Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I like the old Latin proverb, " My friends need no expalination and for my enemies, no explaination is good enough. I am LDS, Conservative and a Gun Owner. That means I don't have a friend in the world. I gave up long ago trying to find acceptance from people that hate my guts. It'll never happen. If gun owners think they can pacify their eneimes by being good citizens and being submissive, They are DEAD wrong.
-Regards

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't mean to infer that I'm for pacifying enemies, I/M. I don't have enemies personally or any that I know of, as most people I know. Some may not like what I do but that hardly makes them enemies in the sense that they are hostile or rude. I'd like to think that active participation over a wide range of community affairs may even earn from them a smidgen of respect. This is not to say, however, that the shooting sports does not have enemies. They do. Then it's like hockey: played to our strengths with passion and elbows up in the corners. There's nothing submissive about that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

...and so it starts!
Welcome to the Pan-American states.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where Canada's Susan Nattrass won gold for trap at the Pan American Games this week, Lowell, and she's a superb representative of our fraternity to the world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Other than SoCentral LA, and cash crop areas, were are that many bullets fired-off in California....San Fran....Orange County....West Hollywood?
If the Condors have a taste for lead, they'd starve to death in Golden State.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
I think you miss part of the point, it is our right not priviledge to own and use guns. We should not be worried about making a little mistake. Ofcourse the way things are headed who knows. OSHA rules,. anti lead more crap including Michaels Moore's new movie "your mother kills animals" or some such thing are continuing to move the country away from the shooting sports.The one thing that keeps freedom intact as a right, is our ability to keep and bear arms. I am growing weary of the continued assalt on our rights but can't let down my guard or they may be gone. Eventually I think people will grow weary and become removed from the fight and we will be hit when our backs are turned.

Jeff G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's no doubt at all that the right to own and use guns is more of an issue there than here, Jeff. When there's any discussion of the issue among gunners here it's not so much a right but what the democratic right of the majority is doing to us.

The reason for the difference---just a guess---is that most gunners hereabouts acknowedge the political realities although the minority Conservative government has promised to get rid of the long-gun registry.

We may agree that even the notion of right in this respect is pretty tenuous when the courts are continually reminding our federal and regional governments what they can and cannot do---and the mishmash of regulations resulting from it.

What I meant by not making mistakes is this: As an activist for 40 years, it's often necessary to introduce new ideas and information to defeat an opponent's strategy. One mistake, one false note, is a dagger through your throat.

We're so far behind the 8-ball we can't afford to make them. I'm not a defeatist on the issue at all but any campaign must begin with an assessment of reality. John Meeker is doing that. How many soldiers have a field marshal's baton in their rucksack?

I get a kick out of reading thoughts on rights. As if a piece of paper gave me any rights. Or another man can grant rights or take away any rights that nature affords me

The idea that an appointed or an elected Man can or can't give rights is the best BS ever.

Now for a people that still struggles with the "Divine Right" myth, it's understandable. Hell, they grew up that way.

For an American to think that way is just a fact that the brainless among us has bought into the big lie, without any thought, what so ever.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess those mountain lions must've lost their taste for poodle in CalirOn'i'a.

The next thing will want will be rubber bullets....maybe paint ball guns for hunting.

Those same idiots fail to realize the Condor was saved from intinction because of people like us....not them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.