March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 829 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
2 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rice, black-eyed peas and left over fresh pork ham from CHRISTmas for us this afternoon. For those uneducated, black-eyed peas and rice is referred to as "Hoppin' John".

Geo, maybe you're having them this way, but if not, have you ever had turnips and b.e. peas cooked together? There's a restaurant in Millen that serves it year 'round. Very, very good with some pepper vinegar sprinkled over them.

I love New Year's Day. Shoot ...............I love every day. SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/01/18 10:14 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy New Year!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mired deep in this region dominated by "Tex-Mex" cuisine , I never the less let my Southern ancestry once again command me to prepare a " big bait " of Collards and lean meat ( smoked left overs from the big Christmas ham saved for this express purpose) ..... It is an annual tradition in this ranch kitchen......

A second pot contained the last bag of fresh frozen Blackeyed peas in the freezer. Accompanied it with a big round of iron skillet corn bread and our New year is also off to a GOOD start

Happy New Year To All

Stan, that Turnips and Peas cooked together has my Attention....

Last edited by mel5141; 01/01/18 09:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm going to go by a Vietnam vet buddy's house asap and requisition a fresh mess of turnips from his winter garden to mix in with the rest of those black-eyes. I think a mess of bacon will go good with them for supper, and some of that cast-iron skillet cornbread you mentioned.

All my best Paul, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James Flynn
Ya'll have a Happy New Year from the deep south where we have been invaded once again by Yankee, freezing cold weather. It won't get above freezing all week.

Tough for a gentle flower of the South. It's so cold, my shot columns freeze when they leave the muzzle. However, it's easy to get the limit of doves, as they are frozen on the ground so it's like picking up pecans.

All the best,

James

Up here they're frozen in mid air so you just pluck them right out of the air.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Treblig suh, ah believe that you are dallying with prevarication, and would deeply appreciate more honest responses following my esteemed example of veracity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Flynn,

I did not mean to offend in any way nor would I intentionally try to mislead you but I can duly attest to these most peculiar of circumstances.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Treblig

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Treblig, suh,

Please accept my apologies and understand that ah rate your veracity and unswerving detail of the truth on par with my own pursuit of accuracy and sincerity. Ah accept your word as coming from a truly, honorable gentleman.

James Flynn,

Direct descendant of the late, Col Foghorn Leghorn

Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy frigid new year. It's been successful year for The Great Leader too: appointment of Neil Gorsuch, sales of weapons to Saudi Arabia and Eastern Europeans, tax cuts which hopefully MAY prove beneficial,......I'm looking forward to better years ahead. I like the way he handled issue of the Dreamers and immigration reform leaving it to those that can't tie their shoes (US Congress) and move of embassy from TelAviv to Jerusalem for next term. You know, when they done voting for him, brilliant. Nice moves on the chess board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Rice, black-eyed peas and left over fresh pork ham from CHRISTmas for us this afternoon. For those uneducated, black-eyed peas and rice is referred to as "Hoppin' John".

Geo, maybe you're having them this way, but if not, have you ever had turnips and b.e. peas cooked together? There's a restaurant in Millen that serves it year 'round. Very, very good with some pepper vinegar sprinkled over them.

I love New Year's Day. Shoot ...............I love every day. SRH

Stan, you are talking about turnip GREENS, not turnips aren't you? Love me some greens but them bitter turnip roots leave me cold. Oh, and try substituting white acre peas for black eyed peas in your rice. In my opinion, much better!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.