March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, DaveB, graybeardtmm3, Kip, bsteele, Jeremy Pearce), 803 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This gun was sold by El Trust Eibarres. Near as I can tell its a V. Sarasqueta. 70mm chambers, 30" pipes, extractors, it was originally choked mod and full but I had my local 'smith open up the right barrel to skeet 1. It locks up tight, has chopper lump barrels, bushed strikers and side clips. Oh! And the animal engravings are not AS cartoonish as some I have seen. Even though I didn't have a chance to shoot it at clays or pattern it prior, I decided to take it out for the pheasant opener in PA. Two birds flushed out at 25 yards, one right one left. Two barrels, two birds and my first double shot. Its not very pretty, but at 6.8 lbs it was a joy to carry.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Some Victor Sarasqueta's on Natureabuy.Fr.

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Fusils-Juxtaposes-Sarasqueta-critere-33397.html

The following from this French site: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BEST-GUNS-MA...375348629163010

VICTOR SARASQUETA La firme de Victor Sarasqueta a été fondée en 1883, le fondateur considéré comme le père de l’armurerie fine espagnole était ,non seulement un armurier compétent, mais également un novateur et un industriel talentueux, ça devise, le principe selon lequel Victor Sarasqueta a vécu était : « Quoi que vous fassiez faites le bien. Ce qui est fait bien est plus difficile, mais tout le monde le veut. Faire du mauvais c’est plus facile, mais personne n'en veut. » La société a rapidement grandi pour devenir la compagnie de fabrication d'armes dominante à Eibar. A son apogée, l'entreprise employait 125 personnes, en 1902 Sarasqueta a été nommé fournisseur de la maison royale d'Espagne. Tout au long de son histoire, l'entreprise a principalement fabriqué une variété de fusils de chasse de bonne qualité, dans le style britannique, à platine ou A&D Les années 1970 et 80 ont vu un important ralentissement de l'activité pour les fabricants d'armes espagnoles. Pendant ce temps, Victor Sarasqueta, SA a été réorganisé et la raison social devient « Victor Sarasqueta Rifles y Escopetas Especiales, SA » .Un certain nombre de modèles ont été abandonnées et la gamme de production a été réduite à deux modèles A&D et trois modèles à platines .Dans le milieu des années 1980, l'entreprise fait partie du groupe Diarm qui a tenté de regrouper plusieurs entreprises de fabrication d'armes espagnol en une seule société. Le cabinet Diarm a fermé ces portes a la fin des années 1980 mettant fin à un chapitre de fabrication d'armes espagnoles.
-------------------------(not a good translation of the above)--------------------------------------
- Victor Sarasqueta Victor Sarasqueta was a firm of gun makers based in Eibar, Spain. It mostly produced side-by-side shotguns based on British designs. The business was founded in 1883 and in 1902 received a Royal Warrant as a purveyor of guns to the King of Spain. After being reorganised as Victor Sarasqueta Rifles y Escopetas Especiales, S.A., the business became part of the DiArm Group in the mid 1980s, a company which did not survive that decade.

My own half-baked translation which at least is better than the above:

The firm of Victor Sarasqueta was founded in 1883, the founder considered as the father of fine Spanish gun makers was not only a competent gun maker but equally an innovator and an industrial talent. He created the guiding principal which Victor Sarasqueta advocated: "That which you make, make well. That which is well made is the most difficult but the whole world will know about it; To make something badly is easier, but no-one will want it." The company rapidly grew to become the dominant company for the fabrication of guns in Elbar. At its apogee, the enterprise employed 125 persons. In 1902 Sarasqueta was named furnisher of arms for the Royal house of Spain. Throughout its history the enterprise mainly made a variety of shotguns of good quality in the British style, with sidelocks or "A&D" (boxlocks?). The 1970's and 80's saw an important slowing down of activity for Spanish gun makers. During this time Victor Sarasqueta SA was reorganized and the Society became "Victor Sarasqueta Rifles and Shotguns SA." A certain number of models were discontinued and the production was reduced to two sidelock models. In the middle of the 1980's, the enterprise became part of the Diarm group wich tried to combine several Spanish gun makers into one company. Diarm closed its doors at the end of the 1980's putting an end to a chapter of Spanish arms making.

Last edited by Argo44; 10/22/17 08:05 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That's where my V. Sarasqueta hypothesis came from...

The serial on the water table begins with AM and there is a V.S mark on the barrels...

Sidelock
Sidelock

wonderful foto graphy...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great prices on severely underrated guns. You did well.

Interesting lock up on that Spaniard with its rib extension and cross bolt. The vast majority of Spaniards I've seen only have the Purdey double underbite.

The A.M. prior to the serial number is definitely Victor Sarasqueta. I can't narrow down the date of manufacturer with just the proof marks though. I don't see a date code stamp in your pictures either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You would think that date stamp would be on the action flats but I don't see anything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most of the 250 dollar spanish guns have the double under bite but very few have more than one of these properly fit.

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had an Italian made Richland Arms model 707 3" 20 gauge (My son has it now) which had what appears to be an identical concealed cross bolt. A smoke test revealed it had no contact at all thus was essentially useless. It had rather heavy double underlugs, Amply thick bolts & sidewalls in the frame. It carried the heaviest Italian Proof of the day which as I recall was listed as Superior Proof. The hunting I was doing at the time I used it mainly with standard 2 1/2 DE-1oz loads. However I felt no qualms at all about firing the heaviest 3" loads available. I think I bought one box of them just to try out but really had no use for them. I was occasionally doing a it of squirrel hunting at the time which didn't allow rifles so loaded the empties with 1 1/8 oz of #5's at about 1150 fps. These proved quite effective especially on the occasional Fox Squirrel I would run into. Bought this gun from Hester's Inc just barely prior to the 68 GCA shutting down the mail order business. Paid $135.00 for it when most places were listing it @ $179.95. Ordered it with 28" barrels (My favorite length) M/F & opened the right barrel to I/C. Weight was 6 1/4 lbs. For my use it proved to be a very useful & versatile gun. When you touched off one of those full loaded 3" maggies though you definitely knew when it went off. The milder reload was quite comfortable.
Miller/TN

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
You would think that date stamp would be on the action flats but I don't see anything.

Treblig I cannot find it either. I have searched all over the gun.

After hunting season is over, I suppose I should strip the polyurethane, which the previous owner slopped all over the stock and receiver and give it a proper coat of oil.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.