April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (smlekid, Kolar Dickson, canvasback, SKB, 1 invisible), 1,252 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
HomelessjOe #50083 07/27/07 08:20 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I guess he's not going to tell us who he had trouble with. Now, every person who places ads in DGJ is suspect. Oh well.

HomelessjOe #50090 07/27/07 09:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If there is something that I did not see, I return the shipping.

You guys gave me great ideas, since you expect the dealer to return postage for misrepresentation (which I agree) I am now going to expect people who send me guns to buy to pay return postage for misrepresentation. I guess you will agree with me and have not problem with this issue. I have not done it in the past but sound like you would approve.

Thanks,

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
arrieta2 #50092 07/27/07 09:29 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sound good.

-Shoot Straight, IM
arrieta2 #50101 07/27/07 10:17 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
"If there is something that I did not see, I return the shipping."

Then your are doing the right thing and will continue to thrive in the business.

"You guys gave me great ideas, since you expect the dealer to return postage for misrepresentation (which I agree) I am now going to expect people who send me guns to buy to pay return postage for misrepresentation. I guess you will agree with me and have not problem with this issue. I have not done it in the past but sound like you would approve."

Of course no problem with that,if that gun was sent to you with evident damage that was not disclosed after asking then the seller should be ready to pay the freight back.

Thanks,

John

Last edited by Dave K; 07/27/07 10:20 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
arrieta2 #50112 07/27/07 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
You guys gave me great ideas, since you expect the dealer to return postage for misrepresentation (which I agree) I am now going to expect people who send me guns to buy to pay return postage for misrepresentation. I guess you will agree with me and have not problem with this issue. I have not done it in the past but sound like you would approve

Absolutely, it has to be a 2 way street.

Buzzbee #50120 07/27/07 01:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Been reading this thread w/interest. I read often but seldon post but this one got my jucies flowing. I was discussing a gun recently with a dealer from the Guns American located in Conn.I required 3 day inspection period and we exchaged email concerning this as well as phone calls. See his reply when i told him to keep the gun if not a 3 day period" and i must say it has never taken me more that 2mins. to decide if i liked a gun or not i can build a motorcycle in three days i does not take that long to look over a gun open it close it look down the brls check the wood and look at the brls test the triggers done 2 mins" This was an LC Smith specility grade with the #7 serial number made in 1946. May still be advertised. Has a VH for 1295 now- does not states steel or wooden barrels

One more who advertises this great well know gunsmith that does his work in Guns American should be avoided. I will not be biten twice.

But Safari, Cabelas, Dawson and others has delivered as advertised, no issues.

Benny Kirkham
HomelessjOe #50366 07/29/07 09:33 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I told the board in an earlier post on this topic that I would keep you guys posted as per my latest transaction that had gone wrong, here is the scoop: I ordered a Gulla Mod. 216 from Harry Marx, Hi Grade Imports. Ginger, the person who helped me was very intelligent and knew all of the gun lingo such as, Purdey, Boss and Holland and Holland engraving. She also described the checkering using tech lingo such as "crossover", Etc. I asked her in an e-mail how the bores were, she replied, "The Bores are Clean". I bought the gun and as soon as I checked the barrels I saw a large black spot, half-way up on the bottom of the #1 (right) barrel. I felt like I had been kicked in the gut. I hoped that it was just fouling and took an oversized brush and several patched to it. After 10 milutes of scrubbing the blemish still remained. I looks like a crater, How it got there, I don't know. The only thing I can figure out is that the barrel was defective to begin with. I phoned Ginger and she admitted that she never really checked the bore! I asked for a full refund, including return freight and my FFl Transfer expense, which I promptly received yesterday. I must say I wasa pleased about getting my money back with no hassle, but not pleased with the inaccurate description. Thank you for the prompt and Courteous refund Harry Marx! I hope that other dealers will follow suit and please make sure the info is accurate, it saves everyone a lot of money!

-Shoot Straight, IM
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.