March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, SKB, Little Creek, 2 invisible), 790 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Terry, but my mind is set on a 32" or longer barreled gun. I would love to see it, but don't want you to go to the trouble just for that. I will definitely be stopping by the LAC booth to speak to you and Daryl. And, I will either bring an empty case or I will have it shipped to me after the show. Haven't determined that yet.

If I find two pigeon guns that fit my specs, Bryan, I will just have more to choose from!!

Thanks all, SRH

Last edited by Stan; 12/06/17 08:28 AM. Reason: clarification

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Terry,

I would like to see the Reilly pigeon gun.I will be in Vegas Thursday and Friday.

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

Is this show still the best one in the States to look for a high condition and quality 12 bore S x S hammer pigeon gun, or has it become just another conglomeration of black guns and militaria? I really would appreciate feedback from those of you who go each year, regarding this specific search.

Thanks all, SRH

Stan, I 1980, I did something to make God angry so He made me live in Vegas for four years. During my penance, I attended the Antiques And Custom Gun Makers shows annually and enjoyed each and every one of them. I have returned several times since and enjoyed the Antique shows. No junk, no machine gunners, none of those things I suspect we both stay away from due to lack of interest. An area rarely discussed is the fine people you'll meet there.

In 2010 I met a tall thin beauty with skin the color of anthracite. When she told her family she was going to a gun show they all warned her it would be full of racist rednecks who would treat her like crap. When she came back to Atlanta, she told them all how wonderfully she had been treated by strangers in a strange city. The Southern was even better. Had to throttle her back, though. She found a twenty guage Syracuse LeFever for only $20,000 and was miffed when I said no way!

You'll meet the finest group of people you've ever known at that show and enjoy it immensely, especially since they've moved it from the Riviera, which she described as an old age home for fleas. As a side note, she has conquered her lust for a twenty guage LeFever. The bad news is she's discovered Lindners.

Have fun Stan. Hope you'll what you're looking for but if not, just enjoy the show.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Cary. I'm sure I will.

All my best, SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, S x S 40, I'll have the Reilly under the table. I should set up around noon on Thursday.

Cary, although it is far from a high grade Syracuse 20, I just bought a Lindner made (Daly marked), D M Lefever side cocker patent 10 gauge. I suppose finding one in AA grade might tie your lady's interests together!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Terry,
Do you still have that Reilly 10 bore I parted with several years ago?
Best Regards,
JBP
FYI , I bought my Lindner hammer Diamond 10 & sidecocker at the Bienfield show years ago. Great show and lots of good restaurants!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I need to talk with you J.B., about the good restaurants.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's been a few years since my last visit, so I'm not up to what's currently available, but if you're into red meat, Craftsteak ( Mandalay Bay) and Prime ( Bellagio) were excellent . So many options ..... ask some of the vendors at the show, great opportunity to start a conversation and begin negotiations on that pigeon gun you're looking for!!
Best Regards,
JBP

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.B.Patton
if you're into red meat,.....

Oh yeah, definitely. Unless the progressives have now declassified beef to be some other category of food.

Thank you. Hope to see you there.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm pondering between Craftsteak and Emeril's Delmonico...haven't been to either one but how can you go wrong?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.