April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Momslefever, Fudd, fab500), 465 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,159
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

What are the mechanics of purchasing a gun at the show if you are from out of state?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For fine doubles:
First: cash
Second: trade material and cash.
YRMV
Best Regards,
JBP

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went last year and had a great time. Lots of guns to choose from

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since I am retiring on the 6th of January I might actually get to attend this year!! I have been only twice in the past but each time was really an experience. On one trip a buddy of mine who went with me while our wives went shopping in Vegas got fitted by Dale Tate (?) for one of the Bill Hanus Birdguns (at least I think that was how they were marketed) in 16 gauge and it is still his primary bird gun today. I passed on the deal and have regretted it since, but I have made many good deals since so I can live with it!! Hope to see some of you there. My first time there I met Wonko!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tamid:

1. Move with the rest of the snow birds to Arizona

2. Nevada has an "adjacent state" provision with AZ. You may purchase a long gun from/through a FFL in Nevada as an AZ resident. You may not purchase a long gun from a private individual in NV as an AZ resident.

3. Otherwise the long gun must be transferred through a NV FFL to a FFL in your (U.S.) state.

4. No clue as to how to get the long gun to Canada...or Kalifornia

PL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Vegas is the best vintage gun show in the US in my opinion. I have been going for 20+ years and have been very pleased with what I have sold and what I have purchased. There is more money walking this show looking for guns of all types than any other gun show I have attended. The debate on its decline and demise starts about this time every year and I think it pure nonsense. The only time I am unhappy with this show is on the plane ride home realizing it is 364 days until the next one.

Patrick

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all the comments on the quality of the show.

Now, a logistical question. When you fly out to Vegas for the show with the intention of buying, do you carry an empty airline case with you, so that you can fly the gun home with you? Do you buy one there, after the gun is yours?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I purchased a pre-1898 hammergun from one of the exhibitors in Vegas, I had him ship the gun directly to me. Had it been a modern gun I would have had him send it to my FFL holder.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, do you want me to bring the Reilly bar in wood pigeon gun? My table is with the Lefever Arms Collectors, so easy to find.

I think I've made the last ten years after missing perhaps forty five. I don't recall ever seeing airline compatible cases for sale, so I suggest you bring an empty. Always lots of temptation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I plan on bringing an empty case. When you're flying SW and get 2 bags for free, why not? Good flight cases are expensive and not always easy to find. I will bring one that will fit 2 long guns. Stan you might find TWO live pigeon guns. That would cost you! smile

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.