April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, R. Glenz), 365 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,170
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

How light are they? Most of the weights I've seen for Husqvarna 12s are at least 6.75 lbs. Simpson's has a few 310S in stock, all for less than $400 and all looking a bit tired. I'd love to learn more about this maker and their guns. The topic's still a bit bewildering to me.
Bill

Last edited by billwolfe; 11/08/17 09:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One might ask surprisingly relevant question. What do many American towns have in common? The answer is Walmart. Let us say a fella needed box of non-tox on the go. Walmart would likely carry Winchester Xpert Hight velocity steel shot at about $6 oer box of 25 (1oz of #6 or #7 at average near muzzle velocity of 1325 fps). This could be fired from right barrel of the VB which I would find comforting. This fact would be the final "nail in the coffin" of the Webley & Scott.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Did you ever own either of these guns Jagermeister?

Do you own any double shotguns at all?

How is the fit and handling qualities of the guns you lied to us about owning?

Didn't you tell us that you prefer short barrels because a short barreled gun makes you look taller?

Why do you feel the pathetic need to give advice on guns and things you have no actual experience with?

Life is grand. Please see topic "Double gun prices with soaring stocker prices...."

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would go with the Webley. I have both and both are great guns but I really really like the Webley better. You could save some money and get a fox pin gun or sterlingworth though and probably be happier

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did someone mentioned an Elio 12 ga?

I have a cased 2 bbl set available
Factory leather case

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having visited the Bernardelli factory when it was at it peak, and having dismantled both Bernardelli and W&B doubles my vote goes to the Bernardelli.

Both guns have dovetailed lump barrels. Both are based on the Anson-Deeley prototype. But.... the Bernardelli has a bolted stock which makes it owner serviceable. It passed proof at 1200 bar, it has chromed lined barrels, it has a replaceable cross (hinge) pin which makes action tightening easier. The Webley has a cross pin machined from the solid. It also has a through the grip screwed stock with all its attendant risks.

As for handling, find an Elio in 16 gasuge. It will be a revelation!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Maybe I'll hold out for an Elio in 16!

The 12 gauge 2-barrel set John has on offer is very appealing http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100895905 Wish it had two triggers....

I'll be taking my Darne 20 to the steel pattern plate at a gun club an hour south of town--my local club just doesn't seem to feel a board is worth the trouble or space. I'll be shooting RST 7/8 oz in 7.5 with and without spreaders and 1 oz loads from H&H (7.5) and Kent (English 6 bismuth). I'm curious to see how the 1-oz loads pattern after reading forever that 12s and 16s pattern "better" with that load while watching the market fill up with 20 gauge shells with ever higher payloads.

Last edited by billwolfe; 11/09/17 11:15 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, Bernies are nice in 16 . . . but you'll likely do a lot of looking before you find one. Way more 12's and 20's. True in particular if you're looking for a specific model.

Sidelock
Sidelock

John's gun is very nice.

Double triggers would get you nothing functionally with the skeet barrels, and not a lot with the IC/IM barrel set.

I bet 90% of the time you fire the open barrel first anyway.

My Bernie single trigger worked perfectly.

I'd be fine with it, but of course I ain't you.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jones, if you're thinking targets--say 5 stand or sporting clays, or even skeet if you're shooting it with a double trigger gun--being able to select tight barrel first can come in quite handy.

Bird hunting . . . that depends on species. I now live where there's a lot of grouse and woodcock hunting. I've never intentionally gone rear trigger first on a woodcock, and I can only recall doing it twice (in a lot of years!) on grouse. On the other hand, if you're a pheasant hunter . . . I don't often hunt in big groups, and always over dogs. Usually pretty good ones, mine or someone else's. So my shots may, on average, come closer than they do for other pheasant hunters. But in a pheasant gun, I like a lot of separation between the two chokes. One pheasant gun I'm using this year is skeet and full (005/035). On a pheasant hunt using a gun with just a bit less separation than that several years back, I intentionally went to the rear trigger first 3 times in a row, I think in about half an hour. Worked well on the first couple long shots. 3rd try, I was maybe a bit cocky and tried to stretch the tight barrel beyond my ability. But I find myself selecting tight barrel first relatively often on pheasants.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.