March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, DaveB, graybeardtmm3, Kip, bsteele, Jeremy Pearce), 803 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting that, Walter. It is so rare to hear of retailers going the extra mile.

My apology for that comment, Larry. It was unwarranted.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
It is a fair question. Likely a moot point from today, as well, as I doubt that would be in the cards.
Even for Larry.

Cback is right, retail must be a never ending hell.

I had a good experience with George, but, it was a dealer to dealer thing, and a bit different.

I'd recommend him.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bought a Browning Continenntal 2 Barrel set, 20 Ga barrels and 30-06 barrels. adveryised as 99% original condition. I emailed and expressly asked about any cracks, chips or splits. The response were none. "Gun is almost new with a few very light handling marks, no cracks or any issues" was the reply.
I bought the gun, paid 60.00 shipping and when I opened the box; which showed no damage or evidence of rough handling, the wrist was cracked.
I called the dealer and he said to send it back.
I paid return shipping and INS on 6K.
I had 120.00 in both ways shipping. I got a check for the cost of the gun. I called and asked why I didn't get my shipping refunded since none of this was my fault. His reply was "check our policy, it says no refunds on shipping. I said "you shipped me a gun that was not as described". he said "see the shipping policy. I ate $120.00 on a gun that was defective and was not described as so even after I specifically asked.
he is from North Carolina and deals in a lot of Brownings.
Not the way I ever did business with my customers

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quick story not specifically related to this dealer. A few months ago I purchased a Sterlingworth 20 gauge off Gunbroker as a "Buy it now" situation. Gun had nice pics of the the sides of the frame but lousy pictures of the entire gun. Nice case color, unturned scrrews as they say. Got the gun and pulled it out of the shipping container and there essentially was no barrel blueing. Barrels had been polished (badly) and there were still pits to be seen. I never accepted the gun. My dealer reboxed it up and I sent an email to the seller and also left a phone message. Crickets for 3 days and then an email received saying send it back for a refund. No refund until the gun was received and they verified there wasn't any damage to the gun. I explained I had never taken delivery, so how could I have damaged it. They said they wanted to see how it was packed. My reply was I used their packing because I'd never taken delivery. Just put the bubblepack back around the barrels (I never even looked at the receiver) and put it back in the box.

Before we had shipped it back, they had relisted the same gun on Gunbroker with the same write up ("Very fine, all original conditon") and it was sold again as "Buy it now" by someone else. So the gun had been resold while it was still sitting in my dealers safe, waiting to be shipped back.

Bottom line was we shipped it back and about 10 days later I got my refund. Never knew whether the new buyer had the same issue with the gun that I did or not. BTW, this Dealer had a A+ rating on Gunbroker with over 500 positive transactions. Thank goodness I had asked about a 3 day inspection in advance of receiving the gun and was given I thumbs up. PS I paid shipping both ways.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Walter C. Snyder
A long time ago I bought an Ithaca grade 2NID with all the options from Bill Taylor at the Owatonna Gun Library at the time. It had an issue with the SST. Bill paid to have it fixed by Jim Kelly at Darlington Gun Works in South Carolina. A most pleasant gun transition ever. Major plus for Bill wherever he his.

Cabela's is nice in sense they can sent gun you're interested in to local Gun Library for $25 avoiding painful & expensive return process even if what you receive isn't as it was advertised. I will never understand why most expect more form gun dealers than from used car dealers? crazy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabelas gun room - on the c.2001 458 Lott m98 I bought with the obvious misrepresentation, they also said send it back but thankfully asked let us know what their "error" was worth to me. I told them I wanted the rifle, but the difference to me if I'd known of the issue made the rifle maybe $200 less valuable, they received approval for the refund and paid it. That was nice. The duo dealers in CA who terribly lied to me about the pair of consecutive matched British sxs's didn't acknowledge the problems with the pair when caught and only said send it back at my cost (to be $100, btw on me). I said I'll keep them, but what about the maker-signed oil bottle pictured in the ad but it wasn't included in the shipment??. We dickered and they finally sent me a $100 refund for the bottle. Classless.

To add to a side theory, the side by sides had a different/unique cast, likely tough to sell. I figure crap dealers will go to any length to sell-off an odd gun just to rid themselves, hoping for the best it won't come back. No class.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I will never understand why most expect more form gun dealers than from used car dealers? crazy

Cars seldom explode in your hands?

I would not expect any more from a gun dealer than I would from a numismatic dealer, musical instrument dealer, or art dealer, or whatever.
Simple honesty.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know George very well, and have hunted a good deal with him.....He'll be down here for the Dove opener....

You will be satisfied , or you will get your money back.....

I sent along a PM in reference to this topic....
Good luck in your quest....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Retail certainly can be hell. I've seen it both ways. Another plug for Cabelas, at least for the one in Lonetree, Colorado. They handled my trigger problem on that new Dickinson perfectly (zero cost or trouble to me). Toby Spanial was the man on that one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had nothing but positive experiences dealing with George/Champlin.

I would not hesitate to buy from George/Champlin again.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.