Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's definitely not an homage to a certain "sans dwelling" contrib[_]tor. wink

The dog hooked a toe [_]nder the [_] key on this laptop, and popped the [_] key off.

I'll have it fixed next week.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One thing which doesn't ring quite true is the emphasis the article places on inherited wealth as the primary means of access to game shooting.Whilst its no doubt true that titled folk may shoot regularly,and in some pretty spectacular places too,there are many of us "ordinary" chaps get out too. Paid days are available all over the country for driven pheasant together with a few for grouse. Providing you choose where, in accordance with your wallet, the shooting is there to be had. If you can shoot at short notice the invitations will come flooding in to make up the numbers .Personally I prefer pigeon shooting which is free and I think much more challenging. Flight line pigeons in a stiff breeze gives some of the finest shooting to be had in the UK and many who shoot pheasant and grouse will agree.

As our language becomes impoverished,,our thinking shrinks to fit.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Are there hunts like that in Britain where you pay a landowner for a day and go on his property and hunt birds with your dog?

Or use his dogs and maybe a guide or worker there.

Probably not with YOUR dog if you're coming from outside the UK. There are very strict quarantine rules for bringing animals into the country. Can you do a walk-up hunt with a guide (beater) and his dog over there? Yes. You can even go on a walk-up shoot for the same red grouse discussed in the article. A "rough shooting" day over there--talking pheasants and partridge, not red grouse--is not really all that expensive. Compare it to a day at a fancy lodge in SD, where you can't kill any more than 5 pheasants. Other than the cost of getting there, the rough shooting day in the UK will almost certainly be less expensive. If you're over there already for other purposes--vacation or work--not hard to arrange something like that if it's shooting season.

It all reminds me of the movie "The Shooting Party" in which someone opposed to hunting confronts the owner of the shoot (James Mason, in his last film)--who points out that the birds likely wouldn't be there if it were not for the effort and expense to which he goes to have them there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So basically you can go up to a farmer and ask if you can hunt his land.

Correct?

Sidelock
Sidelock

yes,,you can do that,though it may only be some rough shooting for rabbits etc. There may already be people shooting there,,a syndicate for example,, so you may just get permission for pigeons . Its all down to putting the hours in,touring the area and knocking on doors. Alternatively,if anyone is visiting the UK at the right time of year I would be more that willing to offer a few hours pigeon shooting as an introduction to what we have here.

As our language becomes impoverished,,our thinking shrinks to fit.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

The dog hooked a toe [_]nder the [_] key on this laptop, and popped the [_] key off.

Shouldn't let the dam dog use the computer....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll carry a few cases of Guinness Extra Stout around foe insurance purposes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunut
Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

Shouldn't let the dam dog use the computer....

What you mean, his dog can type faster than he can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To get back to original topic the situation with animal loving anti-hunting groups are on the rise in other parts of Europe. They do try to get in the way of organized hunts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Another reason to leave USA and live in EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0BTdo6qGwo

SRH

Thank you very much. The nice thing is I can still post on here w/o any changes to my email or sign on info. I may even be able to dig up some info on double guns and combination guns made in places like Silesia,.....and places like Pozen, Breslau, Danzig,.... You will see it will be great.

It will be really great for the guys who work at Cabela's and the other gun stores where you drool on the counter tops and display cases and put guns on Layaway that you never actually buy. But it will be a bad time for gun shops in the EU.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.