May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 211 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,561
Posts546,338
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
At a gun show about a year back, small affair at a gun club, and at one table were Model 37s and Model 12s. Everyone was looking at the Model 12s even the beater Model 12s.

Use that Ithaca!!! Beat it into the ground. It will just laugh at you, saying "Is that all you got?"

That is nice thing about NID one can use 2&3/4 lead shells from Walmart w/o worries and normal wear and tare assuming gun is well taken care of does not represent significant loss in value.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I blast slugs through my Ithaca Nitro Special for deer hunting and will use it this year as in the past for bear hunting.

Nothing bothers it. And nobody wants it either. blush

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very stout and reliable guns, those Nitro Specials, even if they are nothing fancy. My first Nitro was a nice little .410 that I bought for $160.00 in the mid-1980's. Asking price was $175.00. Then there's the 16 ga. Nitro that I bought at a very large gun show for $100.00 around 1990. At the same gun show, I also bought a VH Parker for $375.00, A very nice Damascus A Grade Baker for $125.00, and a FW field grade 16 ga. L.C. Smith that needed a buttplate and an easy split toe repair, for $175.00.

I didn't think I was going to buy four double shotguns that day, but I thought they were all a very good value considering price and overall condition. I've never seen gun show vendors so willing to deal as that day. The crowd was very thin because the town's NFL football team was playing a big home playoff game with a hated rival. But everyone knows how doubles are losing value, so I'd be lucky to get half that for them today... right?

Buy low..sell lower! That's how I roll.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you will do OK on those, Keith, and it illustrates my point of making the eventual sale money on the purchase.
I like NIDs, but, I can't think of a NID I'd want to be in for $1.5K. That might be just me, but, I doubt it.
PJ, as I have stated before, few here care what a 37 is worth, or, what it is used for. I do, and I can think of two or three others. None of us need to buy another. I've had one of mine for 40 years, and need to visit the topic only anecdotally. If you want feedback on one of those, stick to shotgunworld, or, whatever it is (I don't post there) and people who care about that subject.
This is a double gun board. Mostly.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's surprising Keith, I thought you were strictly a Lefever man.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your problem selling the NID did not surprise me. I tried to sell one here a few months ago at less than half the price of yours and received no interest. Although not as nice as yours, it is still a very good condition NID. 12 gauge, field grade guns just don't move.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom C
Your problem selling the NID did not surprise me. I tried to sell one here a few months ago at less than half the price of yours and received no interest. Although not as nice as yours, it is still a very good condition NID. 12 gauge, field grade guns just don't move.

Yes, when they are looking for heavy gun the vertical gun almost always wins the contest. When it comes to game guns the light 12ga with excellent balance and handling will still move. That position is being deteriorated by modern light weight vertical guns. Well to do boys will usually buy Beretta or Merkel though B.C. Miroku Brownings also sell very well. Light weight Franchi, Benelli,.....autoloaders also have a following. Very competitive market out there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's Jagermeister once again... predicting the decline and demise of sxs doubles on a double gun forum much as his anti-2nd Amendment pal King Brown frequently predicts the demise of hunting and shooting sports.

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Winchester boys like Colt and Parker Bros. brethren have "deeper pockets".

For most part Ithaca boys have holes in their pockets. The wonderful field grade 37 pump in very good shape can be had for about $300 or $50 to $75 more than 30 years ago. Flagship transitional 'Supreme' from mid-50s with solid rib, nice wood and Ithaca Sunburst pad with aluminum backing in top shape (dry closet gun) went for only $500 at LGS. Equivalent gun from Winchester model 12 line would bring well over $1000.

Almost everyone has deeper pockets than a tire-kicker and gun counter drooler like you Jagermeister. Not much chance that a guy who actually rents a cheap Chinese .22 bolt action rifle will be buying any Parkers or Winchester 21's any time soon. Same goes for most of the other guns you post about, yet have no more personal knowledge of than slobbering over them at your local gun shop.

How many doubles do you personally own Jagermeister? Oh, yes... the answer is ZERO... not even one lousy cheap rattle-trap Crescent or Stevens 311 barn gun. You haven't even handled or shot the vast majority of guns you profess to know so much about. You simply regurgitate what you read elsewhere in a pathetic attempt to pretend to be a knowledgeable gun guy.

By the way, you are off the mark in your prices over the last 30 years for Model 37 pumps... just more of your totally off topic drivel. And you would be even more off if you could lay your hands on actual sales prices for vintage doubles over the same time period. Many investments have done better, but you will never be able to hunt and shoot skeet with your Beanie Baby collection.

Post # 451427 on 7/27/16
...I accumulate guns and stuffed toys same as they accumulate paintings, stamps, coins,....

We already know that you don't really accumulate or purchase many of the guns you claim to buy. You put them on layaway, and later back out of the deal. You lie to us in a sad attempt to impress us, but you look like a pathetic ass because you can't keep your lies straight. You probably do the same thing with your stuffed toys.

I had bunch of guns I put money on but found something different I liked down the road. There was a Perazzi O/U, Ithaca NID, Ithaca 37 Supreme solid rib, Remington 879 Police Magnum, Browning Citori. I have now cured that problem and no longer put stuff on layaway because it does not work for me. I now put stuff on 24 hour hold. If a man can't make their mind in 24 hours they never will.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

To put it into perspective in my part of the world, $500 tops. It all depends on where and how you want to sell it to make the maximum buck. Strategize!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.