May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (dearmer, claydog, Dan R, 3 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,510
Posts545,655
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
HomelessjOe #49703 07/25/07 09:49 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear about one in the trade that responded like that. He should of said he was sorry for the error. Naturally you should always take advantage of the 3 day inspection.

JOhn Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
arrieta2 #49714 07/25/07 11:02 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

HOmeless, Bullseye Sporting Arms is in the liar category. Ivory Beads sold me a shotgun as, "Brand New, Never Fired". It was fired. I don't name names to get even, but people should know who is honest and who isn't. I wished someone had tipped me off to Bullseye, they told me the gun was in good working order, and I asked every question in the book. it came with the top lever left of center, off face and paper-thin barrels. The Ivory Beads gun was nothing that I couldn't live with, but they were not forthright either. I currently have a situation with another dealer, I will let the board know if he does the right thing and refunds my shipping and FFL charges. After this I think I am done with used guns. It's too bad that people have to resort to deception to sell something. They get no further ahead and just buy themselves bad publicity. The actions of greedy and desperate men.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have bought a couple guns on-line and a couple on this BB. The two from dealers (everyone here would recognize the names) were NOT as described. One which was said to be "unfired" was filthy inside with powder scum and plastic but otherwise OK. The other was said to be choked mod/full and the first thing I looked at when I opened it was Imp/Mod stamped on the barrel flats. When I called the guy he went into a full-scale BS spin about constriction, his work with a bore mic., patterning, etc (beware of dealers in Rhode Island). The guns I have purchased from guys here were exactly as described.

CParker #49718 07/25/07 11:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do not be so quick to say that a gun is not new when it could be. I have several new Berettas that came direct from Beretta that have quite a bit of residue inside the bbls. Also Arrieta and AYA guns, same. If I was an uninformed comsumer, I would think these we used too. But they are not. So might be ok.

PS. I have puchased several new cars that had from 30-75 miles on them, should I have called them used?

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
CParker #49719 07/25/07 11:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I can't make the round trip - I won't commit - no matter what.
It'd take a very special gun to get me into the van again.
In my early days I bought a English name sounding gun, sold to me as an English gun....it was Belgian!
The gun went back!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 07/25/07 11:36 AM.
arrieta2 #49721 07/25/07 11:43 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The dirty gun referenced above was a Beretta. The crap I swabbed out of the barrels was identical the the crap I swab out of my guns when I get home from shooting. So maybe I'm an "uninformed consumer" or maybe I'm a guy who's cleaned a lot of gun barrels that have been fired. If I were a dealer I might think about cleaning up my unfired Berettas before sending them to customers... just to avoid confusion.

75 miles I can live with, a butt in the ash tray rubs me the wrong way.

CParker #49722 07/25/07 11:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a guy I work with try to buy a Hyundai for his daughter. They selected the car from the database, 'prepped' it and pulled it around and it had 5,000 miles on it. He said, "Is this a new car?" and they told him "Yes sir! It's a 2007!"

GregSY #49741 07/25/07 01:24 PM

The dealers are in business to make a profit and some dealers akin to make more than they should and those will also turn their back on their moral values.
As for Joe’s encounter with this dealer, I feel the item was misrepresented from the start and I believe the dealer intentionally took advantage of the circumstances, while he (the dealer) exposed to no risk and at the expanse of his customer, he press on the merchandise as in good condition hoping to get away with his calculated oversight. That said, I believe this dealer is dishonest businessman and should be avoid by the shoppers.
I’ve purchased many guns online, both new and used, form private and dealers. Fortunately, I only had one bad experience, in my case the stock dimension was misrepresented and was put right by replacing the recoil pad. I also purchased a gun from Ivory Beads not too long ago that did not work out and they did refund it in whole including the shipping one way. I did lose out on the return freight charge but that is acceptable in my book. Just as I don’t expect a local retailer should reimburse my gas or the wear and tear on my truck if involved returning to the store for refund or exchange of merchandise.

Buzzbee #49745 07/25/07 01:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have about weened myself from buying on line as well. Fortunately I shoot with a group that includes three or four dealers who specialize in quality SXS's and rifles. There is nothing quite like picking up and taking down a gun for oneself.

A recent bad experience was a Lindner in "outstanding" condition with "absolutely nothing wrong with this gun." Upon receipt it had a badly rebuilt head and had been converted from pistol grip, probably during reconstruction, to English configuration. Was able to get my money back, but not the shipping.

There are some good guys out there. I will give an endorsement for Thad Scott to anyone. He has always taken the time to walk me through any gun thoroughly over the phone, and the one I did have to return to him didn't take place until three months after purchase. It was a 7x57r drilling, that looked fabulous, but upon finally getting to the range, I discovered it had been drilled out to 7mm Von Hoff by some idiot (chamber walls were paper thin). Thad took it back immediately with sincere appologies for not catching the conversion. I highly recommend his operation.

Joe Taylor #49752 07/25/07 02:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

HjO, you weren't kidding about the rib. It is obvious this damage was down before the refinish on the barrels. I would have sent it back too.
I frequent his website often, but not anymore...

Talk to you soon,
CFWs

Ps. I still think the barrels were shortened...

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.