March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (12boreman, craigd, Owenjj3, NCTarheel, 2 invisible), 396 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, Stan,Stan! How many times I gotta told ya! When you're doing a hundred, stop pedaling when you're on gravel!

Get better my friend. While I'm in my room talking to the Lord about Miller I'll ask if He can extend his Grace to one more.

Prayers coming.

Cary

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to hear you are ok, Stan. That is scary. Hope you are around for years to come.

Last edited by Mills; 10/30/17 04:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,

That case looks strangely familiar. I'll bet it was worth a few Briley chokes? (Which I am happily using.)

Glad to hear you are fine. I lost my best buddy on a motorcycle. I still love motorcycles. All of mine are off-road dirt bikes.

Joe

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Glad you can step back from a close call. Whew, what case, keep getting better.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all the best wishes. Lots of prayers have me mending very well.

A "semi-" load of peanuts shot out into the road just ahead of me without stopping to even look and I had to evade a collision with it by swerving into the left lane. That put me on an angling course to go down into the other ditch at 50 mph, and I knew I couldn't handle that either so I tried to correct back to the right. 600 lb. road bikes don't maneuver like dirt bikes and I lost it and went down on the left side. Bad road rash on left forearm required 8 or 9 stitches, some more on the left knuckles required a few more, badly swollen and bruised left knee, lower leg and foot, and some cracked or badly bruised left side ribs. But, I drove a tractor and combined peanuts the very next afternoon.

I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I sure ain't the prettiest, but I must still be pretty tough at 66. I had a great VA Doc and ex-Navy male nurse in the ER. They get lots of credit. Lots to be thankful for, not the least of which is all my great friends on here.

Here's to light frosts and big coveys, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
For some strange reason, I thought you wreaked your bicycle...

I had my motorcycling days, enjoyed it all, rode a 1995 GSXR 750 to both coasts, and an 1991 FJ1200 numerous times to California to participate in Keith Code's classes, but, when I became a father, the bikes went.

If I tried to ride a 'Gixer anywhere out of state today, I'd need a chiropractor to get me off of it when I came to a stop. You can rip massive wheelies at 90mph on a 'Gixer and approach 200mph. I never rode without full leathers, helmet, boots and gloves.
I miss it. But I keep the Olds around for ice cream runs with the boy. We have a blast.

Hope the 210 keeps you out of motorcycle mischief. ERs, life support, intensive care, transfusions, level three trauma centers, bone infections and what-not are hard on us old guys.

That said, I spend a lot of time on my bicycles.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If it ain't got at least four wheels, I look the other way now. Found a t-shirt I think I may buy tho', just for laughs. Says on the back ..............

"Sons With Arthritis"

"Ibuprofen Chapter"

............with a skull and two crossed pistons.

I can relate to the ibuprofen part ............. 600 mg every 6 hrs. has worked wonders for me for the last 10 days.

SRH

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here's a couple more pics of the cases. this first one is the buckle on the 30" case. It has the original "skeleton" key which locks the buckle in such a way that the strap cannot be unhooked. Pretty cool for the key to have remained with the case all these years, I think.

And, another view of the 32" case, and the richness of the leather after Kevin did his reviving.

SRH

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.