May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Lloyd3, Steve Nash, Replacement), 202 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,545
Posts546,123
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Philip's Gunsmithing 210-313-5988

Philip Crenwelge, and I agree with Bill. He's the man for triggers. Wish I lived closer so I didn't have to ship stuff to him.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

He's going on a hunt in Oklahoma so he must live out west somewhere. Hopefully close to Texas.

Good luck Coosa. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm far from knowing much about Beretta triggers, from the picture , the pendulum moves back the block moves back and allows the block that goes under the sear tails to move side to side. If both hammers are cocked , and you move the barrel selector back and forth it kind of does the same thing without the pendulum moving. Pull the trigger, then pull back on the pendulum. That should shift the block over. Whether that makes sense or not , that;s my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

It's an expensive way to get parts, but I wonder if the double triggers from something like a GR2 or 425 could be made to work in a 626? Then put the 626 single trigger into the donor gun as a backup.

coosa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
It's an expensive way to get parts, but I wonder if the double triggers from something like a GR2 or 425 could be made to work in a 626? Then put the 626 single trigger into the donor gun as a backup.

I have wondered if something like that could work. So does Beretta not sell parts for guns as old as a GR2 or a 425? My hope was that parts could still be bought for these guns and someone could adapt a trigger assembly from one of them to my gun. I have a 425 and I would sacrifice it to convert the 626. Unfortunately, the only thing that would possibly work would be the triggers themselves; the trigger guard is totally different.

I thought my best chance might be a DT assembly from something like a 686. If Beretta ever made any DT gun with a trigger guard the same size as my gun I would think it's possible. If they never made one the same size, it may be hopeless.

Mark II, your explanation makes sense and I have already tried that repeatedly. Nothing let's the block move over unless I manually move the barrel selector.

By the way, I live in AL, so I can't just drop by a gun shop in TX; it will have to be shipped somewhere unless my local guy can fix it. And I suppose I can give up on taking a sxs to OK. I have a Super Black Eagle that is very functional, but it has no soul.

Thanks for all the replies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In Europe most 626s are double triggers, so there should be parts for the conversion at some dealers or Beretta itself.

Seeing that the system is not resetting itself, yet it can be manually changed to the second barrel, it seems that something is blocking the inertia block from moving back under recoil. Check if you can freely move the inertia block back. A worn pin, or some debris trapped somewhere under the block might be the problem.

The inertia system is so simple that it cannot be anything major.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can you get the trigger to reset if you pull the trigger and then thump the butt of the gun on the floor to simulate recoil? Given that we're now into colder weather and that you were shooting clay targets, I'm wondering whether maybe a combination of heavier than normal clothing and loads lighter than you'd use when hunting ducks means that the trigger isn't getting enough of a recoil bump to make it work. Or did you try the gun with heavier hunting loads to see if that makes a difference?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Philip's Gunsmithing
Philip Crenwelge
210-313-5988

coosa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover
In Europe most 626s are double triggers, so there should be parts for the conversion at some dealers or Beretta itself.

Seeing that the system is not resetting itself, yet it can be manually changed to the second barrel, it seems that something is blocking the inertia block from moving back under recoil. Check if you can freely move the inertia block back. A worn pin, or some debris trapped somewhere under the block might be the problem.

The inertia system is so simple that it cannot be anything major.

Thanks for the really great info that a DT 626 does indeed exist. You have just given me a quest. The block will freely move back, but it doesn't do anything that I can see to pick up the other barrel. I got a return call from my local gunsmith this morning and carried the gun to him. He said he would do his best to fix it before my hunt, but parts might keep him from being able to get it done by then.

coosa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Can you get the trigger to reset if you pull the trigger and then thump the butt of the gun on the floor to simulate recoil? Given that we're now into colder weather and that you were shooting clay targets, I'm wondering whether maybe a combination of heavier than normal clothing and loads lighter than you'd use when hunting ducks means that the trigger isn't getting enough of a recoil bump to make it work. Or did you try the gun with heavier hunting loads to see if that makes a difference?

No, nothing will reset it except moving the barrel selector. Bumping it on the floor was the first thing I tried, but no luck with that. I then fired a couple of 3" turkey shells, but it didn't help.

Hopefully it can get repaired in time for my hunt, but I'm also now hopeful that it will be a DT gun before next season.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll report back on what happens.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.