May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tim Wolf), 508 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I hate to say this but you are searching for something that is probably going to fly off the vendor's table as soon as the show opens. Chances of finding it before someone else is not good. You will be competing with the other exhibitors as well as Joe Public. Hammer pigeon guns have always been rare, are getting rarer and are one of the few specifications that are easy to sell nowadays.
If you don't want to waste time visiting shows, contact ALL the big dealers and make it clear you are VERY interested in the specific gun you require and have a budget of X. Be prepared to buy the first gun they offer you, they won't try again! Sadly you are going to be competing with people with very deep pockets who will buy whatever the dealer offers and sell it on if it's not what they want.
Most of the big boys will be able to place a gun such as you seek without ever laying hands on it, it will go pretty much direct from their supplier to the end user.
I work a little differently, I nearly always exhibit everything I restore at shows I attend but my business model is different as I have to bring everything in from the UK.
As said above, the Beinfeld show has nothing to do with black guns and cammo but it also has quite a few less big antique gun dealers than itdid in previous years. Some have ceased to exist and some have just stopped coming but the likes of Steve Barnett, Kirby Hoyt and, dare I say it, myself are still flying in to show our wares.
I wish you luck in your search.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks to all for your input. I'm not so hesitant to go now. I don't know exactly what my friend was referencing concerning the "military guys", but sounds like that isn't a problem.

Toby, I really appreciate the comments about the scarcity and desirability of what I want. I will keep that in mind, and if I do find what I want I will "buy it now", and look some more afterwards. If I find something better, I can always try to sell the other one. I have contacted most of the big dealers in hammer guns, and made clear exactly what I'm looking for. However, I need to keep in touch with them regularly so they know I am still on the hunt.

It's out there. It will turn up eventually if I'm diligent. If I do go to the show, and I plan to, I will be in the door looking the instant they open on the first day. In that regard ........ is Friday morning the earliest that spectators are allowed to go in?

Thanks again to all, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Toby Barclay
....If you don't want to waste time visiting shows, contact ALL the big dealers and make it clear you are VERY interested in the specific gun you require and have a budget of X....

That's what I thought from the beginning. Instead of a budget of X, it could be a budget of X plus two or three K if you skip the trip.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

If I do go to the show, and I plan to, I will be in the door looking the instant they open on the first day. In that regard ........ is Friday morning the earliest that spectators are allowed to go in?

Thanks again to all, SRH

Stan,

You can buy a Honored Guest pass for a ninety bucks and get in on dealer set up day - Thursday. That pass is good for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And you can get in the show early, the same time as dealers.

A lot of buying, selling and trading happen on Thursday between dealers and Honored Guests.

Your friend must have been thinking of some of the other Vegas gun shows. The Bienfeld January Antique gun show for the most part does not have any black rifles.

Here is a link to some details: http://www.antiquearmsshow.com/attendee-information-customer-buyer-las-vegas.php

Notice the special room rates, etc.

It takes me most of the first day to get thru the antique part of the show. Lots of nice stuff to see.

I think you'll enjoy it and you might meet up with some of the guys that post on the various gun forums.

Jolly

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bill,

I appreciate that information. I will be buying the "early bird special" pass.

This will be a bit of a bittersweet trip, tho'. My dear friend and former member of this board, Doug (PA24), had invited me to come stay with him and go to the show each day, only months before his accident and subsequent death two years ago. Maybe getting to meet a few of you will temper that.

Best, SRH

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why on earth do they hold these shows (e.g. SCI and Dallas) before the end of duck season??

Last edited by LGF; 11/05/17 01:45 AM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I totally agree, LGF. At least I won't miss any of dove season. It goes out the 15th, I think.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, please make it by the engravers section (FEGA). I for one would welcome the chance to meet you...and any other board members who attend.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I will put that on my list of stops Sam. Thanks for the invitation.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, Doug had invited me as well and I had really looked forward to meeting you both in person. Rarely do I log on without thinking of Doug and our many phone conversations. What a treat to have been able to know him. I look forward to one day meeting you in the flesh.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.