April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Mills, Wild Skies, SKB, steve f, gasgunner, Ken Georgi), 657 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,263
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

— the loons.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well stan, you continue to launch provocative missiles in my direction...but seem to object when i fling them back at you...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

argo, i do enjoy selling...thanks for the kind words...nothing pleases me more than hearing from a satisfied customer...

would love to discuss politics and social issues here, but alas they are considered off topic...i will say that i have been a fan of donald trump since the mid eighties...and am in agreement with his views and agenda...

Last edited by ed good; 12/01/17 10:15 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Keith, while not being critical of your holding Ed to account at all, sounds like Argo picked a perfect word to describe some of the posts.

"Sharply critical" - Yup!
"Cutting" - Yup!
"Snide" - Yup!

So what's the problem? Would you really disagree?

James, I already said that I disagree in my previous post, and I took the time to explain myself. And I didn't say that I had a problem with that observation, even though I continue to disagree with it. I know that you admire Argo for his contributions here with his collection of E.M. Reilly history and serial numbers, and his very useful compilation of translations of French-English firearms terminology. I admire those efforts as well, and have even contributed to the latter. You and I both know that Ed Good and his posts have been a huge net negative on this board. He offers next to nothing of value, frequently provides incorrect information, and he has been a constant source of anti-gun Trolling. I don't know of anyone who has had his posting privileges suspended as many times as Ed, do you? He did as much as he could to disrupt the "Preserve The Second Amendment Thread-Informational" that Dave Weber had pinned to the very top of the Thread Subjects List, until Dave finally let it fade into obscurity. When Ed Good contacted me by PM and I had him convinced that I was King Brown, posting under another user name, with the goal of getting Dave to eliminate the Misfires forum by fomenting constant disruptions, he was enthusiastic about it. Ed has transcended far beyond being an annoyance and a source of frequently incorrect double-gun information.

I'm glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read this:

Originally Posted By: Argo44
...Ed is intelligent, probably sitting in a NH village and needing some intellectual company.

But then, in the same paragraph, he goes on to repeat his previous observation that Ed is indeed a Troll:

As for his politics, he trolls and the stuff he trolls is as stupid as trolls are but apparently satisfies a need of some sort for some reason. Nuff said. If Ed trolls politics…give him Hell as Truman said….

He has even made the observation that he feels Jagermeister may actually be Ed posting under another user name. I can understand that theory since there are similarities, but I think Jagermeister is a totally different Troll.

I guess I have done exactly what Argo said pertaining to Ed's politics, and "give him Hell as Truman said…." But when I follow his own advice, that seems to bother him, And he has said, in other threads, that I have contributed nothing of value here. I note that he had nothing to say about that assessment that I provide nothing of value here when treblig1958 was kind enough to provide him with several very recent examples while I was away deer hunting for a couple days. And it now seems apparent that once again, he chooses to categorize me in this manner:

— Then there are the ranters and insulters - They are the drunks in the bar who have an opinion about everything or nothing.

Would you categorize that as "snarkiness" too James? I'm just curious. It does seem to fit the definition you provided. I'll just have to find a way to live with the snarkiness that is often directed toward me, because I have no plans to change how I respond to anti-gun Trolls.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

keit has once again trashed what was a fine double gun thread, with a little help from stan and argo...too bad...

Last edited by ed good; 12/01/17 10:23 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
argo, i do enjoy selling...thanks for the kind words...nothing pleases me more than hearing from a satisfied customer...

And maybe it would be informative to Argo to provide him with some examples of how Ed responds with threats to his dissatisfied customers... colorful enough to precipitate at least one of his suspensions. It is fortunate that he was lucky enough to buy one of those consignment guns that had no obvious problems. We all know what would have happened if Argo had wished to return it after the standard 3 day non-firing inspection.

Would you care to tell us what things Stan or I have said that you can honestly refute Ed? My opinion of you has always been based solely upon your own words and actions.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith...I admit there are fraudsters out there and businessmen. There are likely very few people ever involved with business for more than 3 months who could pass a government polygraph. You all know who he is...I've a very short experience. Except I do know who he is. I did mention the "Brooklyn Bridge." So we're pretty close in our assessment. Still, salesmen. marketeers, advertisers, frontmen, conmen can be charming...the movies are filled with them starting with "The Sting" - otherwise why would they be there. If you guys got hurt it's good reason for retribution. When I discovered I was talking to "Ed" I took a "chance." I was more than pleased with the result. one point on a graph, admittedly.

Last edited by Argo44; 12/01/17 10:40 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

keit: i cannot stop you from attacking me personally, but i can certainly defend my relationship and reputation with my customers...following is link to my current gunbroker feedback:

http://www.gunbroker.com/a/feedback/profile/128526

and keit, do you have any positive feedback from anyone, anywhere? based upon the negative, mean and borish persona that you exhibit here, it is doubtful...

Sidelock
Sidelock

et tu argo?

and speaking of movies, this thread now reminds me of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"...cept in this version, nurse ratched, ie dave, has gone on a long vacation.. and the inmates are now running the ward...

https://putlockerss.cc/watch/one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-hd-720p.html

Last edited by ed good; 12/01/17 11:38 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith...I admit there are fraudsters out there and businessmen. There are likely very few people ever involved with business for more than 3 months who could pass a government polygraph. You all know who he is...I've a very short experience. Except I do know who he is. I did mention the "Brooklyn Bridge." So we're pretty close in our assessment. Still, conmen can be charming...the movies are filled with them starting with "The Sting."

Thanks for that very reasonable reply. I have no plans to purchase any guns from Ed, based upon the very real feedback that I have read from some of his dissatisfied customers here over the years. Ed will never post a link to those! I'm more concerned with Ed's anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric, and his disingenuous attempts to portray himself as something vastly different than what he is and does. Some of us have a very real interest in the fitting of orphan barrels, and some of us have actual experience doing it, or wish to learn about more about it. I don't feel that was Ed's motivation for participating at all, based upon prior interactions with him.

Interesting to note how Ed edited his remarks to include you, along with Stan and I, as responsible for trashing this thread. Strange behavior indeed, when you say he has actually admitted to being a Troll here. That's exactly what I mean when I say he is only interested in creating a persona that has no basis in reality. Unfortunately, he isn't alone.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.