force of habit). Evidently, folks now pay real-money to stand in a super-refrigerated room (in warmer climes obviously) just to treat various afflictions? It supposedly re-sets your autonomous functions in your central nervous system, amongst other things. Seems a bit silly to me, but what do I know? I like to do it because it reminds me now of people and places long-gone. I like the sounds and smells and the memories it still elicits. It gives me a unique perspective that I don't seem to otherwise find (it also gets me out of a small house, full of adolescents).

This year was a bit different, however...

Last edited by Lloyd3; 01/02/18 02:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lloyd;
Good to see your ML'er actually looks like a ML'er & not a 700
Rem or similar. What, no variable power scope & a flinter, no less. Surely this is a posed shot with a prop gun, no self respecting ML'er would hunt with a gun like that anymore.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice buck. Despite 2-piper's modernistic bent, I respect your choice of hardware...Geo

Yes, I know Miller was kiddin'

Nine point with a side-kicker?

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 01/02/18 03:11 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's all you're allowed in PA this time of year. Good shooting Lloyd.

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Treb! Finally got my money's worth out of an out-of-state deer tag there.

Mr. Newbern: you are very perceptive. He's a 9-pointer (well formed 8 with one out the back). Easily the biggest buck I've ever killed.
Pennsylvania mandates a "primitive" form of muzzleloading for most of the season there. I guess the in-line stuff can now be used in a very restricted time-frame earlier in the year?

This was the during the ride back to Cleveland Hopkins yesterday. Eight degrees below zero here (in Kinzua country).

Last edited by Lloyd3; 01/02/18 03:58 PM.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hunted in the first PA Flintlock season, (and many since), with the same TC Hawken Rifle as pictured. Always was glad PA has kept the flintlock season rather than open it up to inlines.
A time of the year for real men to hunt with a real rifle.
Way to go Lloyd.

Sidelock
Sidelock

come on ....a decent flinter would have a gun with a buck horn rear site and brass front blade..not that modernistic click adjustable crap.....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's see your deer.....

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its still an open iron sight and yea, let's see your deer you got with your flinter.

Love that pic Lloyd. smile

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know, I know...this gun was a Christmas gift from a young women I was seeing many years ago (35 now? Bless her for knowing me so-well). We did not marry, but I do remember her fondly. It's the only left-handed version flinter that I've ever run-across that was semi-affordable (an Italian-made Charles Daily). I was at Dixon's Muzzleloaders near Allentown just last summer and I could see investing in a bit-nicer version someday. Being a southpaw has limited my options to having one commissioned to fit my needs exactly (swamped barrel, minimal furniture, etc.) but until then this one seems to serve my needs quite nicely.

Talk about climate-change (!), yet another tough January day here in Colorado:

Last edited by Lloyd3; 01/02/18 07:57 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.